Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alternate Skill Sets For Warframes

Trenggiling

Loki ultimate (T4):

Mirror Image

Loki replicates itself, and the clones are immediately attacking his enemies. The copies have similar look as the originating frame, just slightly transparent and flickering. Damage depends on the player primary weapon's physical damage only (no crits or elemental procs), at 30/40/50/60%. Number of the copies depending on mod level (1/2/4/8), power duration is 15/20/25/30 secs, costs 100 energy to cast.

Loki ultimate (T4):

Mirror Image

Loki replicates itself, and the clones are immediately attacking his enemies. The copies have similar look as the originating frame, just slightly transparent and flickering. Damage depends on the player primary weapon's physical damage only (no crits or elemental procs), at 30/40/50/60%. Number of the copies depending on mod level (1/2/4/8), power duration is 15/20/25/30 secs, costs 100 energy to cast.

That sound like a fun skill, but don't you think it would fit a time based frame instead? (repeatedly going back in time to aid your past selves.)

That sound like a fun skill, but don't you think it would fit a time based frame instead? (repeatedly going back in time to aid your past selves.)

That can be the other option, sure :) But I've based this on his T1 skill, which is a weakened version of these clones. 

I would prefer new Frames.

So instead giving ember an alternate skill mod,
make a male version (perhaps named Flamed) and this one gets slightly different skills. (perhaps with the old reduce damage skill, a fire cone that consumes mana as long as you press 1, .....)

And if the frame is a male version : make a female version.

This brings me to a new warframe idea : The Chaos frame. Gets 4 random skills for every match (skills could be all skills for any warframe)

Im not going to nitpick your suggestions, I take them as as just that. the overall point is that Prime should be better than ad different to regular. Maybe the same skills, but more powerful; maybe better default stats; maybe better or extra mod slots. I made a suggestion like this a long time ago, and I'm sure people made it before I did. Prime ANYTHING should mean more powerful, and special - distinct from the regular in more ways than just looks and being able to use the health columns in the void. Give us a reason to hunt down these primes, DE!

Prime Names (Primes SHOULD be based on regular - but entirely original beings):

Frost Prime = Glacier

Ember Prime = Inferno

Mag Prime = Force. Crunch

Excalibur Prime = Galahad

If there were other Primes...

Rhino = Titan

Nyx = Sylph

Banshee = Warbird

Loki = Pan

Oberon = Micheal

Saryn = Medusa

Ash = Musashi

Nova = GammaBurst, Phoenix

Trinity = Apollo, Chiron

Volt = Thunder

Valkyr = Berserker... lol or Odin

Edited by magusat999

Frost's T3 and T4 seem kinda lacking. I do like the T3 though, don't get me wrong. Just not sure I would take that over Snowglobe.

His T4 I just flat out don't like. Not really a fan of a frosty World on Fire, considering I think Frost's theme doesn't really revolve around moving around a lot while he's casting his spells (ice doesn't move around very well). I'll give it some thought, maybe throw down a basic idea or two, but keep up the good work and faith man. 

I really like this idea, and really gives more oomph to older frames without having to make new ones.

=====Frost=====

"He is cool and easy frame to make alts for I had fun with him."

===T1 North Wind===

(cost: ) 25.

(animation: ) shuriken.

(casting effect: ) a gust of wind with streaks of your EC bursts forth from your hand, traveling outwards and then dissipating.

(reusability: ) once the animation ends.

Create a gust of super frigid air in a wide cone that rushes 6/8/10/12 SWPR meters in front of you. Dealing 150/200/250/300 SWPS cold damage and knocking enemies back a great distance.

This skill pierces straight through your snow globe.

"Great for getting enemies out of, or away from, your snow globe."

===T2 Aurora===

(cost: ) 50.

(animation: ) absorb.

(casting effect: ) bright flash of EC light 'phase 2'.

(effect on enemies: ) the stun looks similar to that of radial blind.

(effect on allies: ) frost glows EC during casting 'phase 1'.

(effect on the terrain: ) a brilliant, multihued, aurora dances around frost during casting 'phase 1'.

During casting Frost is immune all harm, slows oncoming enemies by 20/30/40/50%, and regenerates his shield at a rate of 25/50/75/100 SWPS per second.

Once frost reaches max shields the effect ends in a 4/6/8/10 SWPR meter blast of light that stuns enemies for 1/1/2/2 SWPD seconds and deals 100/150/200/250 SWPS cold damage.

"If frost becomes overwhelmed he can use this skill to get back into fighting shape and put his enemies at a disadvantage.

The slow effect has a range of 3/5/7/9 SWPR meters."

===T3 Condensation===

(cost: ) 50

(animation: ) snow globe.

(effect on enemies: ) a chilly effect on your skin as long as they stay in the mist.

(effect on allies: ) a chilly effect on your skin as long as you stay in the mist.

(effect on the terrain: ) a thick low down fog that is slightly tinted your EC.

Create a thick 6/8/10/12 SWPR meter cloud of super frigid mist that lasts for 15/20/25/30 SWPD second, enemies that stand in the mist will move and attack 20/30/40/50% SWPS slower.

Frost will also run 4/6/8/10% faster, so long as he is standing in the mist.

The slow effects doesn't stack with itself, and is applied after other slow effects.

"It is SO HARD trying to replace snow globe but in certain situations, mist could be more useful... right?"

===T4 Ice Age===

(cost: ) 100.

(animation: ) snow globe.

(casting effect: ) a puff of slightly EC tinted snow bursts from the ground.

(effect on enemies: ) frozen in solid ice, with large EC tinted ice spires in them to distinguish them from normal frozen enemies.

(effect on allies: ) you are surrounded by a EC blizzard effect that is much like world on fire, only frosty.

(reusability: ) once all of the frozen enemies are either free or killed.

A drastic drop in temperature instantly freezes all enemies within a 10/15/20/25 SWPR meter radius.

This supernatural cold ice will only break after 900/1100/1300/1500 SWPS damage has been done to the effected enemy.

Effected enemies will also take 50 cold damage every second that they remain frozen.

Ice wave will instantly shatter the ice by dealing extra damage equal to the amount needed to free that target.

"Eventually all the enemies will be broken free because of the damage over time."

for the second ability would it not be better to have shards of ice that stun/puncture/freeze or an ice animation as the flash of light to me is not really his kind of style

4th ability will this be doing damage at the start like his current but have the after affect of freezing enemy's?

I like your thoughts on his 1st, 2nd and 4th but I don't like the 3rd as come on who doesn't like to be invincible in a snow globe (very hard to replace)

these are  some of my thoughts on skills

avalanche should change to ice wave but a radial wave of ice spikes which will freeze 100 per cent proc any targets left still alive with maybe a puncture status 25 per cent proc as its a wave of ice it punctures targets with spikes this would make the ultimate worth while as its has damage and a cc effect which ultimate's should have

freeze needs maybe like embers first ability hits a target any targets near that one will also be frozen like an aoe but relies on targets to be close to the main target and has does not undo freeze when damage is taken

2nd ability should now become an ability which gives the player a blizzard which knocks down targets and slows them kinda like embers third ability but no silly whole in the middle which does nothing

or

make it into a tank ability like rhino's but you become totally immobile cant shoot or move and after the effect ends it shatters shards of ice in a radial and knocks back enemy's with a puncture proc

• 2 weeks later...

I apologize for not reading it more often. I have it followed, and have found that the ideas posted have been very good. 

Sadly, a lot of it comes down to not reading as often as I would like...

EDIT:

Having now caught up on the work you have done, Trenggiling, I am still impressed with the creative takes you have made, and am liking the ideas still. Thanks for your hard work and willingness to put yourself out there. Maybe someday soon the devs will take these ideas and run with them.

Edited by halofury36

My only regret is that I have but one +1 to give. I really REALLY like the ideas. I didn't read them all yet but I really liked Excal and Loki abilities.

Ash being my favorite frame I paid extra attention to though. Ash's 1 sounds INCREDIBLY useful, though it should use his arm blades not the melee weapon IMO. I liked your idea for his 2, a less perfect yet longer invisibility.

I don't like the #3 though. Its low energy cost makes it useable but it doesn't add any real value. At the same time Teleport is so terrible I can't think of a skill that isn't flat out better. If I were king for a day this is what I would do. The current teleport would be a free target 15 energy teleport OR a free target 25 energy teleport with a 1 second 2 meter radius stun (to not get hit by what you just teleported to if its an enemy) It is now a great mobility skill that people would want to use. The ranges would stay what they are now. Then I would change the new #3 to a small throwable "Smoke Bomb" with a 5/7/9/10 Diameter and a 7/8/9/10 second duration that scales with appropriate mods. Enemies inside the globe can't see and wander around until they exit the globe or it dissipates. (I know this sounds a lot like the new 4 but bear with me.) Any ally in the globe is invisible due to lack of line of sight, not as a buff.

The new #4 is a really good idea and makes Ash an actual asset to any team but it gets rid of his biggest damage skill which I find quite useful (did you know carrier will still suck up items while your teleporting around? If the energy drops are kind you can cast Blade Storm back to back and get all the nice loot from very hostile locations!) The only change I propose is shrink the diameter of Dust Devil to 15 while increasing its duration to 15 or 20 seconds. (My reasoning is for a utility Ult it should last longer not be gigantic). Otherwise I think its a great ability with a lot of potential, as long as it doesn't make seeing the enemies hard due to visual effects. 

With these changes Ash can either sacrifice high mobility for decent team support or his biggest damage and most useful ability for an amazing team support ability. They don't fit Ash's loner style, but they don't hurt his ninja style either.

My only regret is that I have but one +1 to give. I really REALLY like the ideas. I didn't read them all yet but I really liked Excal and Loki abilities.

Ash being my favorite frame I paid extra attention to though.

Thank you for the complements :)

but even more important, thank you for your criticism I really do appreciate it a lot :D

Ash's 1 sounds INCREDIBLY useful, though it should use his arm blades not the melee weapon IMO.

Ash arm blades it is.

I liked your idea for his 2, a less perfect yet longer invisibility.

I'm glad you like it

I don't like the #3 though. Its low energy cost makes it useable but it doesn't add any real value. At the same time Teleport is so terrible I can't think of a skill that isn't flat out better. If I were king for a day this is what I would do. The current teleport would be a free target 15 energy teleport OR a free target 25 energy teleport with a 1 second 2 meter radius stun (to not get hit by what you just teleported to if its an enemy) It is now a great mobility skill that people would want to use. The ranges would stay what they are now. Then I would change the new #3 to a small throwable "Smoke Bomb" with a 5/7/9/10 Diameter and a 7/8/9/10 second duration that scales with appropriate mods. Enemies inside the globe can't see and wander around until they exit the globe or it dissipates. (I know this sounds a lot like the new 4 but bear with me.) Any ally in the globe is invisible due to lack of line of sight, not as a buff.

Well you need to remember that beckon is not a mobility tool.

Its purpose is to pick high priority targets out of the crowd so that you can destroy them quickly.

As for "it doesn't add any real value." I think that the ability to snipe a target out of crowd and stun it, so that you can safely murder them in a dark alleyway or something is highly valuable especially when it costs next to nothing but maybe that's just me.

The new #4 is a really good idea and makes Ash an actual asset to any team but it gets rid of his biggest damage skill which I find quite useful (did you know carrier will still suck up items while your teleporting around? If the energy drops are kind you can cast Blade Storm back to back and get all the nice loot from very hostile locations!) The only change I propose is shrink the diameter of Dust Devil to 15 while increasing its duration to 15 or 20 seconds. (My reasoning is for a utility Ult it should last longer not be gigantic). Otherwise I think its a great ability with a lot of potential, as long as it doesn't make seeing the enemies hard due to visual effects.

You have some valid points there, ty again for pointing them out to me.

The radius is now smaller but I am not going to extend the duration, in fact I might reduce it, my reason being that the buff/debuff is a extremely potent combo.

I mean, by blinding and deafening enemies that enter the storm you effectively create a safe zone where enemies can't do anything, you and your teammates are untargetable when in the storm, and you gain a buff to melee speed, admittedly that buff is rather small so I'm upping it to 50% at max and adding a damage buff.

Not to mention the fact that you get to run and fight without using stamina and instead use that massive stamina bar to block damage.

With these changes Ash can either sacrifice high mobility for decent team support or his biggest damage and most useful ability for an amazing team support ability. They don't fit Ash's loner style, but they don't hurt his ninja style either.

1: sacrifice ranged damage for melee damage,

2: sacrifice reliability for duration,

3: sacrifice mobility for assassination capabilities,

4: sacrifice straight out damage for a melee buff and a enemy debuff combo.

Maybe your right about not fitting a total loner style, but it does fit Ash's play style so that is what counts, at least in my, probably biased, opinion.

Thank you for the complements :)

but even more important, thank you for your criticism I really do appreciate it a lot :D

Ash arm blades it is.

I'm glad you like it

Well you need to remember that beckon is not a mobility tool.

Its purpose is to pick high priority targets out of the crowd so that you can destroy them quickly.

As for "it doesn't add any real value." I think that the ability to snipe a target out of crowd and stun it, so that you can safely murder them in a dark alleyway or something is highly valuable especially when it costs next to nothing but maybe that's just me.

You have some valid points there, ty again for pointing them out to me.

The radius is now smaller but I am not going to extend the duration, in fact I might reduce it, my reason being that the buff/debuff is a extremely potent combo.

I mean, by blinding and deafening enemies that enter the storm you effectively create a safe zone where enemies can't do anything, you and your teammates are untargetable when in the storm, and you gain a buff to melee speed, admittedly that buff is rather small so I'm upping it to 50% at max and adding a damage buff.

Not to mention the fact that you get to run and fight without using stamina and instead use that massive stamina bar to block damage.

1: sacrifice ranged damage for melee damage,

2: sacrifice reliability for duration,

3: sacrifice mobility for assassination capabilities,

4: sacrifice straight out damage for a melee buff and a enemy debuff combo.

Maybe your right about not fitting a total loner style, but it does fit Ash's play style so that is what counts, at least in my, probably biased, opinion.

Glad you like my suggestions and fair enough on the ones you didn't like. Having the uses of beckon pointed out to me made me realize it would be useful in a lot of situations for pulling tough enemies into a debuff zone or just getting them away from the group. Really hope ALL of the abilities in this thread see the light of development.

absolutly love this idea even if these mods were obtained a different way i wouldnt mind as long as they were obtainable, i just love the idea that frames wouldnt have to stick to 4 abilities with certain people completely avoiding some abilities because they simply dont suit their playstyle and dont have the desired effect. would encourage more people to be creative and warframes to be more unique instead of "you have 4 abilities, now go use them over, and over, and over, untill you get bored"

Okay I have officially run out of things to fix, tweak, add, change or remove.

Please help me.

Maybe you can move away a bit from the 4/frame restriction, and just add skills to frames wherever you like. :)x Edited by tmtke

• 2 weeks later...

I think they should offer alternative abilities for all frames. Being able to customize your own play-style is a part of this game after all and that change would help to make it even more possible. They'd have endless options on what they could make for each frame and maybe even sell them in a pack (you get randoms). It'd be great from a marketing stand point and possibly a way to "fix" the less useful frames. Having them drop in game would also encourage players to keep playing. It's a wonderful idea so I'm going to +1 

I REALLY like some of these ideas, and the basic gist of the concept overall.  I think that some of these skills would need to be "side grades" to their counterparts, rather than just straight upgrades.  

For example, I think one effective "side grade" technique is the "Beckon" ability by Ash.  It fits the character, it is better in certain situations, but also worse in others, and it isn't objectively worse or better than teleport.  On the other hand, I feel like excalibur's "Zeal" ability is disgustingly broken.  It doesn't fit the character, it has literally no disadvantages compared to radial blind, and it is objectively better than radial blind, and possibly all his other abilities.  

I think that these prime skills should be more more CC based or more damage based, sort of like how corrupted mods work, but they also need to have significant weaknesses to balance them out with their strengths.  You want an ability that starts to freeze enemies when they come in contact with it?  Fine, but it doesn't do damage.  In some ways, they need to be at face value worse than their alternate abilities, because if you focus them too much on CC, they become objectively better in every way.

Overall, good idea. 

I REALLY like some of these ideas, and the basic gist of the concept overall.

Ty :D

I think that some of these skills would need to be "side grades" to their counterparts, rather than just straight upgrades.  

For example, I think one effective "side grade" technique is the "Beckon" ability by Ash.  It fits the character, it is better in certain situations, but also worse in others, and it isn't objectively worse or better than teleport.

That is what I was going for, viable replacements that are on par with the old skills.

On the other hand, I feel like excalibur's "Zeal" ability is disgustingly broken.  It doesn't fit the character, it has literally no disadvantages compared to radial blind, and it is objectively better than radial blind, and possibly all his other abilities.

Have you ever used radial blind?

I mean its so freakin awsome! and I don't see how zeal is so OP.

I think that these prime skills should be more more CC based or more damage based, sort of like how corrupted mods work, but they also need to have significant weaknesses to balance them out with their strengths.

These are NOT corrupted mods and I don't want them to be.

I want them to be original alternatives, rather than just a slight tweak to the stats and basic mechanics of a preexisting skill.

"That stuff is for a later thread."

You want an ability that starts to freeze enemies when they come in contact with it?  Fine, but it doesn't do damage.  In some ways, they need to be at face value worse than their alternate abilities, because if you focus them too much on CC, they become objectively better in every way.

I don't get it... one minute you want a tradeoff and the next minute you are complaining about it.

Damage for crowd control, it sounds like a fair trade to me.

Overall, good idea.

Ty again!

Thank you for sharing your opinion!!!

Negativity is hard to come by these days, and that is a shame, because honestly it is very valuable!

Edited by Trenggiling

im all for 3 tiers of warframe ability mods, with every higher tier having higher mod capacity requirements (so a bigger reason to go mad with formas), with the final 3rd tier perhaps offering a slight variance or minor additional effect instead of just a stats boost.