Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Falling to sleep on defense missions

Jax_Cavalera

I get this may seem like a funny problem to have and yet defense missions are the only ones (no matter the time of day) that I fall to sleep at the keyboard.

It's a strange thing when the enemy you really fight is bordom. A recent sortie was super hard to win coz of this.. had to keep splashing cold water in my face to get across the line ftw.

Back in the day defence was full of action as a constant stream of mobs charged you.. now it's a handful at a time wander over with long boring gaps in between so a single wave takes (what feels like) forever to get through and i end up getting too relaxed and just sleep lol then i wake up as the next bunch of mobs happen to have killed me or something lol

Please just send a full wave in one go don't parcel them out it is literally boring me to sleep

• Like 4

Yeah I've done that

Typically if its a wide open defense map; like that grineer cave one with the power generator in the middle; where there's no cover or obstacles, just an endless stream of grineer marching straight at you from the corners

the gameplay consists of continously running in a circle casting Saryn Spores or holding down fire trigger; have occasionally dozed off

somehow kept repeating the button combos more or less even while eyes closed tho... I'd snap awake and realize I'd still been playing subconsciously

kinda pathetic gameplay if it boils down to just repeating the same motions over and over with no need to react to anything the npcs are doing..

Remember Halo? to kill a Jackal you had to first shoot his hand to make him flinch and drop his shield, then snap a headshot before he recovers?

Or the Hunters; where you had to actively dodge their charge till you could flank them and get a shot in the sweet spot on their back...

that game's what? 20years old now? such engaging enemies... dealing with each one is like a minigame, no stormtrooper duck shoot gallery there.... kinda sad how Warframe enemies are so un-engaging. Seems all DE knows how to make enemies 'interesting' is to make them immune to abilites... bleh

Edited by (PS4)haphazardlynamed

1 hour ago, Jax_Cavalera said:

I get this may seem like a funny problem to have and yet defense missions are the only ones (no matter the time of day) that I fall to sleep at the keyboard.

It's a strange thing when the enemy you really fight is bordom. A recent sortie was super hard to win coz of this.. had to keep splashing cold water in my face to get across the line ftw.

Back in the day defence was full of action as a constant stream of mobs charged you.. now it's a handful at a time wander over with long boring gaps in between so a single wave takes (what feels like) forever to get through and i end up getting too relaxed and just sleep lol then i wake up as the next bunch of mobs happen to have killed me or something lol

Please just send a full wave in one go don't parcel them out it is literally boring me to sleep

i already did a post regarding this and the community hasnt voted on the changes

5 hours ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

Rushing to MR27 in Hydron was a snoozefest to me.

Yeah I can't do it hey, I gotta SO/ESO for that coz otherwise i'd keep losing affinity when i get downed sleeping. I have had a few auto-pilot moments as well where i'll wake up and i'm running into a wall still casting abilities, still alive, defense objective untouched.. but it's rare and depends on the frame. Most of the time it's just around that 6th wave in that I start to get snoozie 🤪

I actually enjoy defense, like, 70% of the time.  About 15% is just a random squad make-up that doesn't work for me. The last 15% are issues with mob spawns or ai glitches that cause the action to hang up.  It would be worse than that, but there are 3 or 4 maps where it's particularly bad that I just avoid as much as I can.

Anyway, there's definitely room for improvement in the mode.

The main problem for me is just that it takes too long for things to progress and to get a reward.

Warframe is supposed to be a fast game, so just drop the whole "only one reward per 5 waves" junk.
1 reward per one wave, and enemies get stronger per wave much faster too (basically just cut out every 4 rounds, faster rewards, but enemies get stronger a lot faster too)

no more double round times for Arbitrations and the like, no two rounds of interception for specific mission types.

If every mission is going to take over 30 minutes for JUST a 3% drop chance of the thing I want, then I might as well quit the game before this truly becomes the endgame.

I don't have the time nor patience for that kind of stuff.

As a good example, look at the PoE bounties.
At the very start you had to succeed ALL missions before getting just 1 reward.

They changed it to getting 1 reward for 1 mission, what makes a lot more sense, and gives a lot more reason for you to actually play that mission type.

Edited by JefTheReaper

Only places defense was bearable was the old Io map (new one is horrible) and maybe Hydron and only with room clear frames.

Mobs take too long to appear and they don't even seem that interested in the defense target, have to run around killing them if you want the mission to progress. Wish the whole 5 wave BS would go away and we just got a simple timer for how long mobs keep spawning per round.