Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sustainable Content idea #3... | Warfront - Battlefront style game mode

Kingsmount

#1: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1127953-risk-of-frame-new-game-mode-roguelike/

#2: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1134145-sustainable-content-idea-2-player-made-levels/

#3:

#1 talks about a singleplayer/co-op experience that's very efficient in providing endless content.  #2 talks about community driven content that provides endless content and creativity in sharing user generated maps and quests. 

Now to go against the grain a little.. a PvP mode that isn't awful.

Credit to this comment: 

9fk5DXG.png

You could reskin the Plains of Eidolon and/or the Vallis with some relevant tweaking to make them more appropriate to the mode.   You play as either Grineer or Corpus factions on either the red or blue team.  Infested and Sentients can be a neutral (Hostile to everyone) hazard.   Instead of a hero or villain unit,  you could have a warframe.

Also, let it be known... That unironically, a battle royale would actually be a good idea too.  Starting as your operator and finding frames, weapons, and mods. (Frames might be limited use too, if it's destroyed its destroyed unless repaired/healed) Coming from someone who hates battle royale games, has never played one, and never intends to but might support a Warframe BR.

At the bare minimum it'd be an opportunity to draw more players and monetization options that don't involve grindwalling all new content behind grindwalls so awful that it's ideal to just grind plat instead.

Edited by Kingsmount

I would try for sure, one thing that is always a concern for me is making a pvp mode that basically makes the rest of the game irrelevant, sounds fun though, idk how long the fun would last, and I'm sure there is tons of details you would have to work out to make that work.

51 minutes ago, Kingsmount said:

At the bare minimum it'd be an opportunity to draw more players and monetization options

I was indifferent to the entire post until you said this.  What monetisation options are you talking about?  The only ones I can think of that don't already exist in Warframe would be P2W.  Prove me wrong?

12 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

I was indifferent to the entire post until you said this.  What monetisation options are you talking about?  The only ones I can think of that don't already exist in Warframe would be P2W.  Prove me wrong?

A mode like this would necessarily require a separate form of progression and rewards, and general game systems revolving around not warframes or your operator,  but playable Grineer and Corpus units and systems to support those units.

5 hours ago, Kingsmount said:

A mode like this would necessarily require a separate form of progression and rewards, and general game systems revolving around not warframes or your operator,  but playable Grineer and Corpus units and systems to support those units.

So just cosmetics for the Grineer/Corpus units?  Those would be the only new monetisation options that would be palatable from what I can tell.  Anymore information on the systems involved or was this just a throw away idea you had?  Is it intended to be entirely separate from the core game?  If it is, then that alone would most likely rule out DE doing anything like it since they've stated that they're focusing on tying the different aspects of Warframe together.

vor 13 Stunden schrieb Kingsmount:

You could reskin the Plains of Eidolon and/or the Vallis with some relevant tweaking to make them more appropriate to the mode.   You play as either Grineer or Corpus factions on either the red or blue team.  Infested and Sentients can be a neutral (Hostile to everyone) hazard.   Instead of a hero or villain unit,  you could have a warframe.

I would like it alot more if we could play as the enemy units we usually fight against while Warframe are forbidden..

One reason for me is that the movement system of Warframe isn't really suited for PVP - its great for PVE but we are can be so quick and in Conclave for example the most effective moves are pretty "weird" 😄 Hard to explain, but i think its not fun to play against or perform it yourself.

So why not these huge battles with lots of players like in other MMOFPS (maybe not as much as in Planetside 2 though 😛)  and classes like in Battlefield for example ^^

Yeah i know, reall different from what Warframe is right now - but what we currently have as PVP is also pretty different from the base game.

A Multiplayer Game like that in a universe like Warframe created could be crazy..

On 2019-10-17 at 10:27 AM, Kingsmount said:

Also, let it be known... That unironically, a battle royale would actually be a good idea too.  Starting as your operator and finding frames, weapons, and mods. (Frames might be limited use too, if it's destroyed its destroyed unless repaired/healed) Coming from someone who hates battle royale games, has never played one, and never intends to but might support a Warframe BR.

I have a hunch that the Duvuri Paradox could be something like this... Trailer shows Adult Operator, having to find a portal in the ground to obtain a gun, and his warframe is absent.

Maybe it's going to be some kind of open-world PvP / PvE mode with limitations to our powers, and we need to get guns transferred from other modes of the game into this mode via some new mechanics. And maybe eventually, we get to transfer an entire warframe over for a momentary Hero moment like when one plays Thanos in Fortnite. 

But I could also be overthinking and it is just a story quest and we play as adult Operator for one mission only and never see it again. 

On 10/17/2019 at 4:27 AM, Kingsmount said:

#1: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1127953-risk-of-frame-new-game-mode-roguelike/

#2: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1134145-sustainable-content-idea-2-player-made-levels/

#3:

#1 talks about a singleplayer/co-op experience that's very efficient in providing endless content.  #2 talks about community driven content that provides endless content and creativity in sharing user generated maps and quests. 

Now to go against the grain a little.. a PvP mode that isn't awful.

Credit to this comment: 

9fk5DXG.png

At the bare minimum it'd be an opportunity to draw more players and monetization options that don't involve grindwalling all new content behind grindwalls so awful that it's ideal to just grind plat instead.

If warframe for pvp him take example from star wars battlefront2 would be something exceptional, as the games are similar.