Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutalist Quanta - It needs some work.

Disgruntlefairy

I really love the idea of the Mutalist Quanta but the actual stats and mechanics aren't that great. I think it could use a little love and work.

The easiest way to make it better would be to make critical mods affect the shots that leave the bubble. That would automatically make the gun better, I think. But there are lots of other options. Just give this interesting and underrated weapon some love.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Disgruntlefairy said:

That would automatically make the gun better, I think.

It would make it slightly better, but I don’t think it’s enough to make it worthwhile. I just think it needs a proper buff (keeping your suggestion).

unknown.pngYou need this for it to work good! (Multishot does not affect toxin cloud passive sadly, I would start by allowing more clouds to appear as you have 3 arrows a shot here). This is a perfect riven for it too! Only a faction damage replacement on %damage would be better for min-maxing against a certain enemy.

Edited by Midas

20190717235354_1.jpg?width=1712&height=9My riven is sadly -zoom... an associate has the perfect gem above this build... This is a perfect build for it as well btw, you get a significant time to kill increase in endgame when not running crit, run crit on levels 1-150. @Disgruntlefairy small percent chance of 4 arrows a shot on my build.

Edited by Midas

11 hours ago, Midas said:

20190717235354_1.jpg?width=1712&height=9My riven is sadly -zoom... an associate has the perfect gem above this build... This is a perfect build for it as well btw, you get a significant time to kill increase in endgame when not running crit, run crit on levels 1-150. @Disgruntlefairy small percent chance of 4 arrows a shot on my build.

Read the tittle of the post lol

On 2019-08-01 at 11:25 PM, krc473 said:

It would make it slightly better, but I don’t think it’s enough to make it worthwhile. I just think it needs a proper buff (keeping your suggestion).

I think it might use more of a buff. Maybe a increase in the fire rate and magazine size in addition to the crit bonus.

On 2019-08-01 at 11:25 PM, BlueSabre said:

The M. Quanta is a mastery rank 2 weapon. It wasn't meant to be a high end monster, but it is capable. To get the most out of it I use critical damage mods and hunter's munition, with this build it functions like a soma.

Ehhh, Mastery Rand and actual effectiveness is at best a very vague relationship. Seriously just because it is a rank 2 weapon doesnt mean it should suck so hard. Beyond that its build requirements make no sense for such a poor weapon.

Edited by Disgruntlefairy