Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank 19

andrewd084

Not sure if anyone looks at feedback about these tests. I googled it and got quite a few hits that all say basically the same thing, but I figure the feedback forum is here for a reason, so.. here's entry number 1,866,234 in the "MR19 test is no fun" category.

Specifically, it requires extremely specific and perfectly executed skills and behavior that are not relevant to any other aspect of Warframe, ever, under any circumstance. I really enjoy most of the "stealthy" parts of the game (spy missions and floof hunting are great, even focus farming can be relaxing sometimes), but this is something else entirely. I'm fine just hanging out at MR18 forever, since there are no items restricted to higher ranks and I don't do a lot of trading, but it would be nice if this test were not a nigh-impossible slog.

5 minutes ago, andrewd084 said:

Specifically, it requires extremely specific and perfectly executed skills and behavior that are not relevant to any other aspect of Warframe, ever, under any circumstance.

I like to play stealth from time to time without Loki or any other stealth frame.
So how does this work with your statement that you never need stealth in any part of the game?

These tests are called "mastery test" for a reason. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

If you find this test difficult, I recommend using Skiajati. Sneak up on the first enemy, then quickly rush to the next one before invisibility wears off.

I have tried that, as well as using a glaive. I saw a banshee/redeemer "cheese" method, so I tried that too. I'm sure one of them would eventually work if I kept at it for a couple hours to satisfy the non-existent margin of error, but the "not even a tiny bit fun" thing is something of a sticking point there.

3 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

I like to play stealth from time to time without Loki or any other stealth frame.
So how does this work with your statement that you never need stealth in any part of the game?

These tests are called "mastery test" for a reason. 

Congratulations 🙂

The old cheese was Banshee+Gunblade, and don't forget to equip enemy sense + enemy radar. It helps a lot knowing where enemies are and which direction they are facing. You can practice it Simaris, as well.

The test is nowhere near as hard as you make it seem. Also, rushing missions semi-stealthly helps a lot by not having enemies pestering you, killing your companion or locking down tiles. Just because it's not relevant to your playstyle, doesn't mean it's not relevant to other people's playstyle.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

I think I used spira and a sword to stealth kill my way through that mission... if I used anything to go invis it was operator mode...

Nothing hard about it....tried to find my MR19 pic to see what frame I used but Looks like I skipped posting pics from 11 to 21 lol.  

This test allows only melee to be equipped. Abilities are also restricted (including Operator mode).

Ahh.  Then yeah just watch the little red arrows and rush them when they arent looking heh. 

Here is my ultimate stealth frame.....

Not sure if the test disables your radar but there are no red arrows =P.  My only radar mod is usually just Animal Instinct and I dont think your pet is part of test... maybe with enemy radar or vigilante pursuit.   But as you can see you dont need no stinking radar.  

My first video i tried to make I failed twice and passed on the third try.  This one I failed once and this was the second attempt.  

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN

14 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

I like to play stealth from time to time without Loki

it would be fun to get different rewards like untradable rivens and augments that have special conditions using particular warframes in tests or missions to gain a new mod or weapon BP. Replayability is low becaue of the types of rewards for alot of missions and content in the game, like the conclave and lunaro, is basically mysterious to alot of players until they check-off the toggle but the rewards are awful just like the syndicate missions are just painful to do, theres nothing new added in years for those missions or tradables, at least now we have the nightwave, i think each syndicate and conclave had some warframes but playhers coulod easily buy those, so the rewards are somewhat pointless without new aughments or warframe parts its super boring to get excited about waiting around until tomorrow for a new rank, or fullfilling all 5,000 daily points could mean that you get a relic or some random item, conclave dailygift, simaris training bundles, the same goes for darvo and foundry wares, they dont have random rolls or special things like in destiny2, so theres no reason to rebuy a weapon and call for platinum because the weapons are modbased reguard of how mnany time you use the foundry your going to end up with a basic weapon that has the same stats, honestly i hope that this is added to loot types weapons, syndicates etc.

A double shot latto trigger when the energy = 0 can be a permanent or glued on mod, while some other rolls could have detriments or elemental things added, untradable radiation damage to self, whi;le some other could RARE come with a special RIVEN when RECRAFTING = RANDOM LUCK.

Honestly I found this test relatively easy.

But that's apparently also due to my playstyle being the opposite of everyone else's playstyle. To me Warframe is not in speedrun mode. As for the specifics you mention of "specific behaviour" and how it would never ever be of use elswhere...let me just tell that this particular aspect is the problem of people like you. So far this is no judgement, it's just a fact. It took me 4 attempts, one failed mastery test, one failed simulation, one successful simulation, and then the actual test. Those are more attempts for mastery tests than I need usually (most but not all work in the first attempt. The test is hard, sure, but the rest of your assessment is a misjudgement on your part.

Spy and rescue missions could be so much more relaxed if it weren't for players like you (this is judgement) who just rush everything because they can't stand still for a #*!%ing second, #*!%ing up the mission and then go on to blame everyone for whatever reason (also Fissure Excavation missions and maybe sth else I don't think of right now). All of this is very much possible without Ivara or Loki or other forms of prolonged invisiblity, but with people only rushing everything like there's a competition to finish as much as fast as possible, I can absolutely understand how you'd think the mission was so over the top. I would LOVE it if DE actually implemented an improved matchmaking system that you can mark yourself as relaxed or speedrun, for example. I'd rather be matched only with people who are fine with taking their time. Would be SUCH a relief for missions with timers or other problems. The game can be such an obnoxious piece of software when played with randoms...sortie Lua rescue is literally impossible unless you're lucky enough to get to the hostage with the first try.

tl;dr: it's NOT hard, be patient and quit rushing everything as if your #*!%ing life depended on it.

to end this on a more constructive note, a few tips:

You have all the time in the world.

Their vision range is limited both in range and altitude. ie you can safely stand on most pillars

If you press H you can shift watching over which of your shoulders to look if you need that for vision

Their paths are predetermined. You can either watch them for a moment to act when you're ready, or you can just memorise it all.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I am trying to complete this test with Wish and Skiajati/ Glaive. Put Enemy Sense and Motus Signal. Increase the Range if you wish... jump all the time and hold WISP in air, as it makes him invisible.. its difficult but doable after some practice and lots n lots of patience.  Take your time. Dont hurry.

Remember all the abilities and operator is locked in this test currently.

• Like 1