Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon testing in the simulacrum.

VA4L

Was just wondering why they never thought to add a little market console (or tab in the existing console or arsenal) in the simulacrum where people could test-run how a weapon feels before they decide to buy it. A good example would be Staticor. By the looks of it  alone I was ignoring that weapon for ever until I saw a guy using it and decided it looks kinda fun.

Edited by VA4L
Parentheses.
  • Like 1

There's a lot of decent and good suggestion for things it would be nice if the simulacrum had.

The thread posted right before this one was about being able to spawn other tiles and that's a pretty good suggestion too.

The reason we don't get any of these is because the simulacrum isn't receiving any active development.

Like ever.

Which I don't really disagree with either since it's not really actual content. 

The simulacrum is sort of inconvenient and out of the way, but a lot of people end up spending a while in there anyway, so maybe it's not such a bad thing.

1 minute ago, Senguash said:

There's a lot of decent and good suggestion for things it would be nice if the simulacrum had.

The thread posted right before this one was about being able to spawn other tiles and that's a pretty good suggestion too.

The reason we don't get any of these is because the simulacrum isn't receiving any active development.

Like ever.

Which I don't really disagree with either since it's not really actual content. 

The simulacrum is sort of inconvenient and out of the way, but a lot of people end up spending a while in there anyway, so maybe it's not such a bad thing.

Having the ability to test weapons in the sym could actually boost sales. People will buy stuff with confidence knowing how it preforms in game.

2 hours ago, VA4L said:

Having the ability to test weapons in the sym could actually boost sales. People will buy stuff with confidence knowing how it preforms in game.

Or it could reduce them.

"I tried it in the simulacrum and it sucked/I didnt like it, so I won't get it." is another equally likely thoughtprocess.

• Like 1

On 2019-10-16 at 5:42 AM, peterc3 said:

X new weapon or frame comes out and there are tons of posts saying it is garbage because it doesn't work right in the Simulacrum.

It is a trap. It merely shows people what they want to see.

I think in order for people take someone's opinion on any new weapon or frame seriously he needs to place a valid argument and not just "I didn't like it". Plus all youtube videos of new gear are mostly showing it off in the sym anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-10-15 at 6:37 AM, Spawnbold said:

Would also be nice to add a possibility to forma weapons for testing... 

I came here to suggest essentially this. It would be nice if we could test mods configs for our weapons, e.g. what they would be like fully polarized and with the mods we want on them maxed out. Then we could decide beforehand how to apply our forma and which builds we actually want to work towards.

They don't want people to be able to get their hands on new toys in any form immediately. Alongside collecting weapons, experiencing them is part of why people want all the new shiny equipment. Sure on the other end of things, people might be skeptical but then find the weapon fun if they tested it, but I think DE's settled on buying time before people can try the new things they release.

After all that's why new weapons always have a grind to build them (Argons usually) or are stuck in the Clan Lab research which you curiously cannot rush with Platinum.