The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How about reworking the most outdated mechanics in the game?

Ultraeviolence

I have a small suggestion.  How about reworking the most outdated mechanics in the game?) Like a flashlight for dark rooms..for example, it's possible to make a small drone that would be called from the inventory, or work by default in dark places (for example, it could be embedded in the Sentinel) and light the way. As for me, it would fit perfectly into the atmosphere of the game and it would also be a nice addition to the new rendering.  In addition, it's possible to make several modes of lightning: to illuminate the terrain under the character, dipped beam and high beam like car headlights: 3

Just now, Renegade343 said:

Also doesn't work during PoE night time.

DE why.

I dunno, unlike those dark Corpus corridors where the flashlight turns on, PoE at night is really bright and very much perfectly visible. At least on my end. So, if we get flashlights for PoE, I personally hope they are toggle-able, cause that might be too bright for me.

while we technically do have a Flashlight for dark places, it's finicky since it is dependent on some automated process to decide if a place is 'dark' or not.

i certainly wouldn't complain it there was say, a button on the Gear Menu (not a Gear item, just on the menu...) to toggle a Flashlight. i mean i'd prefer a dedicated Keybind but since everything that exists has to be limited to Controllers, i know that if we got a Keybind for Flashlights we'd probably also lose the ability to shoot or something ridiculous, based on past experience. so, a Gear Menu button it is then.

Personally it is amusing we have flashlights at all given that warframes don't have actual eyes or even external cameras (id presume the operators see via the void or other senses).  What is needed is warframes given some sort of ability to see in the dark that is fitting with what they are and remove the flashlight bit all together. (The AvP game from 2000 did it, so warframe should have no real issue implementing something of its ilk)

However in the short term as taiiat mentioned some kind of manual toggle would be a good option.