Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Small Affinity Rework

svegurok

This isn't a great idea.

Firstly gear ranking up can be very slow as it is now (if you don't farm it), but not excessively slow.  Slowing it down would push players to farm affinity even more.
While making it longer really hurts newer players, and wont really have as much impact to those that are mid to late game players (ones able to make use of the really good affinity farms if they want to rank things as fast as possible).

Secondly with mastery rank giving you the minimum mod points equal to your mastery rank, in many cases leaves you only needing those last few handful of ranks while that gear functions mostly at around 90% capacity anyway.

Lets see if you made it 3 times slower it would not be so bad and adding forma would not reset it thus it would be easier for you to forma your favourite weapons/warframes/etc. Also MR is not everything now is it. And last real good reason is DE would be able to rework modding way easier if they wanted to. Just reseting every weapon to its rank 30 with no forma  and rewarding players with used forma.

2 hours ago, svegurok said:

Lets see if you made it 3 times slower it would not be so bad and adding forma would not reset it thus it would be easier for you to forma your favourite weapons/warframes/etc.

If they're your favourite then you wouldn't mind putting the extra effort in.

Also MR is not everything now is it.

For 50% of the items in Warframe it's the only reason you'd touch them, and since there are systems linked to MR it carries significant weight.

And last real good reason is DE would be able to rework modding way easier if they wanted to. Just reseting every weapon to its rank 30 with no forma  and rewarding players with used forma.

Or people can accept that in an age where patching is common that changes will be made and any investment into an item is done with that knowledge.  Also if you want reworks to not cost a person anything then wouldn't giving the option of a polarity reset/forma refund or maintaining current equipment status be easier?

Have you forgotten how tedious it was to rank some of the truly horrible items, or aren't you aware of just of much extra time your suggestion would force people to undergo for the same benefit?  For some context, your suggestion would benefit me (since I min-max basically every even semi-unique item) so I'm not coming from the PoV that it would hinder me therefor shouldn't be done.  I'm coming at it from the PoV that it would suck to be median player if the change was made.

You are probably right about median player. I was coming from a topic about changing how mods are applied and thought about this. Still the topic was not bad. You would have Mod places for Magazine (magazine size, reload speed), Chamber (elemental, status, pure dmg), Weapon body (fire rate, punch through, critical)