Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Adding back Sword Alone is not the best way to reintroduce blocking: here's a suggestion

(XBOX)ShonOfDawn

9 minutes ago, (XB1)ShonFr0st said:

What in the world are you talking about? They removed quick melee to allow you full use of a stance at any time, and complete control over you ranged offense at any time without stupidly locking you in sword alone. 

Builds that used guns as tools and not the killing weapon are no longer usable? Hmm, tell me, why then can I apply 5 statuses with my cycron and then immediately cut down my target with my combos and condition overload? Why can I then immediately switch back to my secondary to repeat the process? 

The only thing they truly removed was manual block, and they should try to find a way to reintroduce it without adding a useless new mode. 

Hardswap to guns on half the main combos, on every slope, every dash and every jump unless you remove your guns is removing equip melee to give you quick attack+.

6 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Furthermore this raises concerns with regards to angle of block

Yes. I forgot about this....  not gonna work like that....darn.

OH!  I know!    Hold Attack button.  How about it?  Its not used in the new system....unless Glaive throws remain as is and are not Heavy attacks...    Check this out:

If you attack the moment enemy hits you, you parry (they get staggered and you deal more damage with no animation change).  And if you keep holding Attack button, you enter blocking state.

Shouldnt that be fine?

Edited by Kainosh

5 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Yes. I forgot about this....  not gonna work like that....darn.

OH!  I know!    Hold Attack button.  How about it?  Its not used in the new system....unless Glaive throws remain as is and are not Heavy attacks...    Check this out:

If you attack the moment enemy hits you, you parry (they get staggered and you deal more damage with no animation change).  And if you keep holding Attack button, you enter blocking state.

Shouldnt that be fine?

Hmm, not very reactive. I apologise for just being negative here. I do like the idea of actual parrying though! I know it's currently possible to parry if you channel at the moment an enemy hits you, and with channelling going it would be nice to get that moved across somehow.

9 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Hmm, not very reactive.

Nah its pretty fast actually, coz swing parry frames will also deflect some bullets, and then ~0.2 second delay before blocking state...its nothing.  

....but still wont work because of midair slam.  Unless both slams are on Heavy button (tap/ held)....

That way it might work....i think. Yeah....seems pretty legit.

8 hours ago, Kainosh said:

Nah its pretty fast actually, coz swing parry frames will also deflect some bullets, and then ~0.2 second delay before blocking state...its nothing.

Hmmm, and the parry effect would retain the full angle, 100% block? Has some plausibility yeah.

Edit: wouldn't holding "E" stop you from being able to move right?

Air gliding (which is important for me) would suffer though. Having to attack before the glide would drastically affect your mobility.

I'd feel daft swinging at the air a lot as well, but it's not like that doesn't happen anyway, hehe

Edited by DeMonkey

You people are crazy. For those who loved the new melee they brought no changes - still quick swap + autoblock. For those who didnt appreciate autoblock and noswitch they've brought back an option to holdswap and hold block (which im happy about).

For those who arent satisfied with both... welp... i dunno.

2 hours ago, Miyabi-sama said:

You people are crazy. For those who loved the new melee they brought no changes - still quick swap + autoblock. For those who didnt appreciate autoblock and noswitch they've brought back an option to holdswap and hold block (which im happy about).

For those who arent satisfied with both... welp... i dunno.

Yeah unfortunately I fall in the last category... I absolutely love the new melee, but I also very much dislike auto blocking... I think that merging the two together would be the best thing for the game, but anyone is free to disagree. 

1 час назад, (XB1)ShonFr0st сказал:

Yeah unfortunately I fall in the last category... I absolutely love the new melee, but I also very much dislike auto blocking... I think that merging the two together would be the best thing for the game, but anyone is free to disagree. 

Welp, the only EZ way to implement such thing you want is gonna be binding melee and guns controls to the same buttons/keys. People here suggested Reload to swap for guns. I'd say can also bind alt.fire key or just simple F tap.