Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Change the color of transparent black energy

(PSN)Shadow-wolfx-

So here’s my thoughts hopefully it would catch someone’s attention. I was wondering if it would be possible to change the black energy to something similar like the energy the spore ephemera gives off. Like the back tendrils of energy that come off the main body. Where’s it’s noticeable black unlike the current in game black where it’s just really transparent. I love this game and the level of customization but was wondering if this would be possible at all

• Like 1

I think that's possible but they should find another solution than simply changing "Black energy" to be full black.

I know there are some people who are using Black energy to make their spells nearly transparent, so if they ever make the black to be black, they should also add a transparent "color" somewhere in the palettes.

Meanwhile, you can still use the Dark-but-not-totally-black colors that are available. I am using a very dark Red (from the Fire palette) for the Smoke Ephemera on my Nekros and that rocks.

Edited by Chewarette
  • Like 1

While it would be nice if they just let players choose additive or subtractive lighting as a toggle for glows etc. Given that power, idiots will then run around with dark energy shields and snow globes and so on that become darker when overlapped and generally make a nuisance of themselves. They have done work with black to make it more "shadowy" but energy will likely never get to a shade you want unless its default is custom tooled in by DE.

Just now, Firetempest said:

While it would be nice if they just let players choose additive or subtractive lighting as a toggle for glows etc. Given that power, idiots will then run around with dark energy shields and snow globes and so on that become darker when overlapped and generally make a nuisance of themselves.

Totally agree.   Although that should be filter-able in display options.  i.e., "Other players' idiotic blindingly opaque weapon/ability effects:  Enabled / Reduced / Disabled "

5 hours ago, Chewarette said:

I think that's possible but they should find another solution than simply changing "Black energy" to be full black.

I know there are some people who are using Black energy to make their spells nearly transparent, so if they ever make the black to be black, they should also add a transparent "color" somewhere in the palettes

Agreed. TBH, transparent/invisible should be a basic free color option, just for the sake of people's eyesight. Or, instead of making it a color choice, add an option setting as suggested above, to render Energy effects Normally/Opaque/Not At All.

6 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Totally agree.   Although that should be filter-able in display options.  i.e., "Other players' idiotic blindingly opaque weapon/ability effects:  Enabled / Reduced / Disabled "

For the other people's colors, they could probably add an option to change allies' energy color to yours (only valid for you, of course)

Absolutely not! Some of us use that color specifically because the flashy blinding crap makes game play horrible. You want it more visible just move to another black a couple over. You can already match the tendrils with another shade of black.

As for other things we kind of kill fashion frame by disabling others colors, but it may be a better option. I'd use it because on rare occasions when I am not solo, I'll leave first chance I get if someone is blinding everyone with a staticor or catchmoon. I laugh at those eating a bombard rocket they would have seen coming if they were not being silly with power color choice on a weapon.

9 hours ago, Nichivo said:

Absolutely not! Some of us use that color specifically because the flashy blinding crap makes game play horrible. You want it more visible just move to another black a couple over. You can already match the tendrils with another shade of black.

As for other things we kind of kill fashion frame by disabling others colors, but it may be a better option. I'd use it because on rare occasions when I am not solo, I'll leave first chance I get if someone is blinding everyone with a staticor or catchmoon. I laugh at those eating a bombard rocket they would have seen coming if they were not being silly with power color choice on a weapon.

If you are only disabling ENERGY colors, then... Fashion Frame is mostly fine. Unless part of your 'Fashion' is in the shots of the weapon you're firing or what not

12 hours ago, Nssheepster said:

If you are only disabling ENERGY colors, then... Fashion Frame is mostly fine. Unless part of your 'Fashion' is in the shots of the weapon you're firing or what not

Weapon energy colors could easily be disabled IMO(I should be more specific since no power color Staticor or Catchmoon is blinding, I mean black by default, this will not work for Pox there is only one available color for Pox that will not obscure vision and shocker it's not true black). I was speaking more about Frame energy colors which can make visibility an issue but also do contribute to some fashion frame. I tend to stay away from them and forgo fashion for the sake of being able to see, but everyone doesn't have that same consideration or mind set. It's actually easier to get fashion now without blinding thanks to the new energy color options, but not everyone uses them in that way. 

Some frames power colors can blind people just as easily as weapons. I also noticed a lot of the blinding stuff from tridolons that DE toned down by request, are now brighter than ever since the changes to particle effects.

That makes me think, did they ever fix the particle effects in the options to reduce the effect, rather than just blur the effect, which caused lower settings to be more blinding?