Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rage/Hunter Adrenaline not working against Gantulyst?

HappyPrime

Since the augment pass, I've been trying to use Oberon with Smite Infusion to solo the Eidolons. With a strength build I can get a fairly nice damage buff, Renewal keeps me/lures alive, and Hunter Adrenaline should keep me topped up with energy so I don't need to burn through pads. In theory. I run into problems when I get to Gary - it seems like the only attack that actually triggers rage/hunter adrenaline is the magnetic scream when I break his limbs. Every other attack does nothing, and because I suck at keeping the lures out of those sky lasers of his my energy is drained away extremely quickly. I invariably end up with dead lures because I don't have the energy to keep them alive.

Terry is just fine - all of his attacks trigger rage/hunter adrenaline (as far as I can tell). I don't know about Harry yet, as Gary is preventing me from testing that.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar? Is this the intended action, or a bug?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Any damage to your health should grant energy through Hunter Adrenaline, so if you aren't gaining energy, that would sound like a bug.

I've had a lot of people say it's always been like this for Oberon and Eidolons, so I'm trying to feel out if it's actually intended or just a bug that has been passed over because (comparatively) so few people bring Oberon to Eidolon hunts, let alone solo them with him. I plan to move this over to the bug threads if I can confirm there's no word on how they're meant to interact.

You only gain energy for actual health lost so if you build like me in my last solo tridolon run with oberon and use adaptation you might not take enough damage to get a lot of energy back. I even tried to stand inside the big lasers from the ground and it gave me energy, just not enough because I built too tanky.

rage related bugs (and QT, which imo, has always been a bigger issue) is a known issue for a very long time. Often, dying once will fix it, however that isn't guaranteed.

Every once in a while, you will see either / both fail to work in a mission (but not in the previous or next), it is also reasonably difficult to replicate in a meaningful way to help support identify the issue.

Personally, I would just recommend bringing energy restores, it could come in handy when dying once is not the best option at the moment.

12 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

You only gain energy for actual health lost so if you build like me in my last solo tridolon run with oberon and use adaptation you might not take enough damage to get a lot of energy back. I even tried to stand inside the big lasers from the ground and it gave me energy, just not enough because I built too tanky.

I'm definitely taking health damage. Seeing absolutely no energy increase. I'd like to see your build though.

7 hours ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

rage related bugs (and QT, which imo, has always been a bigger issue) is a known issue for a very long time. Often, dying once will fix it, however that isn't guaranteed.

Every once in a while, you will see either / both fail to work in a mission (but not in the previous or next), it is also reasonably difficult to replicate in a meaningful way to help support identify the issue.

Personally, I would just recommend bringing energy restores, it could come in handy when dying once is not the best option at the moment.

This is happening every time, and I'm getting many people saying that that's just how it's always been with Rage + Eidolons. Dying doesn't "fix" it. Other sources of damage will generate energy - I can go over to the Grineer bases and get shot at, the Vomvalysts seem to work, and the magnetic scream after limb breaking works. Just Gary's attacks that don't. Also the whole point of this is to avoid having to use energy restores.

11 hours ago, -Bv-Concarne said:

It's true you only gain on health lost but not when it's from environmental damage, which only some hydrolyst abilities should count as if that.

Haven't got as far with this setup as Harry to know what does/doesn't trigger, because Gary keeps ruining everything. The only thing I can think of with Harry that would count as environmental damage is the ever present risk of death by lightning strike, which in this case I don't think should count as normal environmental damage. I'm pretty sure that none of Garys attacks should count as environmental though.

I'm going to push this over to the bug forums, 

1 hour ago, HappyPrime said:

Known as in known and expected to act like that, or known as a bug that hasn't gotten any attention?

Technically, either one since DE has yet to confirm it intentional or bug, but all of us believes it to be a bug. Through Google, the oldest report of this bug is from Feb. 2018.

vor 6 Stunden schrieb HappyPrime:

I'm definitely taking health damage. Seeing absolutely no energy increase. I'd like to see your build though.

Seeing all the other posts in this thread I may be wrong here. What may have happened was that i got energy from vomvalyst attacks or something similar and not directly from the lasers themselves.

On 2019-08-15 at 3:56 PM, NekroArts said:

Technically, either one since DE has yet to confirm it intentional or bug, but all of us believes it to be a bug. Through Google, the oldest report of this bug is from Feb. 2018.

Wow, google brings it up in the first couple of links, whereas the forum search gives me nothing at all. 

I guess it's just been continuously overlooked...