Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

80-100 Sortie Defense Operative...

RelentlessLogic

The current tier 3 Sortie mission is a nightmare. Level 80-100, and we're defending a target with only 3k health against swarms of corpus buffed with Toxin damage.

The A****** doesn't even follow you to a safer location where you can defend them better. Oh no. The operative decides jumping around in a small circle in the middle of the room is the way to go.

They are getting hit from all enemies in the entire room, and dying every 3 seconds. When I jump into operator and resuscitate them in stealth (or you die), and return to my warframe, I'm instantly dead anyway.

Out of the 10 wave requirement, I only lasted 3 waves before I ran out of self revives. Complete  🐮:poop:

/end rant.

there's some options to witstand that toxin modifier:
- Antitoxin mod or the Toxin resistance Aura
- Nezha's Safeguard allows you to shield the operative
- Harrow can heal everybody while attacking if Penance is on, plus you can use their damage against themselves by using covenant
- Vazarin's void dash (heal 60% max hp over 5 seconds)
- Wisp's totems (but it won't help the operative, only your teammates)
- Adaptation (if you have enough hp to avoid being one shotted)
- Equinox's Peaceful Provocation (an bit hard, since it doesn't work at long range attacks and against nullifier)
- Oberon's Phoenix Renewal (he can heal operative while keeping the allies... alive)
- Vauban can use its new bastille-vortex to keep them from approaching too much, plus that armor steal effect applied on binded ones can give some extra resilience

and so on

just try coordinate with your team and probably can finish it without much troubles
i even fought with randoms and won... besides they did denied me from changing my elemental weapon to physical... so my ally Mesa did solved the damage part

• Like 1

Thanks for the ideas, but it's definitely the enemies hiding up the back of the room out of range that are getting the killing blows on the operative 😞
I have to solo sorties, because joining groups is 1200ms usually (crappy internet) and doesn't end well. Oberon/Equinox/Nezha/Oberon/Vauban seem a bit too squishy solo, so I have been using Hildryn for my attempts on this one. The constant shield boosting from her Pillage is keeping me alive without issue, but as soon as I have to stop and res the operative I get into trouble if there's a large group of enemies nearby. Sadly I don't have Adaptation/Harrow/Vazarin. Antitoxin isn't an issue for me but it doesn't seem to affect the operative.

Update: tried limbo, doesn't banish the operative anymore 😞

Edited by Exodus3v5
update
  • Like 1

That's exactly what I was doing, I go into operator > void mode > revive Operative > back into warframe. But re-entering warframe is the only point when I die, that second or two where you don't have your abilities back. I think the issue is that the operative won't follow, just wants to circle the middle platform and jump on those broken crates at the back where it's up in the open / hard to revive. Weapon or no weapon given annoyingly. Will give it a few more goes, but if it keeps happening I might just wait til reset and hope the sortie is one I can solo for NW.

Hi there

I solo those too and the aimless wandering can be a pain, it's a shame you don't have Vazarin, I pretty much spam that, spawning Spectres can be helpful too, they used to revive defence and rescue NPCs but they don't anymore, it's hard to know whether it was a conscious decision or an unintended bug but nether the less they can be useful.

If you own Inaros and the Rage / Hunter Adrenaline mod you can pretty much spam pocket sand, gives you some handy cc as well as nice survivability.

All the best.

• Like 1

Gara. For some reasons, the operative get stuck inside her wall and won't go out.  Thing is, since it was corpus, the wall will just -boop- with the moas and nullifies.

Edit : I finished mine with Speed Nova, can tell you that at wave 6 they were getting thougher.

Edited by Forgeron.2374

Easy defense with Specters. These may help:
1. Warframe specter. Vapor, Phase, Force, or Cosmic.
2. Ancient Healer Sanguine Eximus Specter
3. Charger Parasitic Eximus Specter
4. Corrupted Lancer Leech Eximus Specter
5. MOA Blitz Eximus Specter
6. Roller Leech Eximus Specter
7. Shield Osprey Guardian Eximus Specter.
8. Clem clone specter.

I used Nekros Prime with ability 4, Shadow of the dead. There are so many allies, that the Operative only went bleeding out once for the entire 10 wave defense Sortie mission.

• Like 2

I just run Trinity and babysit him

On 2019-11-13 at 7:29 PM, DarthIronclad said:

The ai is prob the thing that needs to be looked at, as I have operatives who just run into where the enemies are coming from...instesd of taking cover being you

I really don't understand why they don't just use the same AI as the ones in Arbitrations.

• Like 2

Use Loki with Switch Teleport to move him wherever you want, add the immunity augment to make it extra easy. He will still try to kill himself but at least you have some control over where he goes, in a party the Loki will probably have to play babysitter for the entire game while the rest is clearing mobs.

Laggy hosts may cause Switch Teleport to drop him off the map and fail the mission though...

The current Sortie went much better than the previous big Corpus map. Being on the Grineer defence tileset made babysitting the Operative much easier. Was able to one shot the mission, and only had to res the Operative twice 😄 Much easier when he's not a sitting duck in the middle of a big open room...
I am confused as to why the Operative for a level 100 mission is level 53 with 3k health though. Shouldn't he be a bit higher?

• Like 1