Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to beat Jupiter Junction

(NSW)BlorgunVorgun

Question

No matter what I do, I cant seem to beat Jupiter Junction with my lvl 30 volt and lvl 30 weapons, even when my braton has corrosive damage, i get melted immediately. I'm trying to get another warframe, but I need a material from Jupiter.

Update: Just beat it, cheesed it

Edited by (NSW)BlorgunVorgun
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, (NSW)BlorgunVorgun said:

No matter what I do, I cant seem to beat Jupiter Junction with my lvl 30 volt and lvl 30 weapons, even when my braton has corrosive damage, i get melted immediately. I'm trying to get another warframe, but I need a material from Jupiter.

Try a different gun. I think used Kohm for all but one junction specter (there I used Excalibur's 4). Kohm melted most specters.

Kohm's blueprint is available for credits from the market, though you will need to farm for 2 argon crystals if memory serves me right.

40 minutes ago, (NSW)CthulhuAzathoth said:

Did DE change it recently? For junction,you start with your regular set up. Some MR test start you on limited energy. You can counter that by removing mod you don't need.

removing mods is not the reflex you got when you keep being killed. On the contrary you start upgrading vitality, add shield and armor and/or energy + efficiency till you cap your mod capacity. 

Not sure how the Volt from old alert system time (from the 10mn video posted higher) had the regen we can see, but that's not the rate I got with energy siphon. And even then he can use his skills at will and it still takes forever. Volt is kinda lame for the junction specters.  If you start without energy refill equipped in your gear, you still need to have a weapon strong enough to kill Valkyr over 3 shield casts or melee slam chain stun her. 

So yes useful info for OP and others with the same questions to try out different tactics: free mod capacity on your frame = more energy when you start a mission (that's how Mag can cast magnetize several time in Katinka's linked video). 
Auras add to mod capacity btw, you can buy one from Nightwave (with a fitting polarity for your frame you'll get more points)

8 hours ago, (XB1)D3monicDisast3r said:

You can get taxi'd to Jupiter if u need to also for the material. My usual recommendation for a low MR player is to build the Hek as it an absolute beast of a weapon for lower content 

I see a lot of people say this, but how is 4 shots and a 47 second reload gonna help a new player? Unless new players are gonna mod the heck out of a shotgun at mr5 or whatever, I found it wasn't worth it. I had better luck with an assault rifle and melee, but obvs experience may vary

On 2019-08-25 at 10:22 PM, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

Lol the Junctions are easy. Get a good sniper or bow. I use the dread. If dread which i reccomend, load it up with crit chance mods and viral damage, just search up the build. One hit every junction for me. If you really die too quick I'd reccomend frost because you can use his snow globe and the specter just sit shooting at the globe, to dumb to go inside, meanwhile you shoot them and they die. Or use a good tanky warframe that can do damage reduction and have good armour.

If you cant do any of that, just mod your volt right and focus on surviving over dps, may take awhile if you arent that good/bad weapons. But no junction should be difficult. 

Unfortunately, I'm mastery locked from Dread

15 hours ago, (PSN)synyster44 said:

Radial Blind (Excalibur). She can't deflect your melee when she is blinded, I was also struggling with this fight, then I used Radial Blind and killed her in like 10 seconds 😒

It's a good idea to check post dates (and also read thoroughly), lest you necro stuff unnecessarily, TC beat the Junction ~3 years ago :P

Also, recommending Excalibur when someone doesn't have that Frame, and explicitly states that this Junction
is standing in the way of getting the resources to craft new Frames ... that's of questionable helpfulness, TBH.

That said, welcome to the forums, don't let your desire to help others be tarnished by this old piece of skoom.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

It's a good idea to check post dates (and also read thoroughly), lest you necro stuff unnecessarily, TC beat the Junction ~3 years ago :P

Also, recommending Excalibur when someone doesn't have that Frame, and explicitly states that this Junction
is standing in the way of getting the resources to craft new Frames ... that's of questionable helpfulness, TBH.

That said, welcome to the forums, don't let your desire to help others be tarnished by this old piece of skoom.

I knew going in that it was uploaded years ago. I was commenting for anyone still struggling with Jupiter now who may have happened across this post. As with myself, I couldn't find a reliable answer anywhere. I didn't have blueprints for a sniper, or even the materials to build one even if I did, so I was at an impasse when I discovered this incredibly cheesy method. Also, isn't Excal the first frame everyone gets? I honestly don't remember if you get an option at the start.

Edit: also, you'd think Google would try to filter or sort its results by recent, so the fact I even found this on the first page of results is incredible lol

Edited by (PSN)synyster44
Additional info