Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please give back our World On Fire :'(

ErzaScarletTR

I signed up for this game 6 years ago and my playtime 1615 hours in game. I am an Ember main player (%56.3 Ember Prime and %5.1 Ember, this %'s lowered because of LoR, because Ember was useless at this mission). 

I usually played solo, because i don't like to wait others for finish the missions and i didn't want to make other players cry cause of my WoF skill. When DE nerfed WoF (energy cost scale up with time), it was sad time for Ember players, but it was OK. Ember was not enough strong for kill high level enemies, but it was not problem for me. I loved her with her old skills. She provided a fluent gaming experience with WoF. Every player has his own style of play, so I've set up my own style of play. But unfortunately you have ruined it with this update. 

I haven't had time to play the game for a long time, I wanted to keep playing when I had time. But after that rework, I gave up my dreams of returning to the game. I don't understand why you made such a change, there are many warframes with different features in the game. It would be much better to create a new character instead of changing a character's gameplay completely. Those who played this warframe were playing against the high-level enemies even though they were weak, there was no need for such a change.

Please give Ember's WoF back and, if you wish, develop this new skill set to create a new character with these abilities. I don't want much more damage, i want back my playstyle. Thank you for reading. I don't have time to follow this topic, i just wanted said what i felt and thought, please be respectful guys. Have a nice day, if possible at this state.2019-11-06_1.png

• Like 3

You can't please everyone. What about the people who enjoy new Ember, and don't want World on Fire back? I understand your disappointment, but I don't think abandoning a frame with an archaic kit that few people use and just making a new one to keep a handful of people happy is the way to go.

Edited by AdunSaveMe
  • Like 1

Don't hold your breath. They ruined Limbo and made him a micromanagement nightmare to play unless you play him in extreme cheese mode and haven't budged on the changes made to him, they aren't likely to revert changes that are actually good for the game and bring the frame in line with the newer frames and game's direction.

But honestly, I'd be firmly against it. Ember's actually fun to play now. No more pushing one button and ignoring every other ability she has.

Edited by Ceryk

@Ceryk But you didn't have to play a single button without using your other skills. I was playing with the second and third skills. And you don't have to play Ember, if you're not having fun, you can choose other warframes. The new skill set might be great for many players, but it would be better if a separate Warframe with this skill set was created. That way old Ember players would be pleased, but unfortunately many players are selfish.

While I play this character in its old form and love it, how can those who don't like to play say that it should remain like this?

I can at least partially support this: World on Fire as it was implemented wasn't a well-designed ability, but then neither is Inferno, and at the end of the day I don't think there's been an appreciable improvement in quality of gameplay there. Additionally, I believe World on Fire can be salvaged, whereas Inferno cannot: the problem with World on Fire isn't simply that it kills everyone regardless of line-of-sight, but that it can do so all the time, so if it were limited with some sort of special resource or the like, it'd be fine, and could in fact be allowed to be made much stronger. Meanwhile, Inferno may be restricted by LoS, but is ultimately just a spammy damage dump that requires no real aiming, has no real interaction with enemies, and defeats its one unique mechanic of spreading its fire DoT by being an instant damage nuke that CCs enemies it hits.

Thus, I think there is a solid argument to be made for returning to WoF, provided it receives certain changes: the horrible range/cost/damage modifiers over time shouldn't return, as they were an awful nerf to the ability that achieved nothing, and the ability should probably have some sort of limitation that isn't Energy-based: for example, if Ember built up a resource every time she Heat-procced an enemy, and expended it to use WoF, the ability would be reserved for certain special occasions, rather than something to toggle on and forget. In exchange, the ability's base damage could be significantly increased, and it could be made to damage all enemies in the AoE equally (you could even have it call down meteors!).

Edited by Teridax68
  • Like 1

hace 5 horas, AdunSaveMe dijo:

You can't please everyone. What about the people who enjoy new Ember, and don't want World on Fire back? I understand your disappointment, but I don't think abandoning a frame with an archaic kit that few people use and just making a new one to keep a handful of people happy is the way to go.

But what if her 4 became world on fire again and holding the button did the meteor thingie? That's how you please both parties.

Also guys there's a thread for this:

12 hours ago, ErzaScarletTR said:

@Ceryk But you didn't have to play a single button without using your other skills. I was playing with the second and third skills. And you don't have to play Ember, if you're not having fun, you can choose other warframes. The new skill set might be great for many players, but it would be better if a separate Warframe with this skill set was created. That way old Ember players would be pleased, but unfortunately many players are selfish.

While I play this character in its old form and love it, how can those who don't like to play say that it should remain like this?

While you may not have played that way, most people did. WoF made every other ability in her kit largely obsolete and was also her primarily form of survivability, using it was the best and most logical way to play her. That's coming from someone who hated the ability and tried to play without using it. And seriously? Going and calling other people who are excited about the changes selfish because you don't like change... Excuse you, sitting there telling DE NOT to fix a highly contentious and problematic frame that is not good for the overall state of the game and demanding they go through all of the additional work required to add a new frame when they've likely already got a huge list of frames they plan on adding just because you don't want things to change for YOU regardless of whether or not the changes are good of the game and the frame as a whole is selfish.

We are talking about an ability that has been problematic and contentious for as long as anyone can remember. They have tried multiple times to keep the ability in the game and failed to bring the problems it causes under control. The only fix for WoF is removing it. And before you argue with me about Flash Accellerant not needing to be removed, something needed to be done to replace the lost survivability caused by removing WoF and reintroducing a modified version of her original 2 made more sense than expecting people to spam 2 every few seconds because that would drain all of her power and prevent her from using her other abilities (which was also another part of the problem with WoF beside annoying team members.)

They wouldn't have made such drastic changes if it wasn't necessary. That should be obvious given how many times they tried to fix the problems with Ember in the past without changing the ability set itself.

Edited by Ceryk