Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Flow/Primed flow any good?

DrakeRemorea

Question

I know, everyone is going to say it's preference, please don't lol.

I use Frost Prime, with a Dread, twin Gratakas, and Fragor. Anyway, my build for Frost currently is based on the icy avalanche augment to stack damage absorption from teams. Since I've started playing I've always used flow seems super cool. Got a primed flow for 20p, maxed it for like 100 in sculptures and twenty high indexs lol. But no it doesn't even fit in my build... frost has 150 energy at r30, with primed flow its 412 energy. So here's my build

Aura physique, for now need forma to make corrosive projection.

Stretch

Transient fortitude 

Augur secrets

Intensify

Redirection 

Vitality

Icy avalanche

Fleeting expertise

So what this build allows is 50 cost avalanches that stack shields, 60 per enemy hit, for me and my team. I am considering replacing it with vitality but that'd leave me at 300 hp after i replace physique, and I die enough as it is. My point is I like the idea of a higher energy capacity, but I rarely see it in builds. So how useful is it? Also what do you guys think about my build? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

6 hours ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

I know, everyone is going to say it's preference, please don't lol.

I use Frost Prime, with a Dread, twin Gratakas, and Fragor. Anyway, my build for Frost currently is based on the icy avalanche augment to stack damage absorption from teams. Since I've started playing I've always used flow seems super cool. Got a primed flow for 20p, maxed it for like 100 in sculptures and twenty high indexs lol. But no it doesn't even fit in my build... frost has 150 energy at r30, with primed flow its 412 energy. So here's my build

Aura physique, for now need forma to make corrosive projection.

Stretch

Transient fortitude 

Augur secrets

Intensify

Redirection 

Vitality

Icy avalanche

Fleeting expertise

So what this build allows is 50 cost avalanches that stack shields, 60 per enemy hit, for me and my team. I am considering replacing it with vitality but that'd leave me at 300 hp after i replace physique, and I die enough as it is. My point is I like the idea of a higher energy capacity, but I rarely see it in builds. So how useful is it? Also what do you guys think about my build? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

I would change Redirection to Steel Fiber, Augur Secrets to Primed Flow, Intensify to Adaptation and Fleeting Ex to Streemline. In the Exilis slot I would put Cunning Drift for more range. Icy Avalanche gives armour for the amount of enemies hit by your 4 not your power strength. IMO that would make you more tacky. It would also give you a bit more duration, so you can use your 4 for crowd control, but you can do whatever is best for you.

When you get Umbral mods, go for full Umbral build. Even more tanky.

Edited by RunningChaos

5 hours ago, Zilchy said:

*Makes strangled, concerning noise upon hearing suggestion of shields being useful in warframe*

I use to think that too until I started playing more nightmare missions that had the no shields tag.  It showed me that shield are useful.  Just not in the way that most think.  

58 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I use to think that too until I started playing more nightmare missions that had the no shields tag.  It showed me that shield are useful.  Just not in the way that most think.  

I took the lazy option for those and used Mesa's shatter shield lol

32 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

You have made me curious.....

How ?

SInce I like to use squishy frames, i had noticed that without shields (during nightmare missions) things like exploding barrels would kill me or come very close.  Otherwise I didn't even notice the difference (you know, Solo Ivara main. 😀) as with shields I could just destroy all exploding barrels without even thinking or worrying about it.  

• Like 1