The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nullifier rebalancing suggestions

TioMegaManX

There is a big issue when it comes to nullifier bubbles and the only two ways to get rid of them, one allows for semi-automatic weapon users to just try and aim for the drone... unless the terrain makes it impossible, since DE has quite the disdain for warframe abilities they will probably never go by some other user's suggestion about "jamming" the effects of abilities without a full dispel while inside; the other method is having a continuous barrage onto the bubble to reduce it, sometimes however we just empty the magazine and depending on the weapon the nully may put up a new bubble before we are able to reload, quite annoying.

So I got some inspiration from Star Wars, in the SW universe shields usually stop high speed projectiles like blasters and turbo lasers but they have a major weak point, slower ordnance like torpedoes and grenades pass through them, so what if Nullifier bubbles didn't stop all the slower projectiles? namely stuff like arrows, grenades, rockets, glaives and even stuff like the Boltor/Bolto family? to compensate a bit the nullies could get some major survivability buffs.

vor 42 Minuten schrieb VanFanel1980mx:

sometimes however we just empty the magazine and depending on the weapon the nully may put up a new bubble before we are able to reload, quite annoying.

You can equip more than 1 ranged weapon. Additionally, most of the time, you know, when you fight factions with Nullifiers, so you can prepare accordingly. It's a simple matter of avoiding to bring a knife to a gunfight.

Also, even melee attacks VS the bubble work. And I doubt that you ever managed to reload a melee weapon....

My solution would be to actually buff Nullifiers but make them more rare, like a Bursa. Make Comba/Scramba type enemies more common than Nullifiers are now, and maybe make their effect a permanent aura rather than casting a shockwave. 

It would diversify ability usage a bit, and create more priority targets without blocking all abilities and weapons against groups of enemies.

Also....The Nullifier drone is bs. It's constantly hidden in walls/ceilings, and moves at super speed with a slight turn of the Nullifier. I just avoid all of that crap and sneak in with my Operator in void mode and blast them in the face. So far it's worked nicely in all levels of content, the only issue is when you have multiple Nullifiers all spawning all over the place in groups.

Edited by (PS4)Ozymandias-13-

I've always kind of felt it'd be more dynamic and fair-feeling if nullifier's anti-weapon and anti-ability shields were separated into two shield types and given to different units, so weapons work against one type and Warframe abilities work against the other. Not that they're that difficult to handle (even my semi-auto Tombfinger can take them down decently quick), but that there's one bubble that does all feels kind of "eh".

On 2019-10-08 at 2:23 AM, peterc3 said:

If you allow any projectiles through, you've effectively removed what little threat Nullifiers present. There would be no point to having them in the game.

Nah their bubble should play like the rest of the in game world and anything  with punch through should actually punch through the thing like it would any other barrier in the game.

3 hours ago, Jax_Cavalera said:

Nah their bubble should play like the rest of the in game world and anything  with punch through should actually punch through the thing like it would any other barrier in the game.

This would truly make Nullifiers close to a non-factor for me.  Do a lot of people play without punch through currently?