Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas and Negative Scaling

RubbleRain

Let me just preface this by saying that I like where Atlas is at, and I thoroughly enjoy his current play style. He's not particularly tanky, nor is his damage nuke-capable, but he is decent at both and supplements this with cc and protection via bulwark. He's one of the few frames where you'll be using all of his abilities together. However, there's no doubt he suffers from a myriad of issues which end upmaking him extremely unpopular. The rework added rubble, which hoped to add a semblance of scaling to his survivability, but the problem is that it does the opposite. Because of how petrify works, the higher the enemy density, the greater the rubble gain. However as enemies get stronger you lose health faster, thus decreasing the amount of rubble gain. This goes against the purpose of rubble and should not happen.

Make rubble heal AND gain rubble at the same time. Tanking abilities should become more powerful under pressure, not less. That defeats the purpose.

ALSO, considering how petrify is meant to be used in his kit (petrify > landslide > repeat), its stats are completely backwards:

- reduce petrify's duration to 7 seconds AT MOST. 20s is Heking ridiculous, and completely unnecessary when you're going to obliterate them with punches immediately after.

- reduce cost to 50 energy, maybe less. Building rubble requires liberal use of petrify, which right now is incredibly difficult without an efficiency build. Harrow has a similar ability for 25 energy, Atlas's should not be triple the expense.

The following are changes I would like to see, but don't view as absolutely necessary:

- I love my Rumblers Leon and Curtis to death, but even they know they're not worth 100 energy. 75 at most.

- don't force a glitchy loot physics mechanic on rubble, it serves no purpose. Just have it apply the moment the petrified enemy dies.

Next are unnecessary changes that I want anyway:

- increase bulwark size. It's just so small as it is.

- there are some enemies who can't be targeted by landslide. Certain orbs for example, as well as stalker last time I checked. Maybe there's a design purpose behind this. Don't care. Lemme punch.

- increase rubble/health gain to 75 and 100 on landslide. This is just me being salty about how similar yet more powerful wukong's new defy is.

• Like 4

The cap on his rubble is what made him still feel kinda worthless to me. Rework made him fun sure but the rubble is non existent if you get it as the enemy scales up they destroy his sad little rubble armor fast as hell or immediately. Even though I didnt do much testing with him rubble cap kept him on the shelf.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (XB1)DJoker87 said:

The cap on his rubble is what made him still feel kinda worthless to me. Rework made him fun sure but the rubble is non existent if you get it as the enemy scales up they destroy his sad little rubble armor fast as hell or immediately. Even though I didnt do much testing with him rubble cap kept him on the shelf.

There's no denying his rubble armor is weak when most of his tankines comes from armor in the first place. However I'm not looking to straight power up Atlas, just have 'working as intended'

4 minutes ago, RubbleRain said:

There's no denying his rubble armor is weak when most of his tankines comes from armor in the first place. However I'm not looking to straight power up Atlas, just have 'working as intended'

Sorry for me it might have everything to do with Nezha having so far infinite shield with his 3. So I feel like anything similar like rubble, ice armor from frosts augment  to his 4 as well should be able to get really high to help mitigate dmg from the scaling enemies.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)DJoker87 said:

Sorry for me it might have everything to do with Nezha having so far infinite shield with his 3. So I feel like anything similar like rubble, ice armor from frosts augment  to his 4 as well should be able to get really high to help mitigate dmg from the scaling enemies.

Is Nezha now tankier than Atlas too? Dam, I was hoping he could at least be top 10 tanks lol. But yeah personally I have fun with Atlas and if I'm comparing him to other frames, well, atleast he's not Vauban

20 minutes ago, Scruffel said:

I don't see the point of nerfing Petrify's duration, considering how most people already reduce Atlas's Duration stat a lot. Unless when you mean "at most", the 7 seconds is the lowest it can go.

Oh yeah for sure there's no point in nerfing Atlas in any way, but I feel that the incredibly long duration is what's keeping DE from making it a cheap, spammable ability like it should be. I may be biased but the way I use petrify, I'm not gonna notice the difference between 5 seconds and 60

20 hours ago, RubbleRain said:

Is Nezha now tankier than Atlas too? Dam, I was hoping he could at least be top 10 tanks lol. But yeah personally I have fun with Atlas and if I'm comparing him to other frames, well, atleast he's not Vauban

To be fair atlas isnt a tank. He is a brawler. In the grand scheme of things he survives high level content by moving and managing the invincible phases of his landslide animations. 

On 2019-07-18 at 7:52 PM, (XB1)DJoker87 said:

Wait. His Rubble caps at 1500 armor.

How is 1500 armor worthless? I have just under 1200 armor on my Atlas with both Steel Fiber and Armored Agility. While 1500 armor may not seem like that much extra DR due to the way armor scales, it dramatically affects his EHP. It brings me up to 90% DR, and going higher than that... really, the diminishing returns makes more armor than 2700 worthless.

For example, if I could get 3000 armor from Rubble, which would bring me to 4200, I'd have 93% DR. So I don't think the Rubble cap really affects much.

I wouldn't label Atlas a tank, but he can take a decent beating.

Edited by DrakeWurrum