Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Profit taker, heist 1st stage: base capture needed?

GrandLompus

Question

I've ran stage 1 of the Profit Taker heist multiple times by now, and it seems it doesn't matter if I capture the base or not, the heist just continues to the next phase anyway.

So: is there any incentive to actually capture that base?  Or can we just let the corpus go at it and be done with it quickly?  (not tested the latter btw - will do so when I get the opportunity again)

EDIT: fixed to say stage 1 instead of 2.

Edited by GrandLompus

8 answers to this question

Capture the base?  No idea what you're on about.

Within four to five minutes, the Tenno must kill the Armaments Director, Vivisect Director, and the Sentient Research Director inside the Enrichment Labs, then exit and raid the data vault just outside. Profit-Taker proceeds to taunt the Tenno as two Terra Ambulas appear outside the vault, which must be killed before claiming the datamass within and taken back to Fortuna

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Heist

To quote from the relevant wiki page:

... The manifests point to a random Corpus-controlled base in the Vallis, which must be taken over. One of the Corpus will possess a datamass that will allow overriding a terminal, which must then be defended as Eudico hacks its system to take control.

Once the base is controlled, Vox Solaris discovers that the base wiped their data clean, but sent a ...

This suggests (just like the in-game dialogue) that the terminal must be defended 'till the hack is complete.  But failing to protect it, the heist just continues on to the next part like nothing happened (the drone protection).

So my real question was more: am I missing something here (extra reward of some sort, apart from a warm fuzzy feeling of accomplishment), or can we just sit by, letting the corpus kill the terminal and get it over with faster?

1 minute ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

If I'm understanding the question correctly, the base capture has nothing to do with the heist. Base capturing is just something you can do in Orb Vallis and then get bounties from it once captured. It's just unfortunate that the heist finishes right next to a base making people think it has something to do with it.

Then again if the terminal is defended correctly, the base it is in is captured after this phase is over.  But the capture itself indeed seems unrelated to the heist.

35 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I mean.... when you do Phase thrn the game lets you do phase 2 without having go back inside. 

Im assuming if you fail to capturw the base then you move on to Phase 2 without a reward from Phase one....

Just ran phase 1 again and made a recording of it:
https://youtu.be/kOpXDHC2vlg
Yeah, lazy af going as Ivara, but what can you do...  Quality isn't top notch either, but it gets the point across.

So it seems you don't actually need to properly defend the terminal in stage 2; just letting the corpus capture it is much faster.  Or am I missing something here?

And don't be jealous: it's the first time ever I got the Atmo systems!  Happy panda here 🙂

• Like 1