The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I need help with The mods

yaAntus

Question

I am a new player and i am on need of help i do not know how do i upgrade mods that Are better than common IT won't let me do it i can but The rarer mods on My weapons but i cant upgrade them. Please help

Edited by yaAntus

4 answers to this question

(codex)                             (market)

(foundry)                         (mod segment)

(robotic companion)         (animal companion)

(arsenal)

above is the simple layout of the inside of your ship
from the mod segment you find the mod you wish to upgrade not mods but the mod as you can only upgrade 1 mod at a time.
once you find the mod click on it an click fusion which will let you enfuse endo into the mod to rank it up. 
the little dots on the mod are the levels
latest?cb=20190204073817

above is what a fully ranked mod looks like as all the little dots are light up.
every mod has a limit of how many levels it can be upgraded into. some are 3, 5 an 10.

once a mod reaches its its max level you cant upgrade it.

mods have rarity of 
bronze
silver
gold
platinum
purple

platium rank mods are primed with 2 other kinds which are umbral an sarafical they look like image below
latest?cb=20171007153729

as you might ask why cant you make your flow like this one as its prime an a differnt kind of flow mod
latest?cb=20171007150510
this is a standard flow mod.

purple is riven mods which are randomized mods for only 1 weapon
latest?cb=20161113054958

There's also an info about potatoes b/c you will hit the Capacity max sooner if you upgrade Mods

How to upgrade Mods

You can either go straight to your Mod Segment in your Orbiter or select the Button "Mods" in the bottom right corner of your Upgrade Screen.
In the following screenshot I marked 2 important things. In the upper right section is your current amount of Endo and in the left middle section is the option to Upgrade your Mods. You select one Mod only (like shown) and click on "Fusion".
mods6.jpg

In the next screen you click + as often as you want to upgrade your Mod. Keep in mind: the higher you want to upgrade the more Endo and Credits you have to pay and the higher the Drain will be. You can see I don't have the necessary Endo and credits to get my Hornet Strike to Rank 7, which would bump the damage increase from 80% to 160% damage but raises the Drain from 7 capacity to 11.
mods7.jpg

Handle your Capacity

Your Capacity correlates to your equipments' Rank. A Rank 17 equip offers you 17 points to spend into Mods. After you have maxed out your equipment you still only have 30 Capacity for use. That is clearly not enough if one Mod drains up to 16 Capacity. You have 2 methods to further increase it. The "easier" way is by using an Orokin Reactor/Catalyst (also known as yellow/blue Potato). They cost 20p each or rarely come with Alerts/Invasions and straight doubles your Capacity - your Rank 17 equip now has 34 Capacity and a maxed one 60! It also doesn't matter when you install it, it is permanent.