Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion on keeping focus and eidolon hunting relevant in end game.

(PSN)Black-Cat-Jinx

Sure eidlons drop these little not quite mod artifacts......... And... I can't remember their name atm. Yes those are a reason to keep hunting them after you've maxed every school and ground off your 177 capaity so you can equip ALL the things....

Buuut unless they are planning on adding more stuff to the focus school, as of now, focus affinity is just going to waste past that. Some of you probably have dozens and dozens of radiant shards and brilliant shards that are just sitting in your inventory gathering dust....

So this is a solution to keep the grind relevant to keep daily affinity grinds or eidolon shards... while also addressing another problem. Idling for affinity. 

As it stands people are loading into missions, especially ESO, to quickly level weapons or other gear without having to put any effort into it. they just join a mission, stick their thumbs up their *** and contribute nothing. Mostly because 1 they can do it without consequence and 2 they really don't enjoy the game enough to put any actual work into it.

So what I propose is that players, at least players who have completed their focus schools which is a long grind in it's self, be able to have an option unlock in the mod screen that will apply scrap focus to the weapon or frame. there is a fixed amount of affinity required to fully master a weapon so just channeling that focus as afinity into the weapon will allow players to level equipment without having to enter a mission at all, which prevents players from being negatively effected by one person equipping one piece of gear and idling through three rounds of ESO, contribuitng nothing, and then leaving when the mission isn't even half way through.

This maintains a reason for focus lenses and such to stay relevant, for people to still hunt their eidolon shards, and for people to stop idling in missions.

Just a thought.

At the very least letting you convert focus to ENDO for leveling and selling mastered primed mods would be nice (yes i know some of your are endo millionares and that would still be irreleant)

*arcane... I just remembered. 

Edited by (PS4)Black-Cat-Jinx
  • Like 3

who needs affinity that bad in endgame? And I'd personally rather do Arbitrations if I actually need endo, sooo... Maybe other people want to gain it slower?

edit: also you are waaay discounting the usefulness of arcanes. Are you actually at the "endgame" point at all?

Edited by SpicyDinosaur

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

who needs affinity that bad in endgame? And I'd personally rather do Arbitrations if I actually need endo, sooo... Maybe other people want to gain it slower?

edit: also you are waaay discounting the usefulness of arcanes. Are you actually at the "endgame" point at all?

There is no true end game of any game that acts as a live service. there will always be a "new endgame". 

This is to discuss maintaining there being a point or purpose to things such as focus lenses, or eidolon shards. I have a ton of arcanes. some of them are quite good, some are utter trash. They are useful. It would still be nice if eidolon shards were not a useless item once you've completed your focus schools. 

As for "who needs affinity that bad"  apparently a lot of people do because even now you'll see level 25 and 27 mr players sitting with their thumb up their ass quick leveling a piece of gear, being able to use your surplus focus for this purpose would be nice because it means you can build up a surplus in your every day tasks and then when you decide you want to play with a different weapon, you can just build it and use your surplus focus to level it instead of wasting other players time by afking in missions which detrimentally effects other players. 

Seeing as DE is not banning players for AFKing like most other games will, because it harms other players through your actions, they need to atleast have a mechanic to decrease the motivation to do it.

I'm MR 27, I have leveled all possible weapons. The only time I need to level anything is when a new warframe/gun/melee/sentinel/beast is introduced. This is true for most "endgamers" you can scroll back up and see that you referenced it yourself.

I also have all the arcanes, and some are very situational or have only recently become good for some frames. It's not particularly easy to get all the platinum ones but I ground that out and fighting eidolons is a rather constant piece of content if you want to sell arcanes,

I max primed mods with the endo I get from arbitrations, I currently have one of everything maxed (well a few mods and conclave stuff aside.).

My focus treas are also maxed.

I'm not entirely sure what you are suggesting as an alternative to the current content, The eidolons don't need revamping. It would just be nice really if kuva were easier to get than the current issue. But you wouldn't tack that on to arcanes, shards, etc. That loot is enough already.

15 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I'm MR 27, I have leveled all possible weapons. The only time I need to level anything is when a new warframe/gun/melee/sentinel/beast is introduced. This is true for most "endgamers" you can scroll back up and see that you referenced it yourself.

I also have all the arcanes, and some are very situational or have only recently become good for some frames. It's not particularly easy to get all the platinum ones but I ground that out and fighting eidolons is a rather constant piece of content if you want to sell arcanes,

I max primed mods with the endo I get from arbitrations, I currently have one of everything maxed (well a few mods and conclave stuff aside.).

My focus treas are also maxed.

I'm not entirely sure what you are suggesting as an alternative to the current content, The eidolons don't need revamping. It would just be nice really if kuva were easier to get than the current issue. But you wouldn't tack that on to arcanes, shards, etc. That loot is enough already.

That's a heck of an ego you have but none of that is relevant to the conversation and since you're either missing the point or deliberately trying to derail the topic, I'm going to let you go on that one. 

4 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Difference between discounting arcanes and basically being partially correct on what arcanes have become.

Most Arcanes are just situational bonus cheese when only really 3 arcanes matter in general use:

• Arcane Energize: Because infinite free energy in any content that requires you to kill lots of enemies anyway to proc that juicy bonus energy off all the orbs falling off of corpses is very nice.
  • Arcane Grace: Aka when your frame is able to damage mitigate so strongly (Aka slap Adaptation on almost anything), then you just massively upped your survivability by near-constantly getting a chunky health regen that will likely not stop proccing if you got stuff constantly shooting at you. Especially when the frame has the armor to where it does not need the third arcane.
  • Arcane Guardian: Aka the fragile frame`s excuse to not be so fragile, having the ability to jump from a 10~20% damage reduction up to 65%~70% reduction at a 20% chance that lasts 20 seconds and can continuously re-proc, just like Grace. Is pretty much the wet dream of any fragile frame to live thru anything that is not going to effectively oneshot them in less then a few seconds. Because once Guardian is up, your E-health just metaphorically went to a 4/20 convention. 

Sure there are arcanes like Velocity, Avenger, Momentum, etc. but most are situational where you need to buff the capability of a weapon or you do not really need to care about the 3 arcane above, mainly because your using something like Inaros and you rather enjoy easier over-crit memes or firing twin grakata at even more ludicrious speeds then usual.

Barrier & Aegis basically being Hildryn`s versions of Grace/Guardian of course too, but thats only for one specific frame. Never the less, outside of very VERY specific niche ones, most arcanes are useless and pretty much kill alot of the reward of grinding those eidolons, where its just became loot-simulator at how fking easy it is for people to cheese 4 to 6 full sets of   tri-dolons that i really wish d.e. just rebalance eidolons to give better odds on good drops but restricted how many tri-dolons people can do every 3 hours, mostly so people stop focusing on speed clearing and more on trying other strategies such as using Wisp, Oberon, Octavia & so on in some more interesting setups to take them on then the usual Volt/Chroma/Harrow/Trinity perpetual meta that i would just adore if D.E. got rid of amp interaction with volt shields and actually let amps get a proper buff from focus investment, instead of it only being thru its special arcanes & gilding the amps.

P.S.: Arcane Nullifier is only really used with Eidolons as the oh-sheet button when you have lazy harrows or for hydrolyst mag-proc bomb avoidance assurance & similar status proc resistance arcanes likely only get to see the light of day when its that rare sortie modifier when enemies deal out ludicrious status proc effects as the modifier, otherwise they are ignored even more then the minimal damage/attack speed/etc. stat boosting arcanes which only serve as an extra bonus since they do not take up mod slots & you will likely use them when you do not own high-max rank guardian/energize/grace in most cases.

Edited by Avienas

My main gripes about Eidolon hunting is:

1- too "easy": they just walk aimlessly in 1 direction and none of their attacks are aimed directly at you. I know that's kind the point of them, but damn, everything is just so bland. The only real threat is the Hydrolyst and even so the only time you can actually die is when he is spamming his giant AOE hallowed-ground type of ability and that's it.

2- all 3 of them are the same enemy. They have some slight variations of their abilities, but most of it is just cosmetic difference. Not to mention how their appearance is literally the same. DE took the laziest route for this one and just made the Gantulyst and Hydrolyst a bigger version of the Teralyst with a different paint.

I still need to complete my Arcane Grace and Arcane Energize sets, but good lord I'm tired of repeating the same missions for the 100th time in this game.

2 hours ago, Avienas said:

Difference between discounting arcanes and basically being partially correct on what arcanes have become.

Most Arcanes are just situational bonus cheese when only really 3 arcanes matter in general use:

• Arcane Energize: Because infinite free energy in any content that requires you to kill lots of enemies anyway to proc that juicy bonus energy off all the orbs falling off of corpses is very nice.
  • Arcane Grace: Aka when your frame is able to damage mitigate so strongly (Aka slap Adaptation on almost anything), then you just massively upped your survivability by near-constantly getting a chunky health regen that will likely not stop proccing if you got stuff constantly shooting at you. Especially when the frame has the armor to where it does not need the third arcane.
  • Arcane Guardian: Aka the fragile frame`s excuse to not be so fragile, having the ability to jump from a 10~20% damage reduction up to 65%~70% reduction at a 20% chance that lasts 20 seconds and can continuously re-proc, just like Grace. Is pretty much the wet dream of any fragile frame to live thru anything that is not going to effectively oneshot them in less then a few seconds. Because once Guardian is up, your E-health just metaphorically went to a 4/20 convention. 

Sure there are arcanes like Velocity, Avenger, Momentum, etc. but most are situational where you need to buff the capability of a weapon or you do not really need to care about the 3 arcane above, mainly because your using something like Inaros and you rather enjoy easier over-crit memes or firing twin grakata at even more ludicrious speeds then usual.

Barrier & Aegis basically being Hildryn`s versions of Grace/Guardian of course too, but thats only for one specific frame. Never the less, outside of very VERY specific niche ones, most arcanes are useless and pretty much kill alot of the reward of grinding those eidolons, where its just became loot-simulator at how fking easy it is for people to cheese 4 to 6 full sets of   tri-dolons that i really wish d.e. just rebalance eidolons to give better odds on good drops but restricted how many tri-dolons people can do every 3 hours, mostly so people stop focusing on speed clearing and more on trying other strategies such as using Wisp, Oberon, Octavia & so on in some more interesting setups to take them on then the usual Volt/Chroma/Harrow/Trinity perpetual meta that i would just adore if D.E. got rid of amp interaction with volt shields and actually let amps get a proper buff from focus investment, instead of it only being thru its special arcanes & gilding the amps.

P.S.: Arcane Nullifier is only really used with Eidolons as the oh-sheet button when you have lazy harrows or for hydrolyst mag-proc bomb avoidance assurance & similar status proc resistance arcanes likely only get to see the light of day when its that rare sortie modifier when enemies deal out ludicrious status proc effects as the modifier, otherwise they are ignored even more then the minimal damage/attack speed/etc. stat boosting arcanes which only serve as an extra bonus since they do not take up mod slots & you will likely use them when you do not own high-max rank guardian/energize/grace in most cases.

you're just wrong about all these. I'm trying to figure out if it is worth correcting you. Do you really feel avenger is situational? Or that Hildryn's useful arcanes (which I would say are also useful to some degree on mag,) are worthless because they are used by one frame? Most of the arcanes are useful, things can be useful situationally and that still makes them... useful. You don't need to use the same tool for ALL the jobs.

Also, this doesn't nullify the other points or the fact that the vague reference to whatever as repurposed endgame is just...wrong

Edit: I use nullifier for the Profit-taker fight.

Edited by SpicyDinosaur

16 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Do you really feel avenger is situational?

• Because Avenger is only good on crit based weapons and if your using weapons that already one shot stuff by having 80~100%+ crit chance or being status based only weapons, why would you care about using an Arcane that requires you to get hit consistently to keep a additive crit bonus up?

Or that Hildryn's useful arcanes (which I would say are also useful to some degree on mag,) are worthless because they are used by one frame?

• Hildryn is honestly the only frame who can use shields in `actual gameplay content`. Before that was just Energy Vampire stacking Trinity because she buffs you into absurd over-shield tier. Not many other frames care about shields at all since they will constantly get knocked off in any sizable content. Basically not existing at all in content like profit taker since that thing can easily oneshot anything that is not stacked with so much armor, even if you had absurd shields as a non-hildryn, you will likely lose them easily between all the adds constantly spam shooting you, preventing shields to regen, not even counting enemies with slash procs, toxin procs, etc. procs.

Most of the arcanes are useful, things can be useful situationally and that still makes them... useful. You don't need to use the same tool for ALL the jobs.

• When everyone already stacks enough mods for range/duration/power strength in most frames that can blow up everything, most would not care about a 10~20% side increase of situational on weapons damage. Especially if those weapons can already achieve one-shot status on anything below level 50 without needing a riven with the right setup done on them. Rapid fire guns being a obvious difference and dealing with armored enemies being another obvious since they get such absurd armor values that give them likely a hundred to a thousand times more E-health then what thar actual health is.
  • Honestly this is why Guardian/Grace/Energize are such easy catch-alls since being able to not constantly getting downed, maximizing your survivability rate in a passive manner & let you constantly spam abilities that mass CC or melt a room of enemies is way more useful in hoarde mode massacre simulators and dealing with bosses that are above level 30~40 who might as well be shooting out 3k true damage explosives at how easy you can get killed by them, even when you were nowhere near where the projectile landed. Why increase your fire rate more when you likely already have vile aceleration on? Firing too fast can empty a clip way too fast and kill damage efficiency? Why add a minor amount of damage if you are already destroying everything soon as they pop up? Why add a smidgeon of extra raw damage/reach/reload speed to something when you sacrifice your ability to live long enough to use it long enough for it to make a difference?

Also, this doesn't nullify the other points or the fact that the vague reference to whatever as repurposed endgame is just...wrong

• Anything can be useful if not using it already gives nothing by not using. You are not getting the equivalency of what Final Fantasy 7 Materia does, where you lose some stats temporarily while you are equipped with materia to boost your magical capabilities. If you are already a immortal walking tank, then obviously you would not need guardian or grace. But in most cases you are not, so you want one of those if your name is not hildryn, so you are that near-immortal walking tank so you can spend more time blowing something up instead of constantly dropping health pancakes or using magus repair in operator mode to heal your warframe back up almost every 10 seconds. People want what lets them work the most effective in content where you are focused on taking something down and it can wipe you off the map if you are stacking nothing but damage, just by being near it.

Edit: I use nullifier for the Profit-taker fight.

Profit taker is basically on the same level of Eidolons, just its easier to reach on preparation compared to what is needed to prepare for effective eidolon runs, but the main issue is the adds, not the boss itself. This is why exploiter orb is alot more bearable because you do not need to be a hyper tank to survive the hundreds to thousands of bullets getting shot at you by dozens of adds litering the field that respawn half a second later after you kill something. Though you actually have the room to cram something like Rolling Guard onto your bench and you do cant strip its armor (or even need to really) so you can use things like speed holster & vigorous swap so your constantly weapon swapping faster to bust its revolving door of a damage shield alot swifter.

Try going into profit taker with no survivability mods/arcane and prove you can solo it without getting downed one and i mean using a frame with no tanking capability like vauban. You will likely burn thru all your lives before you take him down. Even if you do manage to do something like that, you will just be doing a try-hard that likely too much longer because you had to focus less on damaging the thing and more on trying to stay alive.

Never the less, arcanes are basically a optional system that originally were much harder to obtain, had signficantly weaker effects and were only really a daily farm-able, likely with plenty of `end game players` who did not have them originally due to how expensive they were back then and how restrictive it was to get them. Now that its absurdly easy to get them, not many people have excuses to pursue said arcanes at how much of a advantage they bring, with some barely giving any useful improvements since they have a chance of not working or akward proc requirements for a not so useful buff. Hence why `getting hit` arcanes are the most preferred as a passive useful ones, following by `on crit proc, on reload, etc.`.

Edited by Avienas

Ah one question: if someone is too lazy to actually play the game during an ESO run to get a weapon or Warframe to Max rank, what makes you think that same person has put in enough effort to getting anywhere near maxing every focus school which takes hundreds of tridolon runs or thousands of terralyst runs?

This is a bad solution to an imaginary problem targeted at a group of players that doesn't exist. 

The better solution would be to just put an AFK monitoring system in place that will detect if a player is AFK based on their activity percentage and give them a temporary "deserter" ban from public queues. Pretty standard practice. 

Edited by TheKazz91

I have a way to keep it relevant but it might be game breaking so lemme lay it down for ya... A universal focus tree you unlock for 100 million focus after you complete all the other schools. You could put any of the perks from any tree in it for the ultimate operator and it would be the pinnacle of operator power! If they ever did impliment this (Which they never would garunteed, but you can dream right XD) it would push people to focus farm after maxing and give a true benefit from doing so. Like I said though, it would never happen but one can hope that something similar might come to be...

Edited by (XB1)Zweimander

If this got implemented, it would probably only apply to gear that the player already has the mastery for. This will mean it will only be usable when formaing gear. Even then, DE will find a way to make it not worthwhile, like make each affinity point worth 10 focus points.

I wouldn't mind if we could trade some of the spoils from Eidolons to get their arcanes from Onkko. Would help alleviate bad RNG with the stuff that long time hunters won't care about any more. Since you still need to run Eidolons, and if they make the resources to trade at a high enough price, it shouldn't hurt arcane sellers.