Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exhaling sound in the background

Kozu12345

Once in a while in a random mission, i will constantly hear exhaling sound effects. its something like "haah" every 5 to 10 seconds. i though it was kinda creepy because i don't see anything like this on the internet. Help me out! What is this exhaling sound effect in the background?! 

i thought it would be a stalker, but he didn't turn up. and what's ironic is that i'm using unranked equipments. And that is one of the criteria for him to turn up. (ofcourse i have the stalker marked like 5 times already)

-i only noticed this in Sedna Hydron Mobile defence mission since wave 1.

1 minute ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

No, it's not a criteria and it's unrelated to the chance that Stalker will appear.

Actually, stalker likely uses the old conclave ranking system, were equips, warframe and the mods determine said value, based on my experience, this value is read at the start of a misison to determine the likelyhood of the stalker appearence, entering alone into a mission or without mods makes this value so low that the stalker chance increase.

I have seen this happen many, many times, literally

Just now, KIREEK said:

Actually, stalker likely uses the old conclave ranking system, were equips, warframe and the mods determine said value, based on my experience, this value is read at the start of a misison to determine the likelyhood of the stalker appearence, entering alone into a mission or without mods makes this value so low that the stalker chance increase.

I have seen this happen many, many times, literally

It's RNG.  The criteria is the number of players in the mission who are marked by the Stalker.  Nothing more, nothing less.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

It's RNG.  The criteria is the number of players in the mission who are marked by the Stalker.  Nothing more, nothing less.

If it's just RNG, it is still biased towards unranked equipment. Cause I always meet the Stalker when I rank up my equipment, while he barely shows up when I'm fully geared.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

Based on my experience, i disagree

Just now, Gabbynaru said:

If it's just RNG, it is still biased towards unranked equipment. Cause I always meet the Stalker when I rank up my equipment, while he barely shows up when I'm fully geared.

I didn't mean for this to turn into a thing since it's off-topic.

We can all fall victim to confirmation bias.  There is nothing in the wiki or in DE's files that indicate that Stalker has any other criteria than simple RNG.  The only rule that DE put in place was that Stalker wouldn't come for you if your frame is low ranked, which is counter to your suggestions that lower-ranked gear increases the chance of Stalker.

If your anecdotes count as evidence, then my counter anecdotes should count as well, as I seem to meet Stalker far more often when I have fully ranked gear.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

I didn't mean for this to turn into a thing since it's off-topic.

We can all fall victim to confirmation bias.  There is nothing in the wiki or in DE's files that indicate that Stalker has any other criteria than simple RNG.  The only rule that DE put in place was that Stalker wouldn't come for you if your frame is low ranked, which is counter to your suggestions that lower-ranked gear increases the chance of Stalker.

If your anecdotes count as evidence, then my counter anecdotes should count as well, as I seem to meet Stalker far more often when I have fully ranked gear.

I have a question though. Are you playing solo or with pubs? Because the more people are in the group, the higher the chances of Stalker to show up, whereas in solo, it's one static chance, which, yes, according to my anecdotal evidence, makes him look like he's very biased towards unranked equipment, including frames. I always meet the Stalker when ranking a brand new frame. Wisp? Check. Hyldrin? Check. Khora? Check. Revenant? Check... any new frame I use seems to attract him like a shark to blood.

1 minute ago, Gabbynaru said:

I have a question though. Are you playing solo or with pubs? Because the more people are in the group, the higher the chances of Stalker to show up, whereas in solo, it's one static chance, which, yes, according to my anecdotal evidence, makes him look like he's very biased towards unranked equipment, including frames. I always meet the Stalker when ranking a brand new frame. Wisp? Check. Hyldrin? Check. Khora? Check. Revenant? Check... any new frame I use seems to attract him like a shark to blood.

I run mostly solo, so there you go.  Your anecdotes are counter to mine.  If you are meeting Stalker and your frame is below Rank 10, then that is a bug.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-07-15 at 10:59 PM, Gabbynaru said:

Are you playing with pubs? Cause someone might have forgotten their mic on.

I was doing squad, but i can tell the difference between audio from the mic and audio from the game. it was not static-y (thus not from someones mic). it sounds very much from the game. similar sound to the stalker spawn.

On 2019-07-15 at 11:10 PM, Don_T_Shoot said:

Was someone using an Ignis?  Or possibly Ignis Wraith?  One, or both, of them makes a weird sound after releasing the trigger. 

No. all of them were using sniper guns and shotguns.

On 2019-07-15 at 11:10 PM, NinjaZeku said:

What Frames were you / your Squad using?

E.g. Harrow or maybe Baruuk have ability sounds that might be the culprit here.

neither of them were using Harrow nor Baruuk. if i'm not wrong there were 2 Equinox Prime, Excalibur and Trinity (me).