Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Nightwave changes?

Ozymandius

I thought Nightwave was supposed to be better?  Still got the same crappy tasks, and every week there's one or two that are completely garbage forcing us to do a gameplay mode that has been rightfully abandoned by the players for being worthless.  And since you have to finish everything to unlock the old skipped ones... we're still forced to everything to get the rewards, rather than picking game modes we like and actually being able to ENJOY THE GAME while we do Nightwave.

Due to my FOMO I'm still doing it, but it's work, not fun.  Is this what you want?  A few weeks of WORK to get Nightwave rewards, followed by a break from the game for a few weeks to recover from hating it before the next round?

I feel sad that Steve was so excited to roll out Nightwave and it turns out to be a treadmill of razors.

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Ozymandius:

I thought Nightwave was supposed to be better?  Still got the same crappy tasks, and every week there's one or two that are completely garbage forcing us to do a gameplay mode that has been rightfully abandoned by the players for being worthless.  And since you have to finish everything to unlock the old skipped ones... we're still forced to everything to get the rewards, rather than picking game modes we like and actually being able to ENJOY THE GAME while we do Nightwave.

Due to my FOMO I'm still doing it, but it's work, not fun.  Is this what you want?  A few weeks of WORK to get Nightwave rewards, followed by a break from the game for a few weeks to recover from hating it before the next round?

I feel sad that Steve was so excited to roll out Nightwave and it turns out to be a treadmill of razors.

first of all - just while you do not enjoy some task didn't mean others don't. 

may it is a little bit demanding to success every task, most of them are quickly absolved.

beside that, yeah it may let you play some stuff you never had done before or you didn't like that much. but whats wrong with it. it's a simple task to complete like everthing else.

personally i like the new series. it gives me the opportunity to do some thing i never had time/attention to like the k-drive challenge. 

ah and, there will be much more task then you need to complete the series, so you are still able to get to lvl 30 without completting everything. 

so why exactly are you so angry?

Edited by (PS4)NewcastleDisease
typo

9 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Which tasks of the current week fall under this? óÒ

K-Drive I guess.

@Ozymandius I don't see any problem with your situation here. I have avoided the Conservation last week and the K-Drive this week as I despise those two "modes", you can perfectly reach Rank 30 at the end of the season without doing them.

I can understand that's frustrating if you have to do the K-Drive challenge to unlock ones you skipped during the earlier weeks, but they announced it was gonna be like that. This system likely won't change, that's exactly the purpose of Nightwave.

I don't really mind most missions that are just "do a specific game mode a few times", because Nightwave is designed to make you step out of the cycle of just repeating the same mission types forever. 

What I DO hate is the missions based on just spending a currency (e.g. "Forma items", "socket Ayatans" or "gild a modular item") because not only are they not a challenge at all, they actually make me want to avoid doing those things normally, because the mission could come back and then I have to waste currency.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (XB1)superfast240 said:

I personaly like how it gives you a reason to forma things, get those ayatans filled, or build that zaw or kitgun that you've been lazy to do

As said it puts things in front of your eyes to have a new objective of what to do.

The thing is, if you're doing those things already then the challenge is a punishment. If you are out of modular items to gild, then you have to waste time and resources on levelling another one. If you already use Formas whenever you feel like it, having to use 3 Forma in a week forces you to choose 3 things you probably don't need to Forma at that time. As for Ayatans, they're particularly annoying because there's never really a reason to not socket Stars the moment you get them, and on top of that, if you don't grind for Stars you might not actually get the required number in a week. Having a cost associated with the challenges is dumb.

• Like 1