Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Can we have Interception for Conclave?

NoSpax

The Interception gamemode is predestined for a PvP gamemode. Just reduce the nodes to 2 or 3 and have players be on Sun or Moon, trying to take over all of the nodes.

The usual rules of Interception take effect, but with one catch: Ownership decays slowly. Time limit can be set to 5, 10, 15 mins.

Win Conditions:

• Both Points are kept by the same team for (Timelimit / 3) Minutes straight.
  • Both Points are owned by the same team when the timelimit of the match runs out.

Lose Conditions:

• Your team doesn't own all nodes when the timelimit runs out.
  • You fail to own at least one node before the secondary timelimit runs out.

Draw Conditions:

• All nodes are owned by different teams
  • No nodes are owned (neutral) by any team.

If the time runs out when both nodes are uneven or neutral, the game gives 2 Minutes overtime. If the nodes still are uneven, it counts as a draw.

Call that mode "Domination", 4 vs 4, have fun. Add another set of 2 Nodes, make it 8 vs 8.

Edited by NoSpax
Fixed to "Interception"

• 2 weeks later...

I think that would be nice, but concider something more like King of the Hill mode, where you got only one point to capture that last for few minutes and then changes location. IMO having more than one objective like in Interception would stretch teams through whole map so it would be highly unlikely to get some bigger team fight. What do you think?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rubiickk said:

I think that would be nice, but concider something more like King of the Hill mode, where you got only one point to capture that last for few minutes and then changes location. IMO having more than one objective like in Interception would stretch teams through whole map so it would be highly unlikely to get some bigger team fight. What do you think?

I liked that mode in Halo so I'm down for that.

• Like 1

No need for decaying ownership. Just using 3 points ensures that one team will come out with a higher score. And an easier win/lose system would just be the current interception with a time limit: each capture point gives x points per second, first team to y points wins, if neither reach it in z minutes the team with the most points wins.

A lot of other games use this system in PvP, and it works well.

The Counter Strike/R6 Siege idea would also be cool.

• 2 weeks later...