Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slot polarizations & different build issues

HIGHDAMAGE

Polarization system might have been fine years ago but now with the introduction of many new mods especially umbral ones i find it kinda hard to try different setups without breaking anything, not saying that we should get rid of formas as for my solution

Unlock unlimited points at max rank after spending x amount of formas           would be one of the best qol ever

• Like 1

The polarization system is definetly still fine and still works fine up to this day imo.
Unlimited points would just be ridicolous because you could make overpowered builds with that. Spent 10 Forma? Oh no problem, here you go, feel free to slap in all three umbral mods, blind rage, adaptation, yadda yadda.

The only things I find stupid about polarities is that cold mods are the only mods with a different mod polarity than any other of the status mods. Like - why? 
Also imo all auras should give the same capacity+ making all of them viable instead of having to run steel charge because you couldn't get your capacity proper else.
Or, you know, the trend of making about all useful mods have V polarity. 

I kinda have the same problem where frames like Valkyr or Volt have 2 builds that are very different, and it's almost impossible at times to fit two builds so different in a single frame.

10 hours ago, Hastrer said:

Or you can just build a Second warframe/weapon and make a new build with new formas? That also works.

Many people do build more of the same frame or weapon to overcome this problem, however I would like to avoid that, or at least know what DE thinks about this matter.

vor 56 Minuten schrieb D_Caedus:

I kinda have the same problem where frames like Valkyr or Volt have 2 builds that are very different, and it's almost impossible at times to fit two builds so different in a single frame.

If I managed to fit three different Volt builds onto one Volt Prime, you can fit two just fine. Speed Volt, Shield Volt and Discharge Volt.
That's the catch about the polarizing system, you can't just blindly forma for the polarity whichs mod uses up the most capacity. Sometimes you have to forma multiple times without gaining much capacity from it if you want to keep your frame open for various builds. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, (PS4)chubbslawson said:

I wish we could have different polarities in our a,b, and c slots

If they added a bonus to aff gain (with it not affecting standing/focus gain of course) per forma we had on a frame, then i would not mind this. Without an Aff booster, it feels more and more tedious to run a hydron to just max a single grind out(Especially after already doing 3 to 4 forma on warframe and going back to it with a Umbral and a Aura). Honestly i would like them to give us 5 configs on weapons just for the sake i do not have to constantly swap mods around to prepare a different setup like a different dual elemental. Same could be applied to Warframes since due to how arbitrations work, you need to basically dedicate a arbitation type loadout on each frame and how certain ones i might have more then 3 setups due to particular content type. Such as how i would have for Oberon a low range `tough` goat, a standard `field making` goat, what will soon be my new `eidolon busting` goat setup and the 4th being a twist on the field goat except to take advantage of arbitration bonus with a low power str but a absurdly long range & sizable duration setup, though arbie bonus just dumpsters that demerit with ease.

Though honestly, it feels like they need to take some steps to retune & polish old gameplay elements so things are alot smoother and maybe finally realize they need to do something usefully impactful, such as making certain overly common used, common mods, just be innate stat bonuses so we have room for more flexible load outs, maybe with a extra step further to make the mod bench have category types with more then 8 slots, exilus & aura to compensate, with each category for particular mod types so its less of a puzzle on figuring out out how to stack 4 to 5 power str mods on one frame and more about getting a GOOD setup that is likely way more viable, honestly this just reminds me of why i hate riven mods, the ability of b.s. power scaling out of control with no proper leash on it, despite it would be a better idea to slot a mod in for survivability, instead of stacking augur secrets on just to add a smidgeon more amount of damage.

Edited by Avienas