Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With the upcoming content requiring Kuva siphon completion, a request: Shorten the dead time on Kuva siphons.

Chroia

With the incoming content (Requiem Relics) depending on Kuva siphon.flood missions, now would be a great time to look at how Kuva siphons work.

As it stands, there is a static, uninteractive 25 seconds between Kuva Cloud spawns.
If it takes you more than 10 seconds to capture a cloud, something went wrong.
This starts at Siphon start, so 125 seconds (bare minimum) for a perfect siphon clear.

This means that, generously, 15 of each 25 seconds are 'dead time', where you're waiting for the next spawn, and supposedly engaging with the adds. Except that this doesn't work.
The adds are sporadic and sparse. Even if you're undergeared for the content, they're not interesting to fight, because they're individual and incoherent. They're neither intrinsically nor extrinsically rewarding to fight in such drips and drabs.
And the only truly threatening enemies are (Hyekka masters due to their high eHP and insane Heat damage (via Ignis and grenade) and) Kuva Guardians.
Who are a whole other can of worms Nyuk nyuk which I won't get into here.
It's better than watching paint dry, but not by much.

Furthermore, you can just invis/invuln (or Operator) and just ignore everything but the Kuva.

Assuming 5 minutes per mission, and going by 10:15 (or 2:3, or 66%), this means that:
~1:23 minutes per 2:05 minutes per siphon (66%), and
~1:23 minutes - for 27.667% - per mission are dead time. Time where the player knows, unavoidably that, rather than having fun playing the game, they're being forced to wait, because reward schedules (read: player frustrations) trump player entertainment.
Is this really what you want?

Not much you guys specifically can do about the combat side of it, but please - can you do something about the dead time?

Ideally, I'd like to see the Cloud spawn delay reduced to 15 seconds, which is plenty for a capture, and call it a day.
But since I'm sure the timegating is intentional, some alternatives:
* Lower the time between spawns to 15 seconds and double the amount of clouds required - i.e. The first cloud capture agitates a funnel, the second destroys it. Minimal change required.
This leaves you with nearly the same completion time (120 sec min vs. 125), but requires little effort for a sharp decrease (50%) in dead time.
* Do away with the static delay, spawn a new cloud X seconds after a capture/miss. Potentially increase the # of captures per siphon to maintain the timegate.
* Rush mode: All siphons trigger at once, with clouds missed detracting from your earned Kuva.

Or if not that, something. Anything.
Please?

I like the cloud capturing itself (a particular favorite was the old Gas City 2-tiers-around-a-central-tower tile. Perching invis up top for overview, only to swoop down and nab the clouds and vanish again :3
Sadly, that tile didn't return in the remaster.)
it's all the packing peanut whack-a-mole and straight up unavoidable, unmitigatable 'watching paint dry' enforced waitwalls that I increasingly can't stand.

Thank you for your time.

I was hoping the mods would drop from kuva mobs (indicated from the blood visual on the start map) so regular missions would be infiltrated by these news kuva mobs. This way the star chart missions would be more active again. Except these mods are limited to horrible kuva siphons and floods. I hate doing those, so much so it's killing my excitement for the new content.