Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Default Mouse Sensitivity Should Be Lower

Witchydragon

I came back to Warframe after a bit of a break and, oddly, the sensitivity reverted to default. On my 400 DPI mouse (most people have 800-1200 DPI mice, i.e. higher sensitivity), sensitivity set at 50 was absurdly high. After playing a bit, with a nice gaming mouse and a smooth framerate I could somewhat get used to the sensitivity, but it was hard to control, and I found the view was jumping around so quickly that I was getting disoriented quite often, even when only moving my mouse a few fractions of an inch. 

I have a suspicion that this is a significant reason why a lot of people complain about getting motion sickness in this game. The absurdly high default sensitivity, paired with sub-par/wireless mice and less stable framerates, and a relatively high likelihood that a new player doesn't think to change the sensitivity since it may be their first shooter game, seem like a recipe for unnecessary motion sickness.

The default mouse sensitivity should be lowered to something like 5 or 10. Lower mouse sensitivity alleviates the problem of your view stuttering/jumping around (caused by bad mice and unstable framerates) by making the view jumps smaller and less disorienting. It's not like high default mouse sensitivity contributes anything to player experience; people who are used to high sensitivities can change them, but new players probably aren't used to sensitivity that high, or any kind of mouse sensitivity at all.

i think it's more due to HUD Motion, IMO. the few people i've encountered that expressed getting motion sick whenever playing Warframe found disabling that helped a lot since then the HUD serves as a reference point for their brain, something static to anchor on.

but ofcourse, this could contribute as well.
though either way people not clicking options as the first thing they do when they start a new game is also a major contribution to a wide array of problems in Video Games. but i digress.

i have mine all the way down to zero. i depend on my mouse software for DPI settings. also i go into widows settings and lower the mouse sensitivity also and still whenever they do a hotfix, 7 times out of ten i'll have to readjust things again. basically i've learned to live with it.

• Like 1

Yeah, unless you have the ability to custom reduce the DPI of your mouse, the only answer for a high quality mouse is to set the sensitivity to 0.

And even then with mine I still spin around ridiculously fast.

In some circumstances I do appreciate it, but in others? I don't have the steadiest hands when I'm fully into a game and it picks up every single jiggle, even if I'm just shifting position of my hand on the mouse itself.

8 hours ago, George_PPS said:

Your sure? I am using 2400 DPI with a Logitech gaming house. It works great for speedy missions. 

Very, very sure.

Most shooters have the ability to tone down your sensitivity until you can key a full 360 to almost the width of your mouse mat, which makes for steady aim and large deliberate movements. On Doom, for example, which is a very fast paced game where you need to be able to turn in all directions very fast, the sensitivity settings can still be toned down until I can keep my settings on 2560dpi and easily control movement or steadily aim in a direction.

Warframe, even on 0 sensitivity, it takes only about two to three inches of movement to 360, and even while aiming, which has 50% of that, you still spin around like a top very, very easily.

Edited by Birdframe_Prime