Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give us a maggot-spawning secondary

Ayures

Come on, the Zealot Proselytizer has that secondary that isn't playable. We have Nidus. We have the Strain set for Helminth Charger. Now we have Pathocyst.

I want to maximize the infested maggot gimmick for thematic shenanigans. Give me the Zealot Proselytizer's secondary and give it a special proc that results in enemies exploding into maggots or something. Just as long as it's more useful than our current infested-themed secondaries...

• Like 1

I'd also like an Infested Speargun.

It would actually be fun if throwing it would cause it to create a hive where a dozen of maggots will spawn and attack any enemy within range.

Unlike the other three that works better with more enemies within its radius, this one would also benefit if there are less enemies in its radius.
Making the maggots swarm over just one enemy.

I am really disappointed in Pathocyst as a weapon choice.   How could you use anything other than Lesion on Nidus??  If not that than Cerata...  We literally already had a infested glaive weapon....   

I have noticed DE sticking alot of cool stuff on weapons like tatsu's seeking damage element,  or Pathocyst's maggots.  I think they need to amp it up... give weapons another special mod slot and then instead of making a single weapon with a special mechanic they could just give us new mods that we can use to alter ANY weapon.  

For example I could add a maggot mod to my Lesion instead of having to use Pathocyst.   Or I could give the Lesion the ability to send out seeking damage.   etc.   

On 2019-10-03 at 8:34 PM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

I am really disappointed in Pathocyst as a weapon choice.   How could you use anything other than Lesion on Nidus??  If not that than Cerata...  We literally already had a infested glaive weapon....   

I have noticed DE sticking alot of cool stuff on weapons like tatsu's seeking damage element,  or Pathocyst's maggots.  I think they need to amp it up... give weapons another special mod slot and then instead of making a single weapon with a special mechanic they could just give us new mods that we can use to alter ANY weapon.  

For example I could add a maggot mod to my Lesion instead of having to use Pathocyst.   Or I could give the Lesion the ability to send out seeking damage.   etc.   

To be honest, I still just use a zaw and kitgun... A plague part zaw with a plague part kitgun would be amazing, but DE doesn't seem to want me to have the things i want. 🤣