Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How bad is the RNG to get Octavia's Neuroptics ?

NutCrusher

Question

Ok so my husband & I have ran ODS well over 50+ possibly more maybe around 60+ , times going to 30 minutes each time even though to rotation C we only have to go to 20 minutes , why has it not dropped , is it just broken or is my RNG just that horrible or are we doing something wrong for it not to drop ?

7 answers to this question

Going 0 for 50 is about a 1 in 350,000 chance.  Taking it to to 60 is 1 in 4.5 million.  It's not impossible given the size of the player base, but it's unlikely enough to be suspicious.

I have to ask the dumb questions.  Are you sure you're doing survival in the Derelict and not in, say, the Void?  You're crafting a key for it, right?  

Have you checked your inventory?  Maybe you just didn't see it?

How many Mutalist Alad V Nav Coordinates have you accumulated?  If you've gone to 30 mins 50 times then you should have around 12-13 of them just from ODS.

7 hours ago, NutCrusher said:

going to 30 minutes

You don't have to do this.  20 is fine.

2 hours ago, Buff00n said:

Going 0 for 50 is about a 1 in 350,000 chance.  Taking it to to 60 is 1 in 4.5 million.  It's not impossible given the size of the player base, but it's unlikely enough to be suspicious.

I have to ask the dumb questions.  Are you sure you're doing survival in the Derelict and not in, say, the Void?  You're crafting a key for it, right?  

Have you checked your inventory?  Maybe you just didn't see it?

How many Mutalist Alad V Nav Coordinates have you accumulated?  If you've gone to 30 mins 50 times then you should have around 12-13 of them just from ODS.

You don't have to do this.  20 is fine.

Its definitely not impossible, improbable yes though. I literally don't think I have heard of an item with 22% drop chance and not gettting it within a few runs. 60 runs is what i expect for frames like khora. Not even prime parts are that bad