Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not much incentive to play new content/game modes

brenofnd

I usually like to farm more than one thing at the same time (for example, Orokin cells and invasion rewards/relics, etc), but i think some of the newer and not so new game modes like Infested salvage, defection, kuva fortress and orokin derelict tilesets, the new game mode on the jupiter tileset) are poorly explored on alternative modes like Relic farming, invasion, Arbitration, sorties, etc.

One of the probable reasons DE don't implement these modes probably have to do with farming restriction of frames/corrupted mods. So if farming frames while having fun is an issue, i would suggest cutting these kind of rewards(frame parts, corrupted mods) as a last resort so more people could enjoy more different content.

Also, speaking of new content, i would suggest a rework of the free roaming maps, they are too small for free roaming, yet too big for random missions like exterminate,defense,interception, etc. and the side activities feels like a chore, but i guess overhauling this is a bit more complicated i guess... 

If you haven't paid any attention, DE literally said out-loud by their own admittance that Disruption has been received as a good game mode but poor rewards to incentivize. Hence the upcoming Disruption expansion including the Kuva Fortress for kuva farming and Lua for Gauss farming and something else (new). They're aware of at least that much, thankfully.

Infested Salvage was a giant pile of crap though, absolutely. It was disgusting to throw Nidus parts purely in rotation C while making A and B give absolutely nothing of value. Defection has potential but is currently so so boring, and potentially so annoying with how dumb the AI pathfinding can be.

Edited by so_many_watermelons

Incentive? I like the game. That's my incentive. Sure... I dont like some things. Lua rescue, the organ  puzzle on Lua, public mission where people forget to PROTECT THE POINT YOU'RE ON, gimmicky weapons and frames and a few more things. But  the overall experience is fun. If you need incentive to stay and play, you arent having fun any more.

1 minute ago, brenofnd said:

A full lobby is also a good incentive to play endless missions, a lot of meh game modes gets more attention if you throw some extra reward.

That's just the "loot-whore" mentality you're trying to satisfy which won't work because if that's the incentive, it's not a good one

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ThumpumGood said:

Incentive? I like the game. That's my incentive. Sure... I dont like some things. Lua rescue, the organ  puzzle on Lua, public mission where people forget to PROTECT THE POINT YOU'RE ON, gimmicky weapons and frames and a few more things. But  the overall experience is fun. If you need incentive to stay and play, you arent having fun any more.

I actually want to play more varied game modes, but the lack of people in public matches turns me off, i should also mention that i play defection in some sorties, but since i already farmed Harrow, why play defection when i can play a similar mode like Survival while opening relics/invasion/arbitration?

"That's just the "loot-whore" mentality you're trying to satisfy which won't work because if that's the incentive, it's not a good one"

Maybe but beats zero incentive.

Edited by brenofnd

11 minutes ago, brenofnd said:

I actually want to play more varied game modes, but the lack of people in public matches turns me off, i should also mention that i play defection in some sorties, but since i already farmed Harrow, why play defection when i can play a similar mode like Survival while opening relics/invasion/arbitration?

"That's just the "loot-whore" mentality you're trying to satisfy which won't work because if that's the incentive, it's not a good one"

Maybe but beats zero incentive.

Im not doing "loot whore". I like to play, I have fun playing. That's my incentive. Yes, I use reward as a motivator for some things, but for the most part, the only loot whoring I do is Kuva farms and arbitrations so I can farm Arch Rivens. Outside of that, I just play. Im MR27 and only have 2 weapons to get. Zylok(event locked) and Sigma & Octantis(login locked). And it's been that way for months. My current focus is getting stuff for guildies. If it can be traded, I'll grab it. I dont do missions Im not fond of as often as others, but Im running around and having fun. It's strangely liberating not having to farm for anything specific. I can solo most content and will do it when the public groups have been repeatedly bad, but I dont like playing a multiplayer game by myself.

I guess what Im getting at is that content will only keep you playing a game for so long. I have the entire Elderscolls collection and still play all of them. Ive done all of the content but I have fun playing it. I've restarted the game with several races that focus on every class. I like the eperience of playing it. The same with Warframe. Not saying I dont get bored now and then. But I dont need incentives like you OPd to keep me interested. Im not downing you. Im just offering my perspective and what keeps me logging into the game.

Im just offering some suggestions in how to give life to content that feels dead or forgotten. I understand that some of these missions are bad or need fixing and i dread having to farm something in a boring mission (free roaming is the worst offender to me), but some of these missions are fine but nothing special so when you have to choose, you choose the ones that gives more stuff so some tilesets/gamemodes gets the short end of stick. 

Here's another sugestion: Time specific alerts for some story based quests, i don't care that much for those, but it would be a way to make players care more about the game story?

Edited by brenofnd

5 hours ago, so_many_watermelons said:

If you haven't paid any attention, DE literally said out-loud by their own admittance that Disruption has been received as a good game mode but poor rewards to incentivize. Hence the upcoming Disruption expansion including the Kuva Fortress for kuva farming and Lua for Gauss farming and something else (new). They're aware of at least that much, thankfully.

You are right about me not paying attention, and the Disruption expansion is (partially) good news, my fear is that these missions ends up being just another dot in the star map, that i play it once and forget about it (kinda like already happened tbh). So i think they should add expansions AND timed events that already exists in order to increase player retention like Arbitration, Syndicate, Fissures, Invasion, Sorties, Nightwave, etc.

Take the orokin derelict tileset for example, the missions most people play in this mod boils down to Ayatan hunt, capture and Sortie, also the lack of public matches in this tileset doesn't do much favors...

5 hours ago, 844448 said:

That's just the "loot-whore" mentality you're trying to satisfy which won't work because if that's the incentive, it's not a good one

Explain why having this mentality in a looter game is invalid or bad or...whatever?

41 minutes ago, sinnae said:

Explain why having this mentality in a looter game is invalid or bad or...whatever?

I've seen this mentality all over this forum, and the results of this mentality are only negative from "content drought" to "MR fodder" where they only chase the best one and bring the rest to hydron for exp leech then complain there's no content

Kind of rare for me to go to Hydron nowadays, unless there is a fissure there. Kind of odd to imply a "looter-whore" mentality since my sugestion are about increasing variety by diversifying content that is rarely used. In that sense Nightwave tasks, is a step in the right direction and a good substitute from the ancient alert system. 

Edited by brenofnd

Considering this is a looter shooter game the most common incentive is loot. 

And by the very fact of it being a game, the next incentive should be to have fun. 

If it is fun and gives good loot then there will be greater incentives to play. 

I believe Steve mentioned this in the last devstream about intrinsic and extrinsic rewards, 

For players that have done it all and can clear most missions on zombie mode the intrinsic rewards (or fun) is low, and it is usually the tangible rewards that keep them going (this is kinda tied in with how power creep has made most of the star chart far too easy, I can pick any of my weapons or frames and clear the level without using any warframe ability in most cases. 

Kuva, relics, event specific resources or sorties with a chance at rivens, is pretty much the only reason I run most of the missions nowadays as other options just lack both fun and rewards that I find useful. 

If each mission gave some temporary buff for about half an hour or so (outside the mission) I would be more inclined to play different types of game modes. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l