Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

That Ember rework... I may start playing her

Jarriaga

8 hours ago, trst said:

Technically Accelerant is still in her kit entirely as her new Fire Blast. Accelerant gave a minor CC effect and increased fire damage, while her new Fireblast ragdolls enemies (stronger CC) and removes armor (a more practical damage boost than Accelerant). We also don't yet know what's happening to her augments yet and might just be strapped back on as they currently are.

Accelerant was her only "good" ability before, hopefully now her only bad ability will be Fireball. This is like the Wukong situation where his rework more than justified removing Defy when it was his only good ability.

couldn't you take her her accelerant augment and rename it and put it on the new fireblast? (i think that is the AOE fire shove) reworks make me wonder more about the augments since they seldom or not at all show those changes

• flash accelerant could be moved to fire blast as they do looks wise and use do the same thing sorta since they are saying with her new kits immolation and then spam abilities with 3 to manage heat that on fire blast would sync into flash accelerant's effect promote more casting of abilities and gives you more damage for managing your immolate meter
  • Fireball frenzy will probably not change and still stack with flash accelerant Fire damage buff 
  • Fire fright may be out right changed maybe make immolation light nearby people on fire if they get too close to the literal walking furnace women
  • firequake is also getting a change i'd assume since the new WOF has knock down at least what i see on the devstream baked in maybe some lingering fire on the ground to help spread the mayhem more

Granted i've never played ember i'll admit that but this rework has my interest this is just off my head thinking

8 hours ago, LordChronos said:

Please let ember be immune to fire damage or at least resist damage 

Elemental immunities have already been given a hard no by DE, and now that she'll have a better passive, letting her be immune is more useless than it was before.

9 hours ago, LordChronos said:

Please let ember be immune to fire damage or at least resist damage 

She was the only frame that got anything from being hit with her element; her power strength grew AND she regenerated power. And they took that from her with this kit rework, it seems.

Hek, the reason other elements effect anything that has that element is a look back at Fighting Games- what is thrown at you will effect you since it's not your chi power. Look at Sub Zero. Look at Hadokens. If someone hits you with a move you know, it effects you since it's not your energy doing it. This even comes into play with Friendly Fire. Imagine if Saryn had no Friendly....her team would be dead the first time she cast an ability. But since she is on that FF wavelength, if does not bother friendlies.

Gonna miss her Passive and Accelerant. She was fun with them.