Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People Who Got Banned For Fitting The Profile of RMT: Is There A Way To Prove Their Innocence?

VotumPrime

Well, if DE is really giving out perma bans without solid evidence, shame on them... But the fact is, we will never know. OP, maybe your friend really did something shady besides the giveaways, he just won't tell you. And support won't inform a third party. Or maybe your friend is innocent, but their plat was really used for RMT by the clan member who your friend have gifted the plat to, in which case your friend appeared to be helping out with the crime by supplying the plat. We won't ever know.

It may be late for him, but a living example to all who give away plat recently. According to the trading FAQ NekroArts quoted, it's safer to just gift items from the market to the person you want to help out.

6 hours ago, VotumPrime said:

Well I encouraged my clan member to keep trying everything he can until the bitter end but then he gave up. I can't really vouch for him or prove his innocence at all sadly but Warframe is a game that means a lot to him.

So this whole thread is basically to talk about a clan members ban?

5 hours ago, Carnage2K4 said:

The OP is talking about something much more substantial, I have a friend who has given out a few 1000 plat to ppl just for helping to smash out the planet map... He's never been flagged and I would not suspect him to be. RMT transactions would be in the 10s of thousands of plat at the least.

I'm not convinced RMT transactions would have to be that much.

7 minutes ago, TheGuyver said:

So this whole thread is basically to talk about a clan members ban?

Basically. And we're only getting one side of the story and not seeing any evidence one way or the other.