The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what's the point of Nekros (serious)?

Ikyr0

11 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

I chose my words carefully: ASIDE FROM Desecrate

Imo the "nyx vs nekros who has better cc" aurgument is kinda redundant, cc has already fallen off massively and hasn't seen content that uses it in a little under 2 years. And confusion cc is objectively worse and a step below normal cc in terms of viability.

Nyx can tank more EHP but nekros can be mobile with his tank ability. (I know you can use spoiler to move faster as nyx but it's still slower then other frames in a mission.)

6 hours ago, stormy505 said:

And confusion cc is objectively worse and a step below normal cc in terms of viability.

By "normal CC" I assume you mean the Maimquinox variety of CC where the crowd is controlled by being dead. Because in all of Warframe I can't think of a more "normal" variety of CC than Nyx's Chaos or Loki's Irradiating Disarm. But that's just me being stubborn at 9 in the morning; now that I've calmed down I realize you could be talking about Vauban's Bastille. I would disagree with you if you are, but in a polite way based on my own anecdotal experiences

2 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

By "normal CC" I assume you mean the Maimquinox variety of CC where the crowd is controlled by being dead. Because in all of Warframe I can't think of a more "normal" variety of CC than Nyx's Chaos or Loki's Irradiating Disarm. But that's just me being stubborn at 9 in the morning; now that I've calmed down I realize you could be talking about Vauban's Bastille. I would disagree with you if you are, but in a polite way based on my own anecdotal experiences

stuff like vauban's bastille, inaros sand, hildryn, zephyr. etc was what i was referring to when i said "normal cc." i don't really consider death a cc since it stops working efficiently at higher levels, (but there's not much reason to go to those levels so... meh.)

confusion cc is just changing the threat level of certain enemies to be sometimes higher then your warframes threat level. the main benefit that SHOULD be happening with confusion based cc is that enemies will start killing one another which would actually be pretty powerful, but (like in the case of nyx's one.) enemies suck at killing other enemies. so there's really no reason to not just completely stop the enemies from moving over the chance that they MIGHT shoot you with no benefits that i can really see (i honestly want to be proven wrong on this since i want nyx to be better.)

only "confusion based cc" that i think is viable is putting loki's clone in a place enemies can't shoot, it bugs the AI into doing nothing since they don't have line of sight towards the clone. though this is closer to normal cc since it stops enemies completely and i also think its very viable cause it has extremely  long duration with most loki builds.

5 hours ago, stormy505 said:

but (like in the case of nyx's one.) enemies suck at killing other enemies. so there's really no reason to not just completely stop the enemies from moving over the chance that they MIGHT shoot you with no benefits that i can really see (i honestly want to be proven wrong on this since i want nyx to be better.)

only "confusion based cc" that i think is viable is putting loki's clone in a place enemies can't shoot, it bugs the AI into doing nothing since they don't have line of sight towards the clone. though this is closer to normal cc since it stops enemies completely and i also think its very viable cause it has extremely  long duration with most loki builds.

I disagree, but admittedly on anecdotal reasoning. I've found that: Inaros tanks way better than he CCs due to short range and limited angle; Vauban can only CC so many enemies per Bastille, and has a bad tendency to get shot while trying to round up the last few enemies; Zephyr's CC is even more imperfect, but less of an issue thanks to her Turbulence shield meaning she can't get shot anyway; and Nyx's/Loki's omnidirectional long range AoE with no enemy cap keeps them safe easier than Vauban keeps himself safe

But that's just what I have personally witnessed

If you augment Nekros's 1st he makes a good battle medic. Also, as a natural byproduct he has infinite channeling. I know, I know no one likes channeling. But I don't argue about that when I do 4+ million red crits slicing and dicing. Channeling the whole time. 

Edited by (XB1)Rust Plague