Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In all honesty I think the bar is set badly on profit taker.

Less so on exploiter because it's mostly just the me mechanic of doing certain things at certain times then keeping the coolant spiders off her, but it feels like on profit taker there are just too many things, and the end result is that no one does it. Eidolons? You can never not find a party looking to complete this activity, it's a given. You are going to be able to do this activity.

Profit taker? Nobody does it in matchmaking. Sure you can try to get someone together from recruiting but just as a whole it is too much work, requires too specific a loadout, it just doesn't need all this complication. And it doesn't help that you've repeatedly patched out anything that makes it overall just slighty easier. Being blunt if you had put the eidolon behind this much of a wall, reputation lockout, highly specific and controlling mechanics, etc,  you'd probably have a lot less people playing the game at this point. It's just overall an unenjoyable game mode where as all it takes to learn the eidolons are run them a couple times till you have the system down. 

You legit have a bounty up demanding people do it (one which I have already completed by the way) and still no one's bothering with it...... If nobody wants to be bothered by one of your end game events, it either isn't rewarding enough, or the bar is set too high. So I guess either increase the rewards or lower the bar. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx said:

If nobody wants to be bothered by one of your end game events, it either isn't rewarding enough, or the bar is set too high.

There is a mistake here. There really is only one option. The rewards are insufficient to justify running the mission. People frequently unlock it, many already have access, yet no one does it. The entry requirements are not the issue. In a game about grinding people ignore content that does not give them anything useful.

The boss fight is easy enough. Like Eidolons, if you run it a few times you will figure it out. PT and Eidolons are both very easy with a suitable group. The difference is Arcanes. Running Eidolons can get you platinum, running PT cannot.

• Like 1

I think you are missing one key issue.

Eidolons > Everyone wants arcanes and focus items
Profit Taker > Has nothing to farm so past a few mods and 6k rep item it has nothing to keep coming back
Exploiter > Has wanted cosmetics, Hildryn, gems, ores, 12k rep item

Out of those 3 just on this alone makes no one want to do profit taker after a few times and Exploiter has maybe 2x the shelf life only because the main loot isn't tradable. Supply and demand is more powerful. If people can make money off it, it will be farmed.

4 minutes ago, krc473 said:

The boss fight is easy enough

Yeah, if you like Chroma. If not, good luck beating it, cause that timer at the end's gonna laugh in your face! At least the Eidolons can be beaten by multiple frames without very specific builds, and Exploiter is easy as heck, but profit taker? Nope, never beat it cause I don't like Chroma and nothing else can. Not in time at least. Oh, and everything I said comes from a solo player. Including the Eidolons.

38 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

Eidolons > Everyone wants arcanes and focus items
Profit Taker > Has nothing to farm so past a few mods and 6k rep item it has nothing to keep coming back
Exploiter > Has wanted cosmetics, Hildryn, gems, ores, 12k rep item

I agree with this 100%.

I absolutely hate doing profit taker, and will only do it when I absolutely have it. the fight is a nightmare when it comes to fps, everytime I pull out my archgun to dps the profit taker and start shooting the legs, my fps drops from constant 72 down to damn near 25-30. On top of the constant staggers/knockdowns, people attempt to do this when there archgun clearly isnt ready, so the fight takes forever to actually finish, thats if you dont join a game in progress thats super laggy, which causes your archgun launcher to glitch out and not work. For me its not the grinding required to unlock it, its the technical issues that make it unenjoyable,and frankly, unplayable.

The rewards are also mostly useless aswell outside of the toroid and credits, but even at that point, theres better options like exploiter for standing

Edited by Vanilla_nuka
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Yeah, if you like Chroma. If not, good luck beating it, cause that timer at the end's gonna laugh in your face! At least the Eidolons can be beaten by multiple frames without very specific builds, and Exploiter is easy as heck, but profit taker? Nope, never beat it cause I don't like Chroma and nothing else can. Not in time at least. Oh, and everything I said comes from a solo player. Including the Eidolons.

Every time that Ive done it, Ive personally never used chroma, Ive always used Trinity, or Inaros

Just grinded the last ranks i needed in fortuna to try to complete the nightwatch reward (and i hate fortuna more than i hate cetus which means something) and tried (only twice, ok) profit taker. Even though i read guides about how to complete the task, i felt completely helpless : enemies everywhere hitting like trucks, couldn't see which of the phases was on, couldn't figure when to use my archgun and see it empty when i needed it, the thing is so big i couldn't see the elemental icon most of the time, fellow players dying every minute, etc. Plus i come here and see there is no valuable reward? Well, DE sure know how to motivate people 🙂 

Just now, Vanilla_nuka said:

Every time that Ive done it, Ive personally never used chroma, Ive always used Trinity, or Inaros

...Then I may need to look into a new Arch-gun, cause I was/am also using Inaros and ran/run out of time.

3 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

...Then I may need to look into a new Arch-gun, cause I was/am also using Inaros and ran/run out of time.

I use the Imperator Vandal, and frankly every time Ive done profit taker, Ive almost always out dps'ed any chromas in my squad. Its all about how much investment you feel like putting into archwwing weapons, I have 2 or 3 forma on mine, and have actively gotten all of the good archwing mods from the archwing game modes

Edited by Vanilla_nuka

Just now, Vanilla_nuka said:

I use the Imperator Vandal, and frankly every time Ive done profit taker, Ive almost always out dps'ed any chromas in my squad. Its all about how much investment you feel like putting into archwwing weapons, I have 2 or 3 forma on mine, and have actively gotten all of the good archwing mods from the archwing game modes

Yeah, one of the Imp Vandal parts never dropped for me,  so I don't have it yet. Been using a 3 forma Rad/Viral Larkspur. It seems to get the job done, damage-wise, but it runs out of bullets too quickly.

4 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

Yeah, one of the Imp Vandal parts never dropped for me,  so I don't have it yet. Been using a 3 forma Rad/Viral Larkspur. It seems to get the job done, damage-wise, but it runs out of bullets too quickly.

Ah ok never used the larkspur myself, loadout wise for profit taker I run radiation and cold since they have alloy armor under there shield, 90% damage mods of course, the Vandal can shred every leg in under a few seconds. Ammo isnt a huge issue, just keep an eye out for the corpus enemy using a fluctus, they drop an archwing gun ammo restore when they die, resetting the cooldown and restoring ammo

Edited by Vanilla_nuka

1 minute ago, Vanilla_nuka said:

Ah ok never used the larkspur myself, loadout wise for profit taker I run radiation and cold since they have alloy armor under there shield, 90% damage mods of course, the Vandal can shred every leg in under a few seconds

Thanks for the tip! Changed it to Rad and Cold, I'll see if it works.