Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

That Ember rework... I may start playing her

Jarriaga

That rework looks useful, powerful, and self-sustained. It also addresses enemy armor issues and defensive vs. offensive scaling.

Good job Scott! I don't play Ember, but what was shown got me highly interested as a melee player.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 15

7 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

I'm not particularly happy that Accelerant seems to be entirely gone.

Staying alive and armor stripping seems worth it to me. I don't play Ember, so what did the old Accelerant did?

Edited by Jarriaga

4 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Staying alive and armor stripping seems worth it to me. I don't play Ember, so what did the old Accelerant did?

Short stun, fire damage multiplier on enemies, cast speed bonus. Augment spread the cast speed to allies and gave allies and yourself fire damage / increased what you had.

Edit: Before that it was Overheat which was just an OP as Hek 90% DR and a damage aura that ignored armor.

Edited by BansheePrime

It's still WIP and we don't have the rework yet, but from what we've seen the devs are mirroring the two big suggestions I've posted about Ember for a long time. Consider stacking Heat procs to put them in line with other DoT Status procs; and flip Ember's passive to reward setting enemies on fire rather than herself. Beautiful!

Let's see how the rest of this works out.

• Like 3

Im going to be patient, but with how Gauss plays due to micromanaging, I'm not entirely sure about how Ember will play. Slapping on a damage reduction ability sounds like the last few Warframes we got, and I'm a little bummed Accelerant is gone.

The major issue for Ember was Fire damage and not really her abilities. I'm glad DE sees that too.

Edited by Voltage

I might actually start using her again after seeing the stream. I know I was sad when I came back and people told me she was not as good as she once was. After testing her abilities compared to the other warframes she just didn't compete as well, but this rework makes her look really fun to play.

Just now, Voltage said:

Im going to be patient, but with how Gauss plays due to micromanaging, I'm not entirely sure about how Ember will play. Slapping on a damage reduction ability sounds like the last few Warframes we got, and I'm a little bummed Accelerant is gone.

Dude you don’t need accelerant because fire damage is reworked... accelerant added a small ammount of damage to you. It isn’t needed

10 minutes ago, (PS4)FK2P said:

Slapping on a damage reduction ability sounds like the last few Warframes we got, and I'm a little bummed Accelerant is gone.

Ember originally had a DR ability before accelerant. And lets be real, to survive high levels, damage reduction is a necessity if you don't have a sustain.

Tbf accelerant was redundant as her aoe fire slam could just knock down and set enemies on fire, the stun didn't have that big of a range anyway/

Edited by ShadowExodus

Honestly... I'm not sure I like it.   I do like the improvements to fire damage status etc.

1 - same as before basically

2 - so a micromanaged damage reduction, would prefer a straight up 90% duration if I'm being honest.  I'm not a fan of micromanagement in this type of game, it's too fast paced imo.

3 - arguably a less useful version of the old one because the ring doesn't remain for 'cc', not to mention ragdolling was sending enemies to another planet...

4 - loses the mobility of the old one and in all honesty not sure how that's going to work when the enemies are actually moving, it's obviously going to look great when they're not moving but unless there's some sort of real time tracking they might actually miss.   No idea how firequake is going to be changed either.  This is also taking away one of the frames we use for 'speed running' low content quickly for relics etc because it no longer moves with us....

Edited by LSG501

3 minutes ago, (PS4)FK2P said:

Dude you don’t need accelerant because fire damage is reworked... accelerant added a small ammount of damage to you. It isn’t needed

Flash Accelerant is an underrated and useful augment mod. Also, the damage of Ember was not scaling like Equinox or Saryn, but blew through Exterminate. Likewise, since the Fireball Frenzy augment change, you can stack quite a bit of damage and also be using high damage weapons. Her kit didn't need new abilities, just the change to how Fire damage works. But that's just me.

Meters/micromanaging is cool for some, but it's not how I enjoy Warframe. It's why I hardly play Nidus, Gauss, and possibly now Ember too.

Edited by Voltage

13 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

2 - so a micromanaged damage reduction, would prefer a straight up 90% duration if I'm being honest.  I'm not a fan of micromanagement in this type of game, it's too fast paced imo.

Now you have to pay attention

3 - arguably a less useful version of the old one because the ring doesn't remain for 'cc', not to mention ragdolling was sending enemies to another planet...

Thats kinda of a hyperbole on ragdolling part maybe in open world. The fire ring won't matter now since the casting speed of her 3 got changed, its spammable unlike how it is now.

4 - loses the mobility of the old one and in all honesty not sure how that's going to work when the enemies are actually moving, it's obviously going to look great when they're not moving but unless there's some sort of real time tracking they might actually miss.  

There is tracking.... Its an auto target ability like Mesa's 4 that drops meteors on every enemy head in your LoS, and remember its aoe either way.

No idea how firequake is going to be changed either.  This is also taking away one of the frames we use for 'speed running' low content quickly for relics etc because it no longer moves with us....

If speed running low content is your problem then just take a cc/aoe weapon or use the other multitude of nuke frames that can move.

Edited by ShadowExodus
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, (PS4)FK2P said:

Accelerant was a lot of damage and was one of the best parts about ember.  Glad they're making heat procs relevant now, because as a damage type it has been bad for years in comparison to many other damage types.  

If you want to speedrun low content, put tons of range and strength on saryn and go to town with her 4 basically auto killing low level mobs with ease.  There are other frames, this change to ember is an overall positive in comparison to where she was previously.  

7 minutes ago, ShadowExodus said:

Now you have to pay attention

Thats kinda of a hyperbole on ragdolling part maybe in open world. The fire ring won't matter now since the casting speed of her 3 got changed, its spammable unlike how it is now.

There is tracking.... Its an auto target ability like Mesa's 4 that drops meteors on every enemy head in your LoS, and remember its aoe either way.

If speed running low content is your problem then just take a cc/aoe weapon or use the other multitude of nuke frames that can move.

Um you just selectively ignore the fact that others have the same damage reduction WITHOUT the need for micromanagement

Considering how much players generally hate ragdolling it's kind of comical that all of a sudden people like it..... oh great it's spammable, so was the old one, just slower.

No it's not aoe, it's LoS, if it was aoe it would be 360 degrees.....

Actually it's about speed/efficiency and choices... all the change is doing is basically reducing the number of frames and optimal weapons that can do the low content quickly and the options will reduce again when they change the next popular nuke frame.... which in turn increases the time/grind on those levels, you have to look at the bigger picture not just think oooh look they've changed ember to something shiny on a devstream...

I get it you like the change but personally I don't based on the devstream, I think it's a downgrade, hell I thought the last rework was a downgrade too and it failed to solve the issues they set out to fix, this one fixes the wof issue by removing the frames mobility with that ability.