Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Celestia Syandana

Piterros990

I know that this has been adressed countless times.

I don't care, I still need to put it up, because it's infuriating me.

Here's the thing: you waste a ton of time, which you could spend doing wise things that benefit you and/or are fun, you pay A REACTOR, A FORMA and A CATALYST, then you spend even more time to get standing, buy syandana and then NEED TO WASTE EVEN MORE TIME ON A DAILY BASIS TO KEEP THE SYANDANA GOOD LOOKING. That is just infuriating, all that effort for a simple, good looking cosmetic? It makes less than zero sense.

I've already put a solid amount of time, doing ridiculously boring rounds of annihilation, and stopped when I realized what I need to max out the standing. Why, for all this pain we have to get through to even get access to the cosmetic, we have to go through even more pain daily to actually make use of the syandana? Please DE, even if you're not going to make any changes to the conclave or its syndicate standing, for the love of God please remove the requirement to do daily challenges to keep the syandana nice looking.

33 minutes ago, Piterros990 said:

NEED TO WASTE EVEN MORE TIME ON A DAILY BASIS TO KEEP THE SYANDANA GOOD LOOKING.

I could be wrong here, but I believe you can complete a weekly challenge and it stays lit for the week. I don’t know if that is more or less effort though.

I agree though, this should be changed. I gave up on this Syandana after seeing how much effort it was to keep it looking good. It’s basically a plate for your back, I don’t know how many people want that.

8 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I could be wrong here, but I believe you can complete a weekly challenge and it stays lit for the week. I don’t know if that is more or less effort though.

Maybe. But it still requires you to stick to conclave. From what I'm looking at right now, you need to either complete 20 or win 6 matches or complete 10 daily challenges. No thanks, conclave it too boring.

Just let it be, DE doesn't care about Conclave in the least we can see that in the form of balancing neglect and the fact that there is no new frame added to Conclave and also no activity here from the side of DE.

Also regarding the Syandana...
To quote a certain black door from a different game: "You are not worthy."
You got the unique item, I can understand if you want it easier, alright, as in 1 light fades per day, I'm up for that but not that lazy conclave farmer "mimimi forever" that would only give the incentive to gain standing and never touch conclave again.

So get the skins and don't bother with the Syandana it clearly is not intended for you.

Edited by --Q--ualityContent

On 2019-10-24 at 3:05 PM, Piterros990 said:

I know that this has been adressed countless times.

I don't care, I still need to put it up, because it's infuriating me.

Here's the thing: you waste a ton of time, which you could spend doing wise things that benefit you and/or are fun, you pay A REACTOR, A FORMA and A CATALYST, then you spend even more time to get standing, buy syandana and then NEED TO WASTE EVEN MORE TIME ON A DAILY BASIS TO KEEP THE SYANDANA GOOD LOOKING. That is just infuriating, all that effort for a simple, good looking cosmetic? It makes less than zero sense.

I've already put a solid amount of time, doing ridiculously boring rounds of annihilation, and stopped when I realized what I need to max out the standing. Why, for all this pain we have to get through to even get access to the cosmetic, we have to go through even more pain daily to actually make use of the syandana? Please DE, even if you're not going to make any changes to the conclave or its syndicate standing, for the love of God please remove the requirement to do daily challenges to keep the syandana nice looking.

I'm sorry that you feel conclave is a "waste of time" and "all this pain." I think the celestia syandana was designed for people who enjoy conclave, who play it daily (for fun, not for grinding cosmetics) and thus don't have trouble keeping it lit. I think if you don't like conclave, then maybe this syandana is not for you. Thankfully, there are several other syandanas that don't require you to play what you feel is a waste of time.  

Edited by Sevek7
Added detail in parentheses
  • Like 6

19 hours ago, --Q--ualityContent said:

Just let it be, DE doesn't care about Conclave in the least we can see that in the form of balancing neglect and the fact that there is no new frame added to Conclave and also no activity here from the side of DE.

Also regarding the Syandana...
To quote a certain black door from a different game: "You are not worthy."
You got the unique item, I can understand if you want it easier, alright, as in 1 light fades per day, I'm up for that but not that lazy conclave farmer "mimimi forever" that would only give the incentive to gain standing and never touch conclave again.

So get the skins and don't bother with the Syandana it clearly is not intended for you.

13 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

I'm sorry that you feel conclave is a "waste of time" and "all this pain." I think the celestia syandana was designed for people who enjoy conclave, who play it daily (for fun, not for grinding cosmetics) and thus don't have trouble keeping it lit. I think if you don't like conclave, then maybe this syandana is not for you. Thankfully, there are several other syandanas that don't require you to play what you feel is a waste of time.  

While I understand your opinions, I would totally accept the challenge, the fact that you need to keep playing the dailies or weeklies to keep the syandana lit, if it wasn't for two facts:

1. There are tons of other things to be done in this game (and conclave gives you no progress towards any of these, and actually does the exact opposite),

2. The mode is left out by the devs, in quite a terrible state.

Conclave has a bunch of things that make it unfun for me, first is that you can use the mechanic where you can stay behind a corner and still shoot around it, second that Ignis is bloody broken there, and third that no one plays Lunaro (one time I had fun in it - the only time I've actually found someone else playing it).

Let's be honest - a majority of people never touches conclave. For obvious reasons, which I've mentioned before. That's why I feel like it should be changed.

Yeah, although I understand both sides of the arguments, in that this is a conclave item for a reason, but that players want to enjoy their items permanently after they have gained them... I gotta say that Conclave rewards in general are treated poorly. They really should remove all these petty restrictions, and just make it so that all items from conclave can be used like any other items everywhere else. If anything, have it so that you have to play conclave to get them, but if you have them, then you should just have them, not suffer through some caveat. 

People wont bother to invest on Conclave for multiple reasons, I think this is one of them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Piterros990 said:

While I understand your opinions, I would totally accept the challenge, the fact that you need to keep playing the dailies or weeklies to keep the syandana lit, if it wasn't for two facts:

1. There are tons of other things to be done in this game (and conclave gives you no progress towards any of these, and actually does the exact opposite),

2. The mode is left out by the devs, in quite a terrible state.

Conclave has a bunch of things that make it unfun for me, first is that you can use the mechanic where you can stay behind a corner and still shoot around it, second that Ignis is bloody broken there, and third that no one plays Lunaro (one time I had fun in it - the only time I've actually found someone else playing it).

Let's be honest - a majority of people never touches conclave. For obvious reasons, which I've mentioned before. That's why I feel like it should be changed.

Yeah it's sad that angry PvE players have forced PvP out of the general progression system. It would be great if you could do things like open relics in conclave. 

Once you start using mobility better, ignis users become quite easy to beat. Staticor is worse 😞 

• Like 4

On 2019-10-27 at 12:01 AM, Sevek7 said:

Yeah it's sad that angry PvE players have forced PvP out of the general progression system. It would be great if you could do things like open relics in conclave. 

Once you start using mobility better, ignis users become quite easy to beat. Staticor is worse 😞 

Oh yeah, I heard Staticor is broken there too. Haven't met any yet, and I'm not willing to (or become one). Maybe Hadoukening people would be fun, but probably not for long, since it'll be too easy.

And progressing in conclave... that kinda doesn't appeal to me. I mean, we've already talked about weapons like Ignis or Staticor.

6 hours ago, Piterros990 said:

Oh yeah, I heard Staticor is broken there too. Haven't met any yet, and I'm not willing to (or become one). Maybe Hadoukening people would be fun, but probably not for long, since it'll be too easy.

And progressing in conclave... that kinda doesn't appeal to me. I mean, we've already talked about weapons like Ignis or Staticor.

Yeah I agree with your sentiment. The good thing is there's a tacit agreement within the conclave community that we all avoid weapons like those, in fact we generally don't use abilities either. It's fine that progression through PvP doesn't appeal to you, I wasn't suggesting that the PvE progression be replaced by PvP progression, instead just toying with the idea that perhaps we could have two progression paths. I've felt extreme boredom running the same PvE fissure mission over and over again to crack relics, so opening relics in conclave would be awesome at the very least because it might break that boredom! I like this idea of dual-progression, because people who don't like PvP obviously shouldn't be forced to play it, but PvE can get very monotonous.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sevek7 said:

Yeah I agree with your sentiment. The good thing is there's a tacit agreement within the conclave community that we all avoid weapons like those, in fact we generally don't use abilities either. It's fine that progression through PvP doesn't appeal to you, I wasn't suggesting that the PvE progression be replaced by PvP progression, instead just toying with the idea that perhaps we could have two progression paths. I've felt extreme boredom running the same PvE fissure mission over and over again to crack relics, so opening relics in conclave would be awesome at the very least because it might break that boredom! I like this idea of dual-progression, because people who don't like PvP obviously shouldn't be forced to play it, but PvE can get very monotonous.

Oh that's interesting, had no idea of that, from my personal experience most matches had at least one person using Ignis Wraith. But with the second thing, in conclave, you don't use abilities all that often. One of the things I love about Warframe is how limitless it is, and you can feel it mostly while utilizing different frames' abilities. I know, this is a subject of opinion, but there are probably more people out there that would prefer feeling powerful than feeling limited.

Regarding progression, I wasn't really talking about replacing, but just the progression there. Let's say, what if you lose? Wouldn't be nice if you were actually getting less loot or chance of dropping something. That would require a lot of balancing probably, and well, we know DE's attitude towards that mode, sadly.

But yeah, regarding the boredom, true. I can definitely see why people get bored of fissures quickly. It can be solved in other ways tbh, for me personally at least. On lower level fissures I mostly test builds or just level weapons and frames, and between almost every run I switch my loadout. And I don't really get bored when I see the potential outcome, that may let me get something fun (extra plat or a new prime weapon/frame). But I totally get your point here.

24 minutes ago, Piterros990 said:

Oh that's interesting, had no idea of that, from my personal experience most matches had at least one person using Ignis Wraith. But with the second thing, in conclave, you don't use abilities all that often. One of the things I love about Warframe is how limitless it is, and you can feel it mostly while utilizing different frames' abilities. I know, this is a subject of opinion, but there are probably more people out there that would prefer feeling powerful than feeling limited.

Regarding progression, I wasn't really talking about replacing, but just the progression there. Let's say, what if you lose? Wouldn't be nice if you were actually getting less loot or chance of dropping something. That would require a lot of balancing probably, and well, we know DE's attitude towards that mode, sadly.

But yeah, regarding the boredom, true. I can definitely see why people get bored of fissures quickly. It can be solved in other ways tbh, for me personally at least. On lower level fissures I mostly test builds or just level weapons and frames, and between almost every run I switch my loadout. And I don't really get bored when I see the potential outcome, that may let me get something fun (extra plat or a new prime weapon/frame). But I totally get your point here.

Yeah! If you notice people using ignis / staticor, usually they are relatively new to conclave. They're probably more prevalent in recruit conditioning. Ignis becomes pretty easy to counter once you've had lots of practice (essentially just use your mobility to keep them at long range), but staticor is more difficult because of the huge AOE & knockdown. On the abilities, my feeling is that ability kills just aren't very fun. Tracking someone with a braton or flicking with a lex is really fun and satisfying, jumping into a group of tenno and pressing 4 is just a bit boring in comparison. That being said, I don't think abilities should be removed, and I don't mind other people using them. You're right of course that you can't use abilities very often, so it's really not a problem. 

Hmm good question about the losing. I don't usually pay much attention to the end of match rewards, and I guess there's a question about whether the rewards should change depending on how well you performed. On the one hand, we don't want to discourage people from PvPing, so we want rewards even for bad performance. But on the other hand, we don't want people just AFK-ing in there to get the rewards. I guess some kind of balance between the two would be needed! 

I usually do the same on the fissures. I would love an endless fissure mode that was as fast as a capture/exterminate fissure for each relic opened. The act of constantly going back to the orbiter and then starting the fissure mission again is what really drains me after a while.

On 2019-10-31 at 5:55 PM, Sevek7 said:

Yeah! If you notice people using ignis / staticor, usually they are relatively new to conclave. They're probably more prevalent in recruit conditioning. Ignis becomes pretty easy to counter once you've had lots of practice (essentially just use your mobility to keep them at long range), but staticor is more difficult because of the huge AOE & knockdown. On the abilities, my feeling is that ability kills just aren't very fun. Tracking someone with a braton or flicking with a lex is really fun and satisfying, jumping into a group of tenno and pressing 4 is just a bit boring in comparison. That being said, I don't think abilities should be removed, and I don't mind other people using them. You're right of course that you can't use abilities very often, so it's really not a problem. 

Hmm good question about the losing. I don't usually pay much attention to the end of match rewards, and I guess there's a question about whether the rewards should change depending on how well you performed. On the one hand, we don't want to discourage people from PvPing, so we want rewards even for bad performance. But on the other hand, we don't want people just AFK-ing in there to get the rewards. I guess some kind of balance between the two would be needed! 

I usually do the same on the fissures. I would love an endless fissure mode that was as fast as a capture/exterminate fissure for each relic opened. The act of constantly going back to the orbiter and then starting the fissure mission again is what really drains me after a while.

Oh yea, I can relate so much to the loading screens and having to reselect the mission. That's why I usually don't open relics on these, unless I'm doing a radshare (that way, people can leave if they run out of relics and someone else can join in). Ehh, HDD... At least excavations and disruptions are fast (though, well, they have their obvious downsides).

Having the conclave syandana either be perma or not based on challenges would nice, the current melee update has super borked conclave. Dual swords and claws are 1 shotting, ground slams are basically broken now, telos boltace ragdolls people with 0 counter etc. etc. Really not fun to play against.

Syandana could be lit based on matches played, starts at 0 and for each match you play 1 set of lights flare up. For each day that passes one goes out. This way there's still incentive to play conclave. Personally I'd like it to be permanent anyway..but meh. Maybe if it was, more people would be willing to try out conclave to grind for it, and maybe some would stick around. As of right now I've seen a lot of people turned off by the syandana due to it's requirements.