Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee silence

rs_sakuras

Hey!

Can someone explain this to me i don't quite understand it. Why do people bash on banshee silence so much? When i use it i find it being prettymuch same as Loki or Ash invisibility...

I mean here's what Loki invisibility does:

1. resets the aggro on you

2. gives you a stealth multiplier

3. silences your guns

4. puts on a shader around you that makes you also look invisible in game

and here's what banshee silence does:

1. resets the aggro on you (enemies hit by the silence)

2. gives you a stealth multiplier on those enemies

3. silences your weapons

4. gives a small CC to move around and not be suprised from behind or something.

So, i don't quite understand why do i hear so many people bashing on it? it's very similar to any other invisibility. 

I'm not a Banshee expert, but the issue I have with Silence is just that it seems unreliable for protection compared to other similar abilities. Unless you kill every enemy that enters your radius within the unmoddable 2 seconds or so of stagger, then they just get back up and shoot you, and the only way to avoid it seems to be to have such small range that enemies regularly enter and leave it.

I feel like it could be much more reliable than it currently is, especially considering its main purpose (creating silence around you so guns don't make noise) does nothing to Banshee herself, because silent guns are already her passive.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

I'm not a Banshee expert, but the issue I have with Silence is just that it seems unreliable for protection compared to other similar abilities. Unless you kill every enemy that enters your radius within the unmoddable 2 seconds or so of stagger, then they just get back up and shoot you, and the only way to avoid it seems to be to have such small range that enemies regularly enter and leave it.

I feel like it could be much more reliable than it currently is, especially considering its main purpose (creating silence around you so guns don't make noise) does nothing to Banshee herself, because silent guns are already her passive.

But doesn't just walking behind that that enemy group prevent them from getting back up and shoot you? They will ignore you since they lost aggro on you during the mini CC and don't know you're there because you're silent

2 hours ago, rs_sakuras said:

3. silences your weapons

Another issue is that this isn't true. It doesn't silence you, it deafens all the enemies. In modern times this doesn't matter, but enemies used to have a hearing range longer than Silence's default range

2 hours ago, rs_sakuras said:

But doesn't just walking behind that that enemy group prevent them from getting back up and shoot you? They will ignore you since they lost aggro on you during the mini CC and don't know you're there because you're silent

Sure, but it's not as reliable as other abilities which just disable the enemies and do more than Silence as well as that. I'm sure that all sorts of Banshee mains are experts at hiding from enemy sight long enough to kill them in Silence, but that doesn't seem appealing to me when there are plenty of other frames in the game that have more reliable radial stuns (eg Rhino Stomp, Radial Blind, Lull), but attached to Warframes that have other abilities to keep them alive, unlike Banshee who pretty much only has Silence for protection.