Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Recording Everything on Xbox

(XBOX)StylishShark2

43 minutes ago, (XB1)StylishShark2 said:

Just stop

This, yes. I don't need a video every time I level up a new weapon. I'm MR25: I have hundreds.

33 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

I think that's a console function. Not a default setting for Warframe. Or even a setting in Warframe

Nope, it's a setting in Warframe - on X1 you can record a video any time you want, but games can also make 30s recordings when certain things happen. Most use it for achievements or particularly tough challenges.

Warframe records a video every time you level up a weapon, frame, archwing, etc. It also seems to record every time you do more than some proportion of damage in a game (Saryn seems to get at least one every ESO).

X1 lets you toggle the feature on and off, so either all games can record or none can.

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

do other games on your Xbox, like, any of them, even have some sort of setting inside of their games as to control what the Xbox OS does

Yeah, some do.

Most don't, but don't need it. Your single playthrough game doesn't really suffer if it records a video of you maxing each of the 5-10 weapons in the 8-15hr duration.

Meanwhile Warframe triggers a video every time you max a weapon's level.

17 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

but games can also make 30s recordings when certain things happen. Most use it for achievements or particularly tough challenges.

13 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

Meanwhile Warframe triggers a video every time you max a weapon's level.

well that just sounds like a stupid feature, outright. ¯\(ツ)/¯

but alrighty.

26 minutes ago, (XB1)KayAitch said:

This, yes. I don't need a video every time I level up a new weapon. I'm MR25: I have hundreds.

Nope, it's a setting in Warframe - on X1 you can record a video any time you want, but games can also make 30s recordings when certain things happen. Most use it for achievements or particularly tough challenges.

Warframe records a video every time you level up a weapon, frame, archwing, etc. It also seems to record every time you do more than some proportion of damage in a game (Saryn seems to get at least one every ESO).

X1 lets you toggle the feature on and off, so either all games can record or none can.

I stand corrected. Thank you for the info.

It records when you level something to level 30, you kill stalker, sometimes when you use your 4 for the first time on login, when you certain Planet bosses. It gets really annoying cleaning up the videos, and I don't want to turn it off system wide because I like the feature itself.

Edited by (XB1)dude1286

Luckily, the current update for Xbox Insiders will alleviate the issue. It will now change the setting for turning off captures to have 3 options: Capture by Me, Captures by Me and Games, and Captures Off. This update is supposed to go public in October, so DE is off the hook on this one thanks to Microsoft.