Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Over level frames past 30 idea

Xeraphas

So I was messing around in my google drive and found this little thing I wrote up years ago as a concept for over leveling a frame. I just figured I would throw this here for a fun idea thread.

1.When you first start progressing past level 30 you will need to have used a catalyst as well as an exilus adapter and additionally you will have had to polarize every slot on a warframe and inherent polarity will count (ex. your frame starts with a "v" slot that counts as a polarized slot). 

2. When you have finished upgrading your frame you can reset the whole frame (you will not get inherent polarity on the frame after reset) which will give you an additional mod slot and raise your level cap. You will be able to reset 3 times to raise your level cap and it will be increased to 50/75/100 on each reset. Each level you reach that is over frame level 30 will grant +5 health & shields and   +1 armor & energy. You also would gain +1 additional mod capacity per 10 levels (this doesn't seem like enough for most mods now to fill 4 more slots and could be increased but the idea isn't to become super overpowered, you could use more cheaper mods in a build or one more expensive mod it would be cool to see what happens).

Total bonus stats from leveling from 30-100 would be +350 health & shields, +70 energy & armor, +7 mod capacity, and +4 mod slots.

3. After getting to level 100 with a frame and again using a catalyst, exilus, and polarizing all slots you could reset again losing all the previous bonuses and reducing your level cap back to 30 but gaining a +1 to your frame. When your frame gets a +1 enhancement it increases BASE stats by 20% permanently. The big difference is since this is base stats mod multipliers would apply to it unlike the level 30-100 bonuses. I think it would be cool if this went up to +5 which would be doubling a frame's base stats at that point. 

The whole point of this is to have something even more at the end of the game allowing people to progress into places with enemies that have levels 200+. Even if you do think its strong just remember you will need at least 3 reactors, 3 exilus, and up to 27 forma just to get a frame to lvl 100. If you wanted to get to +5 it would cost you 20 reactors, 20 exilus, and up to 180 forma. It seems like a silly idea in a lot of ways but you definitely pay the price to max it. I think if this ever did happen the +1/2/3/4/5 to frames should save permanently so even if you delete the frame if you remade it it would still have the frame enhancement or make it so it would give you a warframe slot free and make it so you can't sell it after getting to at least +1. The reason I think the frame +1 bonuses should be preserved is honestly just to protect simple mistakes but also prevent a hacked account from having an extreme amount of work being destroyed.

What do you think? What would you do different?

That sounds horrible! I mean just drag a cheese grader down my butt cheek why don't ya? This idea might sound fun to you but, you can bet almost no one will agree.

I've seen a topic just like this one not more than 3 months ago and it was a big fat NO from the entire community.

This is a very impractical idea in all honesty. There's almost no one in their right frame of mind that would ever consider doing this, and in turn, it would be a very unused feature. Making it a useless idea. And think, I'd rather have a cheese grader drug down my butt cheek than level a single frame to be what sounds like from 105 to 110 times just for this + marker on a frame.
Think of the actual costs to buy all these forma, or the time of your life it costs to farm that many forma for a really useless feature.