Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Emissary Ornaments, plz

daExile

Please make "season signature" items like E.O. part of permanent nightwave offerings list. And yeah, would be nice if ornaments made a return this week.

I totally thought they are already permanent. Nah, I did not pay enough attention to item rotation, so I kinda admit that's possibly my fault - was having Wolf ornament in store on the final week just a lucky coincidence?

Anyway, stuff like this has no gameplay value, so no "unfair advantage" or anything to potentially get from these, and they make... well, acceptable cred sink to spend leftover creds on if final week doesn't bring anything more desirable.

While I don't see a problem with this... I do think you're actually out of luck.

When DE put in these little statues or 'timed exclusive' noggles or even the shoulder decorations, if they ever release them again, it's actually years later and usually in a different form.

So, for example, people that took part in a certain Event back in the day got the Naberus shoulder armour, which are the little bat-like wings. The Naberus never returned, but we do have Baro Ki'teer offering the Prisma Naberus in his cycles from time to time.

I honestly don't think you're actually going to see these again. Not as they are. And I do feel that it's a little unfair. I just think that DE is a little heartless when it comes to this much.

15 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

So, for example, people that took part in a certain Event back in the day got the Naberus shoulder armour, which are the little bat-like wings. The Naberus never returned,

While what you say is generally true, the naberus armor has been back at halloween for 50plat on a limited duration basis a couple of times iirc. 

As to the OP, there are certain things that some of us feel should be a permanent fixture in nightwaves to go along with things like nitain and vauban, kuva is one and any limited time ornaments are another.  Will we see a change, doubtful we'll see a change this time (many of us wanted to buy kuva for example with our leftover creds) and in all honesty I doubt it will change next time either. 

Wait wait wait wait..... soooo let me get this strait..... 

They didn't curate the storefront to make sure that Kuva was in the last week of Nightwave season 2 for people who would want to close out their points on that AND they emmisary ornament is also conspicuously absent? 

Granted I stopped caring about the ornaments after I didn't pick up the Wolf Ornament not thinking ahead to being able to make a shelf of seasonal ornaments.. cause at that point I'm always going to be missing one so why the hecc bother at all..... but srsly, what the what? 

Edit: 

Honestly speaking I think the ornaments should have been a fixture of the main reward path from the beginning, I know I would have preffered an ornament to those lame bobbleheads.... tho at this point that would probably just cheese me off every time I got one knowing my collection is always going to be missing S1&2. So maybe it's better that isn't a thing at this point. 

Edited by Oreades

Kuva is kinda understandable, it has million other ways of obtaining, so people were denied only of some relatively cheap sixpack of it.

Event-exclusive store items being potentially lost because of RNG throwing a fit is undeniably, unquestionably uncool, though.

Apart from the ornament: Neither Kuva, nor Gauss Mag helmet this week which definitely drives me crazy. I've been saving lots of emissary creds for the alternative Gauss helmet and some Kuva but instead, people who especially aimed for these items were disappointed after two or three weeks of none (I didn't pay enough attention to say that about the ornament) of both... In the end, for "veterans" there was no point in keeping on doing these nightwave acts because yeah.. we already own that normal stuff like Vauban or items that need Nitain or almost all the other alternative helmets.

• Like 1

Just now, daExile said:

Kuva is kinda understandable, it has million other ways of obtaining, so people were denied only of some relatively cheap sixpack of it.

Event-exclusive store items being potentially lost because of RNG throwing a fit is undeniably, unquestionably uncool, though.

Thing is that it isn't, it's something for people to spend their NW points on when they don't have anything else they want to spend those points on and as such Kuva should have been in the final week of the store. 

In fact Kuva is even more important to have in the final week because of the additional methods of gaining it. Because of those players are even more likely to hold off on spending their points on it in case something interesting comes up in the last week of the shop. Like a new alt helmet or the likes. 

The added (all be it super armature hour) scarcity of the ornament would mean that it would be of higher importance and thus more likely to be picked up before the final week.

That said I actually had to log in and review the reward chain to look at all the themed items that they throw at us cycle after cycle that aren't the Ornament for whatever reason... and I just don't understand why it isn't part of the reward chain. If they couldn't find room, compress the skill and the emblem into one reward and replace one or the other with the ornament, problem solved. 

Thinking about both of these things just not being in the final week is like legitimately making me angry... not because I want/need them (as I staid I stopped giving a single hecc about the ornaments after I neglected to pick up the S1 ornament not thinking about S2 having one, etc) but because of how obvious this scenario was and how easy it is to have completely avoided it. 

It's like looking at the Epic Store asking yourself "WHY DO YOU NOT HAVE A SHOPPING CART OR DOWNLOAD THROTTLING!?!?..... in 20heccin19...." these are basic storefront fictions...... that is the level that this is on. Neither of these are things that should have happened.