Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Mod Challenge Land Killing Blow On Sentient While Invisible BUGGED

(NSW)ShadowRead

Question

I have 2 Riven Mods to un-veil, one for melee and one for rifle.

To clear the quest i decided to use Ivarra with Prowl, with my Rubico Prime with Hush.

I restarted the second dream quest so i can kill Sentients there cause they are much easier to farm.

i have now killed over 20 Battalyst in prowl mode and they are not being counted toward my riven mods.

What is going on?

11 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, (NSW)ShadowRead said:

I have 2 Riven Mods to un-veil, one for melee and one for rifle.

To clear the quest i decided to use Ivarra with Prowl, with my Rubico Prime with Hush.

I restarted the second dream quest so i can kill Sentients there cause they are much easier to farm.

i have now killed over 20 Battalyst in prowl mode and they are not being counted toward my riven mods.

What is going on?

1. You can find sentients on lua. No need to restart any quest. Could also be why its not working. Enemies in quests can be weird.
  2. Doesn't Ivara break prowl for a moment when you shoot? It was bullet jumps and what not. Not an Ivara main. Use Loki or octavia to be safe since they can't be broken so easily.
  3. it doesn't say the enemy can't be alarmed so hush is not needed.
Edited by Zelmen

13 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Just to make sure, did you install the riven mods on the weapons in your loadout?

Yes i have both installed

8 minutes ago, Caine2112 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought DE disabled riven objectives in their quests.

DE what is that?

12 minutes ago, Zelmen said:
  1. You can find sentients on lua. No need to restart any quest. Could also be why its not working. Enemies in quests can be weird.
  2. Doesn't Ivara break prowl for a moment when you shoot? It was bullet jumps and what not. Not an Ivara main. Use Loki or octavia to be safe since they can't be broken so easily.
  3. it doesn't say the enemy can't be alarmed so hush is not needed.

1. I have had no luck on lua, i have not been able to find 1, in about 10 runs, in Plato.

2. I thougth ivara does not break.

3. ok thanks.

DE = digital extremes..... the ones who made the game your playing....lmao.... 

Did you try doing this @ Lua like was suggested to you???  

Im not a riven guy so understand that,  but i've never seen this challenge.   Would a vormalyst or eidolon count as a sentient also?  Stealth killing a vormalyst sounds like cake.....

Lua's survival mission is hella crazy but you get the deadly sentient drones atleast once every 5 minutes.  

But anyways gl sounds like a fun challenge.  

---------------------------------------------------

Side note....since you killed so many sentients in 2nd dream quest im wondering if you ever got "war" blades?  I have never EVER seen these before and it would be cool to finish a second broken war.    ( I dont know what noobs are on about,  I got broken war and full blown war just from doing quests and killing stalker...but I always see them trying to buid their broken wars from scratch...)

3 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Stealth killing a vormalyst sounds like cake.....

Would never work. Need operator to do so and they can only be downed with an amp... which takes you out of void mode. 

Unless you have a parassis sword (how ever you spell it). I think they can kill them now that I think about it.

3 hours ago, (NSW)ShadowRead said:

That sounds like your problem right there. I want to tell you to go to Jupiter and unlock those locked doors with the symbols on them, but I am betting you haven't opened any of these for the Captura scenes in the purple lockers.

It's a new addition to go along with the remaster or Jupiter and there's a single Sentient in there that I like to pickpocket with Ivara.

Lua is your actual best option because the quest might be replayable, but doesn't count towards anything you try to do there. Such as unveiling your riven, or scanning kavats in the Inaros quest. Someone did try to mention that in this topic here, and they are correct.

Do Lua, or learn the purple lockers.

Edited by Alcatraz

6 hours ago, (NSW)ShadowRead said:

2. I thougth ivara does not break.

Ivara's prowl invisibility will temporarily break whenever she fires a loud weapon, but she'll go back to being invisible once you stop firing the loud weapon. Using hush/suppress/silent battery mods on your weapons will not disrupt her invisibility. Using innately silent weapons will also work well with Ivara. I assumed you were familiar with this mechanic about Ivara's prowl ability when I read your OP and you mentioned that you hushed your Rubico Prime. It's common practice to hush/suppress/silent battery weapons when playing with Ivara.

6 hours ago, (NSW)ShadowRead said:

1. I have had no luck on lua, i have not been able to find 1, in about 10 runs, in Plato.

It's possible that the sentients in the second dream quest are not being counted towards your riven challenge (not sure if it's a bug, or something that DE disabled and I'm not going to check patch notes for this one, sorry).

To get the sentients to spawn on Plato, Lua, first you have to find the Oculyst sentient and get his attention by either shooting him, or letting him scan you. You'll know the Oculyst have spawned within the area when your screen flickers for a couple of seconds. Look for them within the area (they might be in the next room, but they'll be somewhere close by).

The blue oculyst sentient looks like this:

latest?cb=20150805015322

Then you just wait have to wait for the conculyst to spawn.

Step by step guide:

1. Go to Plato, Lua and just clear out rooms of enemies until your screen begins to flicker (usually happens within the first 2 to 3 minutes of the mission)

2. Look for the oculysts immediately (Lotus will also mention they're nearby), they'll have spawned nearby your location (maybe the next room over). 

3. Shoot them to get their attention. Then just wait for the oculyst to disappear and for the conculyst to spawn after 5 or 10 seconds.

Other important related notes:

- You can only do this once during the entire exterminate mission.

- Make sure your weapon is sufficient enough to kill them (you can reset their adaption immunity by simply switching to your operator and firing your operator's amp or default void beam at them).

- Completion of the mission is irrelevant for your riven. As long as it increases your sentient kill count (it will pop up during mission, and I think in pause menu as well, if it counted or not), then you can quit and redo the mission. Your sentient kill count will stay and you just need to keep repeating the mission over and over until you're done.

Video for demonstration purposes in spoiler below:

Spoiler

Or you could do what Alcatraz also mentioned above me and hunt for the secret rooms on Jupiter. Either or would probably work I'm guessing.

4 hours ago, Zelmen said:

Would never work. Need operator to do so and they can only be downed with an amp... which takes you out of void mode. 

Unless you have a parassis sword (how ever you spell it). I think they can kill them now that I think about it. 

Was curious myself and tried to test this. Turns out Paracesis can't kill vomvalyst once they go into their ghost form. Apparently you really do need an operator amp or default operator beam to kill them. I get greyed out zeros once they go ghost. Video below.

Spoiler

4 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

( I dont know what noobs are on about,  I got broken war and full blown war just from doing quests and killing stalker...but I always see them trying to buid their broken wars from scratch...)

Possibly because some people might want to hold on to their original Broken War for memento's sake. You are only awarded Broken War once from completion of the Second Dream quest and you can't get it again upon replays of the quest (as far as I know). Broken War is a required crafting ingredient to build regular War as well. Sure you can build regular War with your Broken War from the Second Dream Quest if you have no emotional/personal attachment to it. But some might care, and they might want to hold on to it for that reason.

Edited by BlindStalker