Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trouble farming Gorgaricus Spores :(

Micaal

Question

15 answers to this question

Does it work when you shoot the pod itself?  Don't know who told you to shoot the stem - but I never do.

I could be wrong but I think pods take damage from the initial shot, and then from impact on the ground - so both would be ideal.

Also keep an eye out for the bubble pods on the ground, a bit less work for you.

Edited by (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z

vor 16 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Zuzu_with_a_Z:

Does it work when you shoot the pod itself?  Don't know who told you to shoot the stem - but I never do.

I could be wrong but I think pods take damage from the initial shot, and then from impact on the ground - so both would be ideal.

Also keep an eye out for the bubble pods on the ground, a bit less work for you.

I also tried shooting the pod itself its the same result.. And what do you mean bubble pods on the ground? Aren't these for a different recource? I always get Mythocardia Spore from these.

20 hours ago, ADiju said:

And what do you mean bubble pods on the ground? Aren't these for a different recource? I always get Mythocardia Spore from these.

You know what, you're absolutely right. 

It's hilarious that in all my time in Orb Vallis, I never noticed they were actually two different spores.  I always thought they were the same since they grew on the mushrooms.  Colour me dumbfounded.

I never had to try to farm this stuff before.   If your suffering from that bug and need those resources just find corpus bunkers and break the containers inside, they carry the common materials like that.  

Have you tried catching the pods?  maybe they would break open if they hit something thats not the ground lol.   Its been a minute but I think on ps4 the pods just explode and shower the loot onto the ground.  The pods dont fall and then hit the ground and explode...

4 hours ago, (PS4)ScionXB2gen said:

I just farmed 25 of these last night on PS4.  I shot them, they break away from the mushroom, fall and explode open when they hit what's below them. 

Same here on PC -- I just shoot them head-on (so not aim for the stem), and they do the same.

To verify, I took an unmodded Grakata for least damage per shot, and it took quite some shots at the stem to let it fall off.  And it then... bounced, like OP showed?!  However, once on the ground, I could shoot it open with quite a few shots from my (not so powerful) amp.

Letting another one fall off like that, my carrier's Looter mod also cracked it open when it came rolling past.

A third one I shot from my archwing at point blank, right in the sac (so not on the stem), with a max modded Pyrana Prime, and it also just bounced.  So it must be either new behavior, or I just happened to catch 'em with Carrier+Looter equipped all the time without noticing.

BTW: once a spore sac is on the ground, my pyrana prime only shows a bunch of "2" damage numbers, so it must have quite the armor, since I can one-shot higher level content with it just fine.  This way you do get to throw the ball around; maybe makes for a new in-game sport? 🙂

EDIT:

I just tried with my Tigris Prime, modded for 100% status 10000 slash, 23000 blast and 15500 corrosive, and while I can one-shot a dropship with it, it still only showed a bunch of "23" damage numbers on a fallen spore sack.  That did however one-shot the sack, though.

Edited by GrandLompus

Jumped on that thread like "oh what ? New NW episode ? Actual new infested unit (and not the demolisher that does nothing but charge at the objectiv) ? And they drop something new ? Awesome !"

Read thread

"Oh, that thing, forgot it even existed"

Open crates on vallis, it drops minerals, fish parts, and spores. I was always breaking the 2-3 left of the elevator, they even respawn so you can break em at the start of a bounty and they'll be back when you come back to extract. Did that from the start as I was leveling fortuna, never needed to farm any fish, mineral or spore (outside of NW) for anything.

Assuming vallis crates were not nerfed in the meantime.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb look:

@ADiju being that I helped you do this, you may wish to update/close the thread to further comments.

It @looks like you're right X) 

Since I can't close threads, I will just say that the problem is solved. 

My Clannie showed me that you can shoot them for longer, while they're on the ground and they will eventually get destroyed.