The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Derelict Crashing

Tenzosan

I just crashed recently with a "graphical problem" my graphics are already lowest (personal reason to put it low) but can run MORE "graphically taxing" games. I can run anything outside of the void or derelict no problems. Frames are always fine. But four or five rooms in the void drop me drastically. The derelict is actually worse for some reason. I'm not the first to have this problem out of my little social circle due to a friend of mine having the same problem. Another friend of ours is suggesting it could be Windows 8 operating system, but I find this claim fairly bogus due to my ability to run other games just fine. My PC specs are better than the recommended but probably not the best out there. Anyone else having this problem or know of others having trouble? And does anyone know where there might be a fix or maybe a patch coming out soon for this kind of thing? Some feed back would be nice. Thank you in advance.

I have the same problem too and I'm running with Windows 7. I can't stay in the derelict void too long or the game will freeze then my AMD drivers crash and then my computer just crashes. I don't know if the new void is too taxing for laptops or something.

A lot of my clanmates don't have this problems, but I've been hearing quite a few happenings with this thing. Really sad too, along with really bad host migrations from being in EU. My game is nearly unplayable without intense frame drops and lag for more than 5 minutes.

Best chance, avoid the derelict missions. I'm really hesistant of trying golem with clanmates due to crashing and bad hosting. It's so painfully horrible.

There's a specific off-map "secret" area that leads you through a tunnel of vines to a storage room in the Derelict maps that consistently crashes for me.

Once I'm done searching the room for 'phat lewtz', I run back through the vines and crash as I'm coming back up the first 'joint' to make that left turn above me.

There is a work-around for this, DO NOT go in the secret off-map area! ... Its not worth dropping your mission! :p

Well it is understandable to just not go exploring and all... but I literally mean the whole mission was so laggy and eventually crashed even if I wasn't going in the secret off map areas. Normally I run the game no problem with maybe a small amount of lag during harder defense missions but the void has like 5 rooms that just lag unbearably and the derelict is just a "void" rework. so I don't see the problem.

I've turned off my Dx11 and am waiting for some friends to run the derelict to see if it works. so far it seems great! thanks for that advice! hopefully devs will work something out and help us through these rough patches :)

(side note, a loki friend of mine got curious and went exploring to the top of an area in the derelict and found a place where the devs decided "since no one will come up here we can cut this corner off and drop the quality of picture" gave us a few laughs when he was so determined to explore every inch of that area. And i'm missing out on that exploration cause of this problem.)

Im getting this too (on windows 7 Pro/ 64 bit warframe), crashes on loading into the derelicts, sometimes in the derelict's themselves (though often get graphical glitches on walls with lighting showing boxes of shadow dspite my torch shining directly at the walls).  I didnt have this issue before the last hotfix (10.1.3) however.

ATi/AMD drivers recover, warframe website says its a driver/harware issue, but I get no errors with any testing I do (including furmark).

Will try turning off DX11, and see if that helps.

Edit:

Turning off DX11 just caused lots of lighting glitches.

Turning off multi-threading and joining a friend resulted in the game letting me in so I could play, until I got these kinds of glitches while around plants for about a minuite or two and then I crashed out.  Hosting just crashed before at the loading screen with multi threading off too.

DerelictGlitch_00.jpg

DerelictGlitch_01.jpg

DerelictGlitch_02.jpg

DerelictGlitch_03.jpg

DerelictGlitch_04.jpg

DerelictGlitch_05.jpg

DerelictGlitch_06.jpg

Edited by Loswaith

Loswaith; I think you may be having a tad different problem than the rest of us. what personally was happening was that I was crashing after already being loaded and all. It sounds like you are having version conflicts or something. Try verifying your files and all and see if that might have fixed your problems. and if the game looks "funny" with dx11 off and you are running fine then try playing with the display after to see if there is something else in there you need to tweak. other than that thank you for the fix it worked like a charm!

Quite possibly but, I suspect it's more a compound issue of the same aspect.  I did verify cache though the first time I got errors, and after turning off dx11.

Given today with DX11 off it ran fine without the lighting issues, aside from the occasional microstuttering (though microstutter has been plaguing ATi for a long time now and rears its head every now and again, so likely to be on their end).

Most of my crashes are once the mission is already loaded, or just finished loading (as often its at the point of the mission screen just before droping in, thus when the level has already loaded).

In all cases though windows doesnt report any errors of hardware failure (in event viewer, nore resource loggers), and today the drivers dont even say they have crashed either (though still getting the hardware failure webpage).

Tenzosan: I've been having the same problem with the Derelict, though I've never seen any lag there. For me, at any random point in the mission, the game will freeze for a few seconds, and crash. I sent a ticket to the Devs, haven't heard back from them. Will try and turn off DX11 and see if that fixes it.

Edit: Thank you so much for posting this. Turned off DX11, and it worked smoothly.

Edited by TheEidolon

There's a specific off-map "secret" area that leads you through a tunnel of vines to a storage room in the Derelict maps that consistently crashes for me.

Once I'm done searching the room for 'phat lewtz', I run back through the vines and crash as I'm coming back up the first 'joint' to make that left turn above me.

There is a work-around for this, DO NOT go in the secret off-map area! ... Its not worth dropping your mission! :p

this is  100% the same for me first i had it too when actually going inside that area like where you need to glide under the vines. now i only have it when i go back where the first turn comes.

could it be that its like grafic card related for all of us ? im using a ati 6870 HD how about you guys? i really am getting pissed off about crashing that often. not to mention it allso can happen during golem boss but its pretty rare but does happen.

this is  100% the same for me first i had it too when actually going inside that area like where you need to glide under the vines. now i only have it when i go back where the first turn comes.

could it be that its like grafic card related for all of us ? im using a ati 6870 HD how about you guys? i really am getting &!$$ed off about crashing that often. not to mention it allso can happen during golem boss but its pretty rare but does happen.

make that allways crash during 2nd phase when someone blocks an attack with golem boss

As of the latest update, my graphics card keeps crashing (might be wording that wrong) on almost every other Orokin Derelict mission. I did enough Lephantis runs to get Nekros, so I don't know why this is a problem now. My CPU is running at optimum temperature, and I've put the settings low as I can, except for the resolution. This doesn't happen on any other map.

also crashing often in derelict after a while, i dont not have a video card to enable DX11 so the problem isent there.

also having some varios bug like have no warframe selected after a mission making it impossible to use the arsenal screen or being super zoomed out from the solar system with 4 [warbr]DESteve in the lobby screen, im pretty sure the latest update caused those issues

i hope this gets fixed.

im having crashes when i play the derelic map to get corrupted mods.

this happens when i travel whole map searching for the vault. 

my temps are good at full load of 55 degrees. i do not have graphical lag even with max settings.

i do not know what causes this. i am &!$$ed off that i cannot get the corrupted mods and having trouble when i join people and im the one to be blamed for crashing the mission.

tested to crash with *multithread on/off dx11 on/off* all graphics low / high

Edited by Ritchel

Hey everyone,

We have just added a new option to disable runtime tessellation for DirectX 11. There is a good chance that this will alleviate the problems that some of you have been seeing in the Orokin Derelict. If any of you would be willing to enable DirectX 11 again and then disable tessellation via. the in-game Options menu we would really appreciate any and all feedback that you can give.

I am going to post this in many of the threads that mention Derelict performance however please do not mistake this for an automated message. We have been digging through all of your performance posts and we take them very seriously. I am only posting this across the board so that we can get as many eyes on it as possible.

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention and I hope this change can improve everyone's time with Warframe.