Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Minor Forma cheap blueprint

Frendh

I would like to see a Minor Forma that can only change polarities that already exist, but _not_ add new polarities.  The blueprint would use 1 forma and some cheap materials then it would give you 5 Minor Formas in return.

Edited by Frendh

13 minutes ago, Frendh said:

I would like to see a Minor Forma that can only change polarities that already exist, but _not_ add new polarities.  The blueprint would use 1 forma and some cheap materials then it would give you 5 Minor Formas in return.

Lets be honest, such a setup would make no sense and be insanely redundant, where you are treating a forma like the same as pure alcohol that gets dilluted to smaller amounts to have a larger quantity, which normally you dilute it because of how dangerous it can be.

D.E. does not need to be releasing these rather useless ideas since it not only kills a good deal of reason for people to buy forma bundles and what not, it does not really address how slightly frustrating it is to just add 3 to 5 forma to a loadout. Plus its usually only people who screwed up on how they arranged polarity when they need to replace existing polarity, with the exception to that rule usually being Aura Slot, Melee Stance slot & warframes with polarity on the exilus slot. Which is usually not that hard to do, 2 Vazarin, 2 Madurai, and 2 Naramon tends to cover most loadouts in practically every setup between all the corrupted and standard mods with special exceptions usually including those that make use of umbral mods or those that run rather ineffective builds like 2 or more augment mods.

It ultimately does not serve any useful purpose even as a minor Quality of Life improvement, since more then likely you end up having to spend 2 days making a forma then blending forma into small chunklets.

Edited by Avienas

Considering how many forma I'm sitting on (around 75 currently) I don't honestly see any reason for this.  Forma are really easy to get hold of and don't exactly cost much to build....the only 'annoyance' of forma is the 24 hour build time, but thats just a daily 'job' in the foundry.

15 minutes ago, Avienas said:

since more then likely you end up having to spend 2 days making a forma then blending forma into small chunklets.

Takes 24 hours for me to craft a forma. But for me and the players I regularly play with, 10 or so, we always have 10+ formas stacked up and ready. I build 5+ formas per week. So time is hardly an issue for these type of players.  How many these type of players are statistically, I have no idea. Personally I have 150+ formas (I haven't built the clan weapons) and I assume I am at the extreme end of the spectrum.  It still feels for me like a huge waste putting a forma into a slot you already spent a forma on.

And you do not have to do this very often, since 2 formas will give you 10 minor formas which will last a long while for me.

Edited by Frendh

30 minutes ago, Frendh said:

Better yet just make every forma add a polarity period. 

That way you get a benefit from every forma you add to your frame up to 5 per slot counting Umbra. It adds build potential and doesn't do anything to further Powercreep any more than we already have with the current system, 

Iterative multi-polarity forma system FTW, do it DE! 

1 minute ago, Frendh said:

It still feels for me like a huge waste putting a forma into a slot you already spent a forma on.

• So basically your saying its a waste to replace a slot with a different kind of slot, so you want D.E. to put a convoluted system in place when its so absurdly easy for one to hoarde forma it should not be an issue to begin with
1 minute ago, Frendh said:

And you do not have to do this very often, since 2 formas will give you 10 minor formas which will last a long while for me.

• Didnt you just say you already have 150 forma? Again your being rather silly to want D.E. to put a system that gives no REAL benefit outside of just making people be even more lazy to stock up on goods. Its a Looter game with high amounts of customization that is basically one of those games that are technically in a perpetual beta, for no true endgame exists at all. 
  • What D.E. should really be doing is putting resources into remaking the market chat system, redesign the mod bench system at how its been perma-mod lock on all setups for the most part, clean out the perpetual GARBAGE mods from the stockpile, rebuild how the relic system is handled and so many other things. Not implementing silly ideas like how people were in a up-roar about being able to Umbra-tize their other warframes but stuck on a rather stupid time limit, use a slightly annoying to farm resource and be more of a specter who cant use abilities then a actual umbra like Excalibur umbra is. 
  • Though honestly i like the idea of them putting small things out, like the playable shazwin, but i would like to believe when they waste time on things like these, its something that could be better spent bug-fixing and dealing with issues, such as how they fixed bows and now they are pretty dang powerful now as a result of it.

27 minutes ago, Avienas said:
  • Didnt you just say you already have 150 forma?

I also said I  have not built the clan weapons yet. In addition to other unmentioned clan items.

Also I believe there is a big difference in dev hours when you compare the "small thing" shawzin and a minor forma.  Minor forma you could simply resize and recolour the art and I bet they already have a framework for adding new blueprints.

And I assume the shawzin needed a new 3D model, animation work, soundwork.

Better yet just make every forma add a polarity period. 

That way you get a benefit from every forma you add to your frame up to 5 per slot counting Umbra. It adds build potential and doesn't do anything to further Powercreep any more than we already have with the current system, 

Iterative multi-polarity forma system FTW, do it DE!

I like this idea.

Edited by Frendh

3 hours ago, Frendh said:

I also said I  have not built the clan weapons yet. In addition to other unmentioned clan items.

Also I believe there is a big difference in dev hours when you compare the "small thing" shawzin and a minor forma.  Minor forma you could simply resize and recolour the art and I bet they already have a framework for adding new blueprints.

And I assume the shawzin needed a new 3D model, animation work, soundwork.

• It would also be absurdly easy for them to make it so you can sell relics and they give out traces, remove mods that have such horrid stats such as rifle aptitude (+15% status chance on a 9 polarity rifle mod uber ancient mod of bad designery dood), include a bonus affinity gain to X warframe/weapon based on how many forma have been added to it. Get rid of the stasis functionality on pets and make it the same setup as sentinels, stop making sentinel weapons have mod confliction issues by following the same code logic as with venari & companions, etc. With minimal coding needed to be done, well... They clearly have their hands tied on bigger projects if they cant do any of those despite being persistent things for easily years on most of them. 
3 hours ago, Frendh said:

I like this idea.

• Anyone would like the idea of stacking multiple polarity on the same mod slot, effectively allowing people to create the same gag as the Aura Forma on all slots while effectively negate the downside to them. Sadly it would just break the game more, further incentive-ie players to mass forma grind goods, give a huger excuse for this minor forma thing to exist.
  • Though if they just push these things out then warframe will just start negating the customization element further which is already a mess when most setups can be nutshell in the most simplistic of forms. People would just stack EVERY slot with all the polarities, able to constantly get the half bonus, especially worst if people can start using non-umbral forma for umbral slots, just outright letting them get whatever customization they want just by doing a no-life grind of about 40 forma into a warframe, most causal people i believe would only go up to 3 or even 5 at most, at least in my case.
  • HONESTLY, even if it was a sarcastic joke, it would just basically declare that D.E. should just outright remove polarity and just let people stack 8-10 cards into a deck where the total cost must not exceed the limit, just further simplifying the mod bench to a even lesser state then even the original version of warframe was like.

Just now, Avienas said:
  • Anyone would like the idea of stacking multiple polarity on the same mod slot, effectively allowing people to create the same gag as the Aura Forma on all slots while effectively negate the downside to them. Sadly it would just break the game more, further incentive-ie players to mass forma grind goods, give a huger excuse for this minor forma thing to exist.
  • Though if they just push these things out then warframe will just start negating the customization element further which is already a mess when most setups can be nutshell in the most simplistic of forms. People would just stack EVERY slot with all the polarities, able to constantly get the half bonus, especially worst if people can start using non-umbral forma for umbral slots, just outright letting them get whatever customization they want just by doing a no-life grind of about 40 forma into a warframe, most causal people i believe would only go up to 3 or even 5 at most, at least in my case.
  • HONESTLY, even if it was a sarcastic joke, it would just basically declare that D.E. should just outright remove polarity and just let people stack 8-10 cards into a deck where the total cost must not exceed the limit, just further simplifying the mod bench to a even lesser state then even the original version of warframe was like.

If the suggestion breaks the game, the game is already broken since we  have access to duplicate frames and weapons.  Virtually the same end result as multi-polarity.  The main difference is, multi-polarity would be much tidier.

I doubt DE would convert us whole sale to such a system though.  Instead I'd guess it's dispensed slowly as an incentive to mid- and end-game players to spend time or money.