The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The true reason why DE won't fix Lich RNG

ixidron92

On 2019-11-12 at 8:36 PM, ixidron92 said:

The true reason why DE won't fix Lich RNG

Time will tell if I'm right or if this is just a nutty conspiracy theory. 

I know for a fact you had too much coffee this morning,

Then again I'm not sure. 😃

• Like 1

On 2019-11-13 at 4:36 AM, ixidron92 said:

this is just a nutty conspiracy theory

True! What's better is that you predicated your entire theory on things you think could possibly happen with absolutely no facts to lean it toward believable.Chief among those is that they'd allow direct trades of Liches for Plat. I don't think "selling your enemies" is something DE would be designing into this system (doesn't sit with theme of having  a personal enemy), and I think it's more likely that a system will be put in place for you to be rid of your Lich if you really don't want it so that a clanmate or someone can take it on, not as a lucrative trading option. Again, anything's possible, but cashing in on telling your villian to go have a blood feud with someone else sounds pretty nutty.

On 2019-11-13 at 4:36 AM, ixidron92 said:

A new moneymaking scheme

Threads like these tend to come down to the same thing: "DE is scheming and plotting to get their hands on our money!" Of course the devs want you to spend money on the game. They work on it full-time, base their livelihoods on it and let everyone play it without having pay a cent. Of course it's better for them if you put money into it. But if they really desperately wanted to squeeze money out of you, they'd be a lot tighter with how they run the premium elements of the game (like not being able to trade plat to other players, for example), or they'd just make the game pay-to-play. Why do developers get cast as these mustache-twirling thieves and scoundrels when something could even potentially generate revenue for a game that needs revenue to survive? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

So what do you think of all of Warframe's grind

I'm fine with it. 

Unlike other games that drag out the grind to halt story progress, or to lock the end game(the main course), Warframe's game play is grind, and only grind. There's barely any story, and there is 0 end game. You do not need to get the best gear(or any gear to be precise) to finish every part of the game, and if you are not grinding, there's nothing for you to do. So the affinity, the focus, the forma, is just another reason they give you to play the game without feeling completely wasting your time.

I also think the grind is their way to fight content drought, but it's a sad situation that they have to do this. If they have an end game, and/or a functional pvp, then they don't have to resort to this. Just to be clear, I don't know their attentions, I'm just willing to give them benefits of the doubt, if they implement an end game, yet still keep all this grind, I'm willing to call bs on that.

5 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

time gating

I think it's not ideal, it's cheap, it's a relic free to play game system that should be abandoned. Specially that forma wait, the time gate and the the amount we players demand do not match at all. 

5 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

Incidentally, what do you think of the foundry UI, where the "pay money to skip" button is literally half the width of the screen and the cancel button is tiny and embedded in the larger button? What do you think that UI design is trying to accomplish?

It's a trap...A silly one tho, easy to avoid.

Although it's a lil A hole for them to make console players use cursor. 

Just FYI they do give you a refund if you contact them and say it's an accident. One time only lol. 

13 hours ago, SordidDreams said:

I have a hard time understanding how a developer with low standards would be able to create a game that is good, except perhaps by accident, and I think games are too complex for that.

Ok the whole thread goes like this:

Jim:"games sell time skip are bad BECAUSE developers admitting it has value to skip (parts of)them"

Me:"Every game has value to skip, depends on your goals and priorities. It depends on the developers' integrity to decide whether to cash in on that or not. Judge developers not the game."

Conclusion: games sell time skip are bad BECAUSE the developers have low integrity, moreover they might f up the game with their greed.

Randy Marsh:"Now it just so happens..."

Although I have to say, I give free to play games a little pass since they do give me entertainment free of charge, and I can just leave without any hesitation.

• Like 1

On 2019-11-12 at 1:40 PM, Walkampf said:

Ehm... platinum will go from a player to another player... and as long the platinum stays in the ecosystem DE doesn't get anything out of it.

So yeah, nice try, will report for trolling.

Have to get the plat somehow.

If you're not a supervet trader tycoon where do you think it comes from?

• Like 1

Hard to find something to disagree with, but this caught my eye:

17 minutes ago, (PS4)caoshen0625 said:

I have to say, I give free to play games a little pass since they do give me entertainment free of charge, and I can just leave without any hesitation.

Can you, though? I'm asking sincerely, I don't know you. If you can, then you're a stronger person than me, because I know I couldn't just walk away from WF without any second thoughts or regrets. And I'm not sure I'm happy about that. F2P games do offer entertainment for free, but they also use all kinds of psychological tricks and manipulations to get you addictied and keep you around, because if you do walk away, they make no more money off of you. A game you buy has no reason to use these tricks, because it's already made its profit, so the devs don't care whether you finish it or drop it after half an hour. Such games you play because you want to, not because you have dailies to do or because you don't want to miss out on some kind of limited-time event or whatever.

Edited by SordidDreams

24 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

Hard to find something to disagree with, but this caught my eye:

Can you, though? I'm asking sincerely, I don't know you. If you can, then you're a stronger person than me, because I know I couldn't just walk away from WF without any second thoughts or regrets. And I'm not sure I'm happy about that. F2P games do offer entertainment for free, but they also use all kinds of psychological tricks and manipulations to get you addictied and keep you around, because if you do walk away, they make no more money off of you. A game you buy has no reason to use these tricks, because it's already made its profit, so the devs don't care whether you finish it or drop it after half an hour. Such games you play because you want to, not because you have dailies to do or because you don't want to miss out on some kind of limited-time event.

I don't think I'm stronger. Just like you said, F2Ps have all kinds of trap to hook you, so what I do is just keep a distance from the game.

I ignore mobile games completely, no matter how fun or popular they are, because I'm not sure I have the fortitude to not fall into their traps.

As for Warframe, I know I can't get attached to the game as soon as I encountered the time gate foundry, we all know what it is and what it is trying to do, so I just force myself wait, no matter how bad I want it. A few times later and you will get use to it, and as a side effect I care about stuff in the game less and less. I do want the game to get better and bigger tho, I just don't really attached to the items in the game. 

• Like 1

You know, it's funny how I struggle to find REAL use for god-roll rivens except for having even bigger numbers to stroke your ego, and you are telling me that people will be tripping over themselves to get a frikking dubba stubba with 60% elemental instead of 39%??

I mean, if some people have THIS much spare money and don't know what to waste it on... I guess some people will buy this crap for loads of plat? But the general use of this system will be to get your kuva mastery fodder faster if your RNG is bad or if you don't like liches. Lich ephemeras are common enough, don't see them being expensive either.

Edited by Mr.Fluffins
  • Like 1