Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

BUFF Garuda!

PRI3RAK729

On 2019-11-26 at 9:34 AM, Kingsmount said:

• A separate concern, but It'd also be nice if it didn't take so much effort to invest in creating a blood orb bomb,  Just pressing Q or M1 gives you equivalent damage without having to awkwardly build up a stack.  Making it charge significantly faster would go a long way. 

... Dread Mirror is both a horrible and unreliable defensive ability,  and an incredibly situational and unreliable offensive ability.

You might as well just be using a melee weapon,  the mirror protection is only marginally better than melee blocking.

It's just never worth using.   And I mean never.

You are right in that Dread Mirror is not significantly better than the newly improved melee blocking.  However, it's a MASSIVE improvement over no blocking at all if you're using a ranged weapon (or are doing a heavy windup... like getting ready to throw a Glaive... and while your glaive is gone.)  So, strictly defensively, it has very valid uses... just maybe not your own use case.

The damage bloodball multiplier could be higher for faster damage accumulation though... takes a while to make it worth using over just using weapons (without very high strength values... I assume it works much better at 175%+ than 154%)

One way to fix this is if the blood bomb had a much greater base range and worked without line of sight.  The explosion range is so small as it stands,  the only way to make it worth using is if it were a proper nuke ability.  Just,  unlike other nuke abilities in the game it would take stacking up and a long cast animation/charge time to fire,  instead of a press x to win button.   

Or keep the ranges as is,  but make it far easier to use.

One extended range mod makes it pretty comfortable, and I'd recommend the extended range mod for a more usable Blood Altar anyway.

• Bloodletting. Such an awkward ability.  Energy on demand in exchange for getting one-shot by anything in the game, let alone stray status procs.   It scales (Very awkwardly) with efficiency,  yet with efficiency there is little reason to use it. It's barely even convenient the more you think about it.    It should scale with Strength instead, and then it's your choice if you want to stack efficiency on top of it.  Maybe it could scale with both Efficiency and Strength, allowing hybrids.

Yes and no.  Like you, I've decided that it's not worth building around... deliberately lowering my health pool to make it easier to die seems like a bad trade off (same with the passive... it may as well not exist because I'm just not comfortable getting low enough on health for the buff to be significant... I hate dying.)

But... it's a HUGE boon if you've just gotten your energy drained by a leeching enemy.  One tap to get some energy back, Blood Altar on the next guy you see, get back to full health, tap Bloodletting again once or twice to get your energy full again.  

So, as a recovery mechanism it's awesome.

Also... If you have a pair of Blood Altars going (especially with  the Mirror active) then you can tap for energy without too much danger.  If this scenario, you can blast 4 regularly.

Edited by Krenlik

I was somewhat too harsh with my criticism of Dread Mirror,  it's not as bad as I made it out to be because in conjunction with seeking talons you don't have to charge it much at all to kill most enemies.   It's still overtly clunky and does still take too long to pull off.  

The primary problem with dread mirror is its tiny range.  Its base range should be doubled. Then I'd be entirely content with it.  As is it's too much time and energy investment into too small of an area of effect and feels entirely unusable without a range mod.  

It should at least be able to nuke the equivalent of a several heavy slam areas at once,  otherwise efficiency is focused on just using slams to trigger the bleeds instead of the blood orb.  Doing so also means you're constantly getting full heals with each slam,  vs not being healed while using blood orb unless you also took even more set up to plant blood altars and stayed within them, in which case it's still not as effective as life strike.

There's a lot of opportunity cost to using the blood bomb.

This doesn't change all my other comments though!

Garuda's 1 NEEDS to work on enemies pinned by her 2, and preferably any execute by her 1 gives her stacking damage resistance up to at least 90% though I'll be content with 75%.  The synergy with her 2 is how her 2 prevents enemies from dying,  allowing you to actually use her 1 to execute things for once.

Edited by Kingsmount

On 2019-11-26 at 4:34 PM, Kingsmount said:

• Bloodletting.

2 hours ago, Krenlik said:

Yes and no.

Have you guys tried building her for Quick Thinking and Primed Flow? I think the entire idea behind her passive is to use those mods. You’ll spend the entire mission at 2 health and you’ll be using blood altars so you can convert health to basically even more health in the form of energy.

Basically you consider your energy bar your ‘health’ bar and your health bar is your ‘mana’ bar.
- Use 2 to restore mana (which is your health).

- Use your 3 to restore your health (which is your energy).

With efficiency mods your damage dealing abilities (1, 2 and 4) cost less ‘health’ and your 3 also restores more ‘health’. That’s the idea behind her 3 imo.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Mr-Wookie_ said:

Have you guys tried building her for Quick Thinking and Primed Flow? I think the entire idea behind her passive is to use those mods. You’ll spend the entire mission at 2 health and you’ll be using blood altars so you can convert health to basically even more health in the form of energy.

Basically you consider your energy bar your ‘health’ bar and your health bar is your ‘mana’ bar.
- Use 2 to restore mana (which is your health).

- Use your 3 to restore your health (which is your energy).

With efficiency mods your damage dealing abilities (1, 2 and 4) cost less ‘health’ and your 3 also restores more ‘health’. That’s the idea behind her 3 imo.

I did try that, yes.  I didn't like it at all.  Still ended up dying way too much.

Basically, it becomes a Rube Goldberg machine of staying alive.   And putting that much effort into translating health to energy, etc, is time that could have been spent just trashing enemies in the first place.

Yes, that's probably what they intended, but I personally don't think it has any benefit over just doing things the "normal" way.

Edited by Krenlik
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)Mr-Wookie_ said:

Well, there’s the benefit of all your damage being doubled.

As long as you don’t get yourself surrounded and have your shield up, you shouldn’t be dying too often. That’s my experience with the build.

What kills you most often when using that build?

Bombards I think... aoe damage.  But there are easier ways to double your damage that aren't as convoluted/risky.   I have a Warframe Mod that does that simply by swapping weapons... one mod instead of 2+.

Edited by Krenlik

1 hour ago, Krenlik said:

Bombards I think... aoe damage.  But there are easier ways to double your damage that aren't as convoluted/risky.   I have a Warframe Mod that does that simply by swapping weapons... one mod instead of 2+.

I assume you’re talking about Vigorous Swap, in which case that damage boost is absolute peanuts (not to mention a waste of mod slot) compared to Garuda’s passive.
VS is an additive bonus to your guns, similar to serration, while Garuda’s passive is an independent multiplicative buff on all her damage, even melee and abilities. It’s the reason some people use her for eidolon hunting!

7 hours ago, Krenlik said:

How is it that risky? Unless its the staggers you struggle with. In which case you can try fitting stagger recovery.

Quick thinking and primed flow nets ~1350 HP to work with. Even an umbral build gets you only 1070. Most importantly with max efficiency you get 120% max energy restored on a full use of blood letting. This basically means even with 25% Hp used you restore 60% max energy in an instant. Thats a lot for a completely instant heal. Exceeding what blood altar can do by a good chunk. Only downside is its more manual than blood alters sustained healing.

In my experience quick thinking is the safest thing you can do unless the enemy has regular magnetic procs.

Edited by Annnoth

19 hours ago, Annnoth said:

How is it that risky? Unless its the staggers you struggle with. In which case you can try fitting stagger recovery.

Quick thinking and primed flow nets ~1350 HP to work with. Even an umbral build gets you only 1070. Most importantly with max efficiency you get 120% max energy restored on a full use of blood letting. This basically means even with 25% Hp used you restore 60% max energy in an instant. Thats a lot for a completely instant heal. Exceeding what blood altar can do by a good chunk. Only downside is its more manual than blood alters sustained healing.

In my experience quick thinking is the safest thing you can do unless the enemy has regular magnetic procs.

I reworked the quick thinking build I had and the mindset I was going for when attempting it.   I was initially attempting to maximize the passive, which meant being ridiculously low on real-HP all the time with mostly just energy as the save.  Junked that.

Being used as additional HP to cover explosions, in conjunction with a decent health pool and armor, made things a lot more comfortable.  Now I can drop 50% health (not near 100%) and have a buffer to recover from if/when things go south (and if things start getting really hairy, I can try keeping both HP and energy maxed.)

Also went back to a companion that could restore shields if I got blasted for a little more time-buffer to work on recovery.  All in all, it's working fairly well for me now.  I'm sure many people would scoff at all of my defensive choices, but I like it.

Perhaps the main thing is that my reflexes and dancing on knives-edge isn't what it used to be, but I like a low-stress frame.  🙂