Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can We Get Rid Of Death Animations? Please?

lautalocos

as you can guess from the title, im quite sick of shooting at a grineer leg, see how he stops doing whatever he was doing, see how his arm flies off and transforms into some meaty thing without skin, see how he just stands and falls on his kness after a lot of time AND blocks all the shots that where directed to the dude behind him. let´s not even talk about the fire effect death animation, just don´t.

this happens too when you use a melee weapon (but why would you?)

if you kill the enemies with a melee weapon, they should always be cut in half, like it happens sometimes if you don´t have any elemental mods on the weapon, but even if you have elemental mods on it.

if you kill him by shooting, they should only need to very quickly drop to their kness and then fall to the floor.

the animation shouldn´t be as stiff as it is now. if you want an example, look for the balder knight in dark souls. you kill them and they fall to their kness very quickly, but in a natural way. not like the grineer drama queens we have now.

they too should sometimes just drop dead, nothing fancy.

edit: as karma ghost noted, enemies killed by blunt weapons shouldn´t be cut in half. those should only ragdoll, i guess

Edited by lautalocos

Agreed.  I've said so many times that enemies need to look more dead when they're dead.  None of this flapping and flailing, staggering around for awhile, ancients doing things like look like an attack animation for 30 seconds after they die.  Just go limp and fall over.  DE needs to play Left 4 Dead 2 for five minutes, then they would know what enemies are suppose to do when they die.

Agreed.  I think if I were to die i'd just ragdoll to the floor, unless I can dramatize it like the Grineer

each grineer should have a spotlight over them each time they die, with dramatic music on the background.

another grineer shouts his name, "GEORGEEEEEEEEEEE" in a dramatic whirlwind of emotions.

end of act 3.

if you kill the enemies with a melee weapon, they should always be cut in half, like it happens sometimes if you don´t have any elemental mods on the weapon, but even if you have elemental mods on it.

Fragor, Ankyros, Furax, Kogake, Amphis, Bo, Prova

On topic: I agree, enemies need to die like Hollywood henchmen, not main characters.

Edited by Karma_Ghost

I don't mind them having death animations, but they should at least make it so that they can be knocked over while dramatizing their death.

Like, some guy just died from fire damage and he's flailing about before collapsing. I think that physics should already be enabled for him, so if you shoot him or if something else flies into him, he just falls over while feebly flailing the arms until he goes limp.

Edited by SortaRandom

Removing them altogether would look odd.

Adding physics to them so their less like a static object and more like a moving unstable object would make them more realistic and less annoying.

And when i whack someone with a fully charged orthos i don't expect them to loose and arm, stumble around for five minutes and then just roll over. I expect them to get sliced in half and go flying. 

Removing them altogether would look odd.

Adding physics to them so their less like a static object and more like a moving unstable object would make them more realistic and less annoying.

And when i whack someone with a fully charged orthos i don't expect them to loose and arm, stumble around for five minutes and then just roll over. I expect them to get sliced in half and go flying. 

thats like the blader knights of dark souls i mentioned.

yes, it really should depend on where you hit them

Actually if they implement an active ragdoll system like in the new GTA games they wouldn't need to make animations since the game would make its own dynamically.

If it can dynamically create maps from a set of tiles, why not reactions animations?

Ragdolling systems are written into the base engine. I'm somewhat under the impression that it isn't in the core code of the evolution engine, and, therefore, it would require an engine rewrite to make it work properly. This is kind of a "big" issue thing, from that perspective. As GTA uses the RAGE engine, it's a whole different ball of wax.

I would so much like this...

The elemental mods just kind of ruin the fun for me when using melee weapons.

As I love to do with any tanky warframe, run in their face, slice them in half, see them ragdoll all over the place in pieces...

After the weapon levels up and it finaly recieves an elemental mod...

It's horrid, no more flying half bodies, no more cutting in half either, rare ragdolls if even any.

Especially if you use the Fragor, which I've loved to do so much is to yell ˝Fore˝ and see them flying across the whole room.

Then I just see them have a seazure and flop to the ground after they decide they're actually dead or yell while dancing around on fire...

Please fix this somehow :(

Ragdolling systems are written into the base engine. I'm somewhat under the impression that it isn't in the core code of the evolution engine, and, therefore, it would require an engine rewrite to make it work properly. This is kind of a "big" issue thing, from that perspective. As GTA uses the RAGE engine, it's a whole different ball of wax.

Its still possible to do something similar. But it'd be easier and faster to simply make new animations and have the animated object be interrupted by bullets and physics impacts.

Only the bosses need dramatic death animations.

Like, some guy just died from fire damage and he's flailing about before collapsing. I think that physics should already be enabled for him, so if you shoot him or if something else flies into him, he just falls over while feebly flailing the arms until he goes limp.

i like it. solves all the problems. 

Use a bow?

unless you have Elemental cards on it, then the Corpse Cannon effect doesn't happen.... almost ever.....

still an issue that needs to be fixed. for Bows in particular, it's directly combat related, throwing enemies backwards is supposed to be a factor they have for better CC to contrast Sniper Rifles dealing obnoxious amounts of damage per hit to one target.

Actually if they implement an active ragdoll system like in the new GTA games they wouldn't need to make animations since the game would make its own dynamically.

If it can dynamically create maps from a set of tiles, why not reactions animations?

that's a great idea.