Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has stealth kills been removed ?? Don't see stealth kill indicator anymore ??

Sepharoth

I only ask because I have not seen the stealth kill indicator pop up for awhile now. I just did an exterminate mission using a silent crossbow and I know I had some stealth kills but never once saw the indicator. Did the new kuva lich update kill off stealth kills by effectively making every mob in an every mission on alert even if you don't know it. Like I said, I am just asking because I use bows a lot and I haven't seen the stealth kill indicator show up for awhile. I used to get some in every mission.  And even using a non silent weapon, I could still get one or two stealth kills in a mission. But as I said, that stealth kill indicator hasn't popped up at all for some time now.

19 minutes ago, Sepharoth said:

I only ask because I have not seen the stealth kill indicator pop up for awhile now. I just did an exterminate mission using a silent crossbow and I know I had some stealth kills but never once saw the indicator. Did the new kuva lich update kill off stealth kills by effectively making every mob in an every mission on alert even if you don't know it. Like I said, I am just asking because I use bows a lot and I haven't seen the stealth kill indicator show up for awhile. I used to get some in every mission.  And even using a non silent weapon, I could still get one or two stealth kills in a mission. But as I said, that stealth kill indicator hasn't popped up at all for some time now.

unsure i have not noticed it on my pc account , i know that finishers have the new spike finisher weapon. unsure if that maybe, this is the issue with the stealth kill indicator not pulling form all kill flags then 

18 minutes ago, (XB1)razberryX said:

You can still get a stealth affinity bonus, but when you kill something with other enemies around it, even with a silent weapon, still puts them on alert. Upon killing another enemy, even if you are not seen, will alert them.

I thought they fixed that nonsense a few patches back? 

Normally I'd log in to check for myself but that ain't happening for the foreseeable future. 

27 minutes ago, Sepharoth said:

If using melee, yes the stealth kill is still there. You have to use your 'use keybinding' to do a melee stealth kill now. They changed the keybinding. The 'stealth kill' indicator is borked. It may show up on first enemy, but it doesn't show up on subsequent enemies, but rest assured, you can still perform a melee stealth kill on an unalerted enemy even when the indicator is not there.

Now if you're talking about using a silent weapon/modded silent weapon to kill an enemy to gain affinity, now that is a different bug/issue. Refer to what taiiat said:

3 minutes ago, taiiat said:

tl;dr Stealth got broken more recently so if you want to get Stealth XP with Guns, just put Enemies to Sleep otherwise the game will just break constantly.

Also, this bug/issue with silenced weapons no longer gaining affinity consistently was occurring before update 26 dropped. Feel free to add your voice to this bug report.

7 minutes ago, Oreades said:

I thought they fixed that nonsense a few patches back? 

Enemy ai has gotten super sensitive to their surroundings (see that bug report above and taiiat's comment, its pretty borked at the moment).

3 minutes ago, BlindStalker said:

Enemy ai has gotten super sensitive to their surroundings (see that bug report above and taiiat's comment, its pretty borked at the moment).

*Sigh* whelp guess they re-broke it.... well I know stuff like this probably isn't easy for them as I imagine they are frantically trying to salvage this mainline. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)razberryX said:

You can still get a stealth affinity bonus, but when you kill something with other enemies around it, even with a silent weapon, still puts them on alert. Upon killing another enemy, even if you are not seen, will alert them.

As Taiiat said in the following quote:

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

tl;dr Stealth got broken more recently so if you want to get Stealth XP with Guns, just put Enemies to Sleep otherwise the game will just break constantly.

It got broken before update 26 was released and hasn't been fixed as of yet.  It's gotten to the point that some of us are a little worried that DE might have done a stealth nerf to stealth mechanics.  Especially considering how no one has replied to the main topic in the bug reports.