Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Getting rid of trolling map features is long overdue

AzureFlash

What positive aspect have elevators ever brought to the game? Even when they were brand new, they were just a gimmick, a shiny interactive novelty that you experience once and then hope never to see again. Nowadays they're a constant source of strife. Nobody benefits from elevators, besides jerks (trolls) who activate it by themselves on purpose for a cheap laugh. You either have to wait for others, or you have to reactivate it, wait for it, and get delayed to such a degree that your participation in the mission is practically nullified. And that's not even counting the worse possible situation: getting the elevator door shut in your face, which is just about the worst rude insulting gesture possible between Tenno short of Limbo rifting someone who's almost done hacking a console... Or Limbo rifting you repeatedly after you've asked to stop, or Limbo banishing half the map when you're sniping... Limbo's another problem but I'm not allowed to talk about him anymore. So be it.

Please, I implore anyone at DE who might see this, bump this problem up the list. Just add a vent or some stairs next to the elevators that don't have one already. I'm so sick of having my playtime interrupted and spoiled by the annoyance of elevator bad manners. You might think this is trivial, but the frustration accumulates over time, and multiply that by the number of people playing... I don't know how expensive this peace of mind would be in development time, but I wouldn't be so quick to decide it's not worth it.

I would lump in so-called "Friendship Doors" as well, but it feels like they've been added with some kind of hidden intent, so I don't think there's any leeway there, though I can't even begin to imagine what purpose they might serve or what they might improve in the game.

Edited by AzureFlash
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, AzureFlash said:

Nobody benefits from elevators, besides jerks (trolls) who activate it by themselves on purpose for a cheap laugh.

I'd wager that not even these pitiful and brainless trolls benefit from it. Since they are just delaying themselves over nothing, when the whole team could be extracting, at the friendship door, or starting a battle that needs everyone present (I.e. Railjack, Regor or Jackal). In doing so they are shooting themselves in the foot as well by being these pathetic little creatures that seem to draw some kind of odd pleasure from what their small minded actions do.

I'd still keep the elevators, however. 

3 hours ago, AzureFlash said:

I would lump in so-called "Friendship Doors" as well, but it feels like they've been added with some kind of hidden intent, so I don't think there's any leeway there, though I can't even begin to imagine what purpose they might serve or what they might improve in the game.

Those doors make afk alt abuse harder and limit naruto runners a little bit

Elevators are a way to bind map tiles through stacking rather than sprawling (I can't believe I actually have the proper context to use this word), preventing procedural rendering and potential delays with loading textures and objects in. They are also a more immersive way of reaching an attached tile than placing stairs whenever there needs to be a floor above or below - the tiles already attach at the door hole. In addition to this, elevators also work as afk prevention.
As for Limbo, two solutions: 
- Exit rift once rifted
- Stop gambling with random squads and instead make one that suits your needs.

On 2019-08-27 at 10:57 PM, CxLL said:

- Stop gambling with random squads and instead make one that suits your needs.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Wanderkrowe said:

"Then play solo or with a pre-made group if you are so bothered by a couple minutes."
Yea, soloing would be great if it weren't so much less efficient and really? Do I seriously have to whip up a group every time I feel like opening random relics? Let's not joke now.

While the quote isn't entirely relevant due to the context I pulled it from, the gist of it is still there. It's an incredibly unrealistic expectation to try and get people dissatisfied with a feature to try and create a single private group for maybe one mission, over and over again, just to deal with a problem that doesn't need to be one.

Anyone trying to get a group to run one unimportant extermination is going to be waiting a long, long, LONG ass time while their ads get drowned out by more meaningful ads like kuva farming, relic shares, and tridolon caps.

----
On the topic of the OP:

I think of the issue differently. You see it as a hindrance (and believe me, it is), but it doesn't have to be. Do what I do and look at them from another perspective. I absolutely hate no-skill players bringing press-4-to-win frames like Mesa, Saryn, Volt, or Equinox, spamming 1 button and turning my missions into walking simulators. Know what I do about it? If I don't outright leave the mission, I obstruct. I zoom ahead of them and steal the elevator ride.

There's so many ways to let players know you don't approve of their bad behaviors in the game, you just need to look at it from being "this is a problem for me" to being "how can I make this a problem for them?"

Here's another thing to consider: DE tends to prioritize fixing issues if players abuse them to grief teammates. Look at what happened to Limbo and his bullet freezing silliness, or oldschool Loki spamming Switch Teleport. Abuse the elevators, make enough people cause enough of a stink, and maybe DE will do something about it.

Edited by Pizzarugi