Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shade (revenge) makes no sense.

Nichivo

I was getting rid of excess mods today while theory crafting, and stumbled onto Revenge for the Shade again. This mod still makes no sense to me, because to be useful it's backwards and frankly why not fix that and make it usable on all robotics.

Currently the mod causes the Shade Sentinel to only attack if you have been attacked within 5.8 meters non ranked, or 10 meters fully ranked.

I propose changing Revenge to cause Sentinel or MOA  to only attack if the owner is attacked within 10 meters un-ranked or 2 meters fully ranked, this would not  only be useful but make sense. That would be 2 meters per rank, although 5-1 with 1 meter per rank would also be fine. This would serve as a cut off switch that still maintains full function that many, myself included, would love to have for robotics.

Nope! Like I said, the mod is backwards, think about it for a minute. Why would  we need yet another mod that does the same basic thing as a couple others. It would give you a way to make your robotic companion, more passive, which could be very useful for certain things. As it currently stands it is a mediocre mod, that is shade specific, and loses value if it's ranked, because it gains range, and there are other universal options that do that better.

Edited by Nichivo

Back in ancient days, it made sense. Wyrm, the only other sentinel in the game, attacked everything on sight. Shade allowed a stealthy approach since you couldnt turn off alarms once they got on.

The whole concept of Shade need update. Ghost seem good on paper, but has far too long cooldown and effect can be broken instantly when it triggers, wasting it. Only value it provides is covering you while you rez someone, but even there Sanctuary is better option.

• Like 1

the Sentinel will target any Enemy, but only attempt to attack up to the Range limit. just like all of the other Attack Mods, but this one adds the condition of the Warframe being Damaged.

however i would support the Attack Mods being made universal for all Robotic Companions, and making them more unique from one another in the process. more useful than the introduction of Attack Mode, tbh.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

Back in ancient days, it made sense. Wyrm, the only other sentinel in the game, attacked everything on sight. Shade allowed a stealthy approach since you couldnt turn off alarms once they got on.

The whole concept of Shade need update. Ghost seem good on paper, but has far too long cooldown and effect can be broken instantly when it triggers, wasting it. Only value it provides is covering you while you rez someone, but even there Sanctuary is better option.

Sanctuary is a wasted mod slot, operator in void mode is the better option. Ghost 10m is not as effective as Stalk 24m kubrow version. I still maintain even if we go back in time, that ranking Revenge which adds range, is a detriment to it's usefulness.

11 hours ago, Nichivo said:

I was getting rid of excess mods today while theory crafting, and stumbled onto Revenge for the Shade again. This mod still makes no sense to me, because to be useful it's backwards and frankly why not fix that and make it usable on all robotics

Assault Mode causes the sentinel to shoot first.

Revenge makes it never shoot unless they shot first.

This is useful if you want to have your sentinel use weapons, but you're trying to use stealth.

If you're not spotted the sentinel won't alert enemies, once you are it will help fight back.

That's what Revenge is supposed to do. It's not very useful though, as these days stealth is all about either invisibility or CC, and sentinel weapons are pretty useless.

Instead I'd just make Ghost more reliable and Burst Laser silent.

14 hours ago, Nichivo said:

Nope! Like I said, the mod is backwards, think about it for a minute. Why would  we need yet another mod that does the same basic thing as a couple others. It would give you a way to make your robotic companion, more passive, which could be very useful for certain things. As it currently stands it is a mediocre mod, that is shade specific, and loses value if it's ranked, because it gains range, and there are other universal options that do that better.

If you don’t want your sentinel to shoot you can just unequip it’s weapon or attack precept

3 minutes ago, Nichivo said:

Why don't I believe you?

Because you’re trying to be Internet Funnie Man™️. The first reply was giving you the benefit of the doubt because typos like that happen all the time here and they need to be corrected before confusion sets in.

I was fully understanding of your point when you said:

On 2019-10-12 at 6:09 PM, Nichivo said:

I just do not agree with it.

57 minutes ago, swiftasacoursing said:

Because you’re trying to be Internet Funnie Man™️. The first reply was giving you the benefit of the doubt because typos like that happen all the time here and they need to be corrected before confusion sets in.

I was fully understanding of your point when you said:

I just do not agree with it.

If that was the case simply saying I disagree, would have been much faster. Then responding with.

16 hours ago, swiftasacoursing said:

If you don’t want your sentinel to shoot you can just unequip it’s weapon or attack precept

When I wrote this.

On 2019-10-12 at 5:09 PM, Nichivo said:

Which clearly would lead anyone to believe you did not understand.