Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Mastery Rank bugged?

vanaukas

Since I've read some threads of people complaining about the mr 9 and 19 test I've decided to check them myself (I'm MR 22) and they are pretty much broken, enemies can see you very much further than 20 m, they look (and shoot) up and down (that would had been useful on dogdays to end the afk 😄 ) and sometimes they "sense" you through the walls. This kind of complaints most of the time are dismissed for the community ("git gud") but when you have to use a certain weapon (Skiajati) to pass the test because is im possible to do with a normal weapon is just showing how broken is the IA of those test. I can't recall if that happened to me on those test in the past, but i'm pretty sure they are broken right now and since at least various months (maybe a year or more...).

This is the intended IA for the mastery ranks? They are bugged? You are aware of this issue? Please give us (players concerned) an official answer to end speculation on this topic. Thank you in advance!

Edited by xHeretic
  • Like 6

Nowadays I'm stuck on mr 9 test for like week and on the old account I was able to complete it without breaking a sweat. NPC's can see me crouching behind cover, sometimes they see me through the pillars. Also their detection range is much more higher I suppose than 3 years before. Unless there is some hidden way of completing this test without counting on pure luck I will stick to rank 8 :P. @xHeretic I don't think DE have any official statement about state of mr9 test, because I couldn't find it on forum, but I hope they will realise that this stuff is real obstacle for new players to rank up.

1 hour ago, Rubiickk said:

Nowadays I'm stuck on mr 9 test for like week and on the old account I was able to complete it without breaking a sweat. NPC's can see me crouching behind cover, sometimes they see me through the pillars. Also their detection range is much more higher I suppose than 3 years before. Unless there is some hidden way of completing this test without counting on pure luck I will stick to rank 8 :P. @xHeretic I don't think DE have any official statement about state of mr9 test, because I couldn't find it on forum, but I hope they will realise that this stuff is real obstacle for new players to rank up.

Pretty sad to read, I hope DE can see this bug soon, mr until 16 is key to have access to everything locked behind the mr system...

• Like 1

Hey, yep, kinda sad, I'm stucked for almost 2 weeks and today I decide to leave the game, maybe its a hard response but, sorry, I can't handle it. I tried a sweet amount of different kind of melee and nothing, and, funny thing even with glaive they can detect me from the back xD they have eyes everything and well, I'm just tired of this, I sent a ticket and nothing so, let's see if we can know something soon 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Grimfrost83 said:

I managed it (MR 9) after a few tries.
Used frost and Dex Dakra. On the 3rd phase, just jump to the left, take out that guy and take it from there.

Good luck!

Congrats, my friends gave me that knife that makes enemies vision reduced and I can't xD even if it's possible, the difficulty on this one is absurd related to the level it is

12 minutes ago, Moonkohryu said:

Congrats, my friends gave me that knife that makes enemies vision reduced and I can't xD even if it's possible, the difficulty on this one is absurd related to the level it is

Yeah?
Maybe its a bug on pc?
I don´t think i got any special skillz in warframe. And it took me a few tries.

So today I tried again, 2 first are easy if you know de wae, but on the third one I managed to take all but one. On the picture you can see me being detected by the last guy for this test. I was standing on the stairs to the platform, he was moving towards entrance for the 3rd phase of the test so he couldn't see me technically because he turned his back on me, but when I jumped from ground level to the middle of the stairs I was suddenly detected even though he was facing opposite direction and you can see how far away he is. This test is bulllcrap :P.ILOArNH.png

5 hours ago, Moonkohryu said:

Hey, yep, kinda sad, I'm stucked for almost 2 weeks and today I decide to leave the game, maybe its a hard response but, sorry, I can't handle it. I tried a sweet amount of different kind of melee and nothing, and, funny thing even with glaive they can detect me from the back xD they have eyes everything and well, I'm just tired of this, I sent a ticket and nothing so, let's see if we can know something soon 

Pretty sad to read that, don't give up tenno! There are plenty of good weapons for mr 8, I recommend waiting until an official response... Maybe this will be addressed on the next mainline (dropping soon).

4 hours ago, (PS4)Grimfrost83 said:

I managed it (MR 9) after a few tries.
Used frost and Dex Dakra. On the 3rd phase, just jump to the left, take out that guy and take it from there.

Good luck!

Probably this is a PC thing, but congrats anyway on your success!

• Like 1

Banshee + Gunblade, unless they made passives stop working in the test. Passives are definitely still working.

I can typically kill them from far enough away that they can't react, as long as I kill them in one shot.

EDIT: Just tried the MR9 test with this strat. It worked, but it seems that you will always be spotted once on the last of the three areas, because the game requires you to get to close before it will spawn the enemies. Just go in, get spotted once, and then back-dodge as soon as you spawn in. You should be able to defeat them from behind cover.

EDIT 2: Did the MR19 test. Just don't forget to stack as much enemy radar as possible. Kill as many enemies as you can from your starting platform: it seems that they cannot see you while you are up there. They can see you, but they don't look there unless they see a dead body. Use channeling while killing the enemies.

Edited by -AoN-CanoLathra-

5 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Banshee + Gunblade, unless they made passives stop working in the test. Passives are definitely still working.

I can typically kill them from far enough away that they can't react, as long as I kill them in one shot.

EDIT: Just tried the MR9 test with this strat. It worked, but it seems that you will always be spotted once on the last of the three areas, because the game requires you to get to close before it will spawn the enemies. Just go in, get spotted once, and then back-dodge as soon as you spawn in. You should be able to defeat them from behind cover.

EDIT 2: Did the MR19 test. Just don't forget to stack as much enemy radar as possible. Kill as many enemies as you can from your starting platform: it seems that they cannot see you while you are up there. They can see you, but they don't look there unless they see a dead body. Use channeling while killing the enemies.

I tried it with glaive and range mod(dont know if works with it) and you can jump down and up again to make them spawn. If you kill them for up there, the one at the platform can see you and one of the 3 walking to you. if you manage to kill them, good, 1 step out. but after you kill the one at the left, the guy up the platform suddently see you from behind the pillar or the other guy across the entire map.

I even know their path xD and they keep spotting me from every no sense pov

6 hours ago, xHeretic said:

Pretty sad to read that, don't give up tenno! There are plenty of good weapons for mr 8, I recommend waiting until an official response... Maybe this will be addressed on the next mainline (dropping soon).

Probably this is a PC thing, but congrats anyway on your success!

yeah I don't know, honestly I don't want to play until I make it or they fix it, just, I don't want to play xD. Also sent a ticket to see if they tell me something, still waiting but will tell you guys

I was looking at other forums and they say just go out with this, or that, this weapon this mod, this frame etc etc and they show a vid where they fly around and kill everything like oh wow they are mastergods, idk maybe yeah thats easy for them cause they mr+20 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Moonkohryu said:

I tried it with glaive and range mod(dont know if works with it) and you can jump down and up again to make them spawn. If you kill them for up there, the one at the platform can see you and one of the 3 walking to you. if you manage to kill them, good, 1 step out. but after you kill the one at the left, the guy up the platform suddently see you from behind the pillar or the other guy across the entire map.

I even know their path xD and they keep spotting me from every no sense pov

Gunblades let you shoot around corners because they are hit-scan, which only cares about whether you can see them in your reticle, not if there is a line-of-sight between your frame and the target.

I used the Sarpa. For the third part of the MR9 test, do the jump out and back trick, then go down the ramp in the second area, and hide down there while peeking out around a corner to shoot them. By killing them off right to left, you can ensure you can kill them before they can see you.

Hmm, did it a few times just now, glaive banshee still works fine I think.

In the video below, I completed the last stage 3 times, first time shows a relatively bad run with several bad throws, second round works the best if you are a good thrower and.... 
the third one.... is just interesting

Also yes.. I am terrible bad decent with glaives I would like to think.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, -AoN-CanoLathra- said:

Using a certain build =/= Testing ability, the test should be done (imo) with every warframe and melee, otherwise would be a "you must have this geat to advance"

• Like 1

Hey guys, I made it!. Just woke up, test it and worked and then I pass it like.. it was to easy? idk when I got to last part my glaive killed 4 enemies so it was only 1 left and there you go, I pass it, or too much luck or an op melee pinball gun

Edited by Moonkohryu
  • Like 4

I'm happy to see that I'm not alone. I've been trying this for about a week now and can't get it to work. I even tried to follow the path of some youtube vids and still not working. I read a comment on one of those videos that there was a recent update that buffed enemy "aggression" towards players, like visibility range and other stuff. The range on the enemies is just absurd, mainly for the third phase. I mean you can't really even start phase three on its starting platform. You have to be on the second floor platform of phase two. Start there, jump in to spawn the enemies and then double jump back onto that second floor platform. It's getting pretty aggravating, especially with only 3 attempts and then waiting another 24 hours to start again. I'm bumping this because I really want a response.  

34 minutes ago, CrossAspect said:

I'm happy to see that I'm not alone. I've been trying this for about a week now and can't get it to work. I even tried to follow the path of some youtube vids and still not working. I read a comment on one of those videos that there was a recent update that buffed enemy "aggression" towards players, like visibility range and other stuff. The range on the enemies is just absurd, mainly for the third phase. I mean you can't really even start phase three on its starting platform. You have to be on the second floor platform of phase two. Start there, jump in to spawn the enemies and then double jump back onto that second floor platform. It's getting pretty aggravating, especially with only 3 attempts and then waiting another 24 hours to start again. I'm bumping this because I really want a response.  

You can practice at simaris, right to the door there is a corridor with all the previous mastery ranks you got and the next one fronm your current level (You are mr 8 if im not wrong, you'll be able to practice 9, im mr 22 and I can practice for 23 even if im halfway to get there). Try to follow some of the advices, there is nothing worng on trying a build that overcome this bug, even if its not the ideal solution... I feel really bad for this situation (it doesnt affect me but almsot eevery day I read complains like this on the region chat and Im trying to help many tenno as I can...), I just think we deserve to know if this is the intended behavior of the enemy IA or if its bugged, to try to handle better the orientation to fellow tennos...

• Like 2